Closed to new replies
December 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Good Idea, Bad Movie

:iconkaty133:
Katy133 Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student Filmographer
What animated movie(s) do you think had a good idea/concept/element, but ended up being a bad film; meaning it could have been good, if the movie was different. You can give example of animated/anime series as well.

I'm also interested in why you think the film could have been good if it was done differently. I mean, was it one of the characters that you liked? A plot twist? The story's set-up?

For example, I like the Dragon Hunters movie because of the setting; the idea and imagery of floating worlds looks amazing in that film: [link] But the story was just kind-of too simple and over-used (I still liked the film, I just think that it could have been better).

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvi0lynce:
VI0LYNCE Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student Digital Artist
A LOT IMO. ahaha

but to name a few

-The Cat Returns (omg i'm gonna get hated on because this is a studio ghibli movie. I loveee the miyazaki movies but this one surprised me with how underwhelming it was. The entire movie's storyline takes course over a few hours; essentially it's a realtime movie and it's not very impressive)

-The New Looney Tunes (WOW. I was sooo shocked at how bad it was when I first watched it. Extremely not funny and the jokes are almost adult-oriented I'm guessing to draw in a bigger crowd? The characters are ALL snarky and mean and spoiled, it's just all-around awful wow. I love the old Looney Tunes but this new series makes me really uncomfortable wow)

-Waybuloo (this looked SOOO cute when it first came out dfjkhdsakjs I was so excited to watch it. AND THEN I WATCHED IT. I know it's supposed to be a yoga-centric show for kids to get into yoga and meditation but wow Waybuloo overdoes it. The entire show is TOO chill and soft-spoken. Kids have short attention spans and they like excitement)

-Cars (mediocre storyline and execution. Could have been so much more exciting and fun)

-Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Gahoole (looked SO cute and fun from the trailer! But the movie was really really disappointing, so slow paced and boring, and ugh idk if it was just me, but it was REALLY confusing differentiating the owls from each other; a lot of the time I couldn't tell who was who)
:iconkaty133:
Katy133 Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student Filmographer
I agree with you on the The Owls of Gahoole film. I've read the books, so I was really hyped up to see it at first. Another studio Ghibli movie I could mention is Tales from Earthsea. It just had sooo many plot threads and side stories that it didn't explain. Have you seen it?
:iconmr-timeshadow:
Mr-Timeshadow Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
Oh, they butchered Tales from Earthsea. They also ruined Riverworld twice! And the remake of The Lathe of Heaven lacked ambition, unlike the cheaply made but very deep original.
:iconredfoxbennaton:
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
The matrix. It had all the good ideas it was just dull and a little boring and easy to make fun of because it was action film.
:iconpharaoh-ink:
Pharaoh-Ink Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I might get virtually smacked for this, but I have mixed feelings about Brave. I feel like it was alright as is, beautifully animated, but also strangely lacking. When I first saw the trailer for it, I was absolutely pumped, but then after the movie, it was not exactly what I expected. That's not to say it was a bad film, just fell a little flat for me because I had different scenarios in mind.
Add a Comment: