looking for a christmas movie

i just saw this Christmas movie aroun 10 years ago and i want to know what it is called. It has been a very long time so the details are a bit fussy

It was about a divorced father who gets his son over the xmas. His son wakes him when he hears someone on the roof. The father goes out and sees a man dressed as santa, he yells out at him and he falls of the roof and dies. In the shock he steals the dead guys clothes. He starts spiraling into insanity and drags his child in with him when the kid sees the dead santa. He Starts thinking he is santa and starts seeing elves and the north pole where all the elves are kids. He gets morbidly obese and dies his hair white. I can't remember the end but i remember that he kidnapped his son somewhere in the end.

I think the actor from that show where a housefather has a handyman tv show and a neighbor that gets never seen
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sounds like Jingle All The Way.
oh this is so the Santa Clause! :D
Original Grinch and 1998 Ron Howard Grinch. Frosty. Rudolph. Muppet Family Christmas.
no, it was none of them
I thought you were asking for suggestions, sorry. ^^;
Best movie summary ever.
Thanks, i just watched it again tho. I think i got it wrong when i was a kid
Hey, have you seen this other movie, this Valentine's Day horror movie? I forget the title. But the plot is, a spoiled rich girl is approached by a mentally disturbed white-trash man, at a carnival. He doesn't know her at all, but she is physically beautiful, and he lusts for power over her. So he dangles himself from the Ferris wheel, and threatens to kill himself in front of everyone, unless she agrees to become his sex slave. She agrees, and develops Stockholm Syndrome. Then he goes to war, and she becomes engaged to a mentally challenged man. Then the sociopath returns, and she cheats on her fiance with him. Her fiance, being mentally challenged, forgives her for this. Then the girl gets old and loses what was left of her mind, and as a near-vegetable, is still being held prisoner as a sex-slave for the sociopath.
Sadly no, i'm not into romantic movies
Yup, The Santa Clause.
sounds like "The Santa Clause"...
Yea, thats the same actor, thanks
You´re welcome. I just watched it yesterday.