Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 74

Any He-Man, She-Ra, ThunderCats, or ReBoot fans out there?

:iconmiharuwatanabe:
MiharuWatanabe Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Great shows from the 80s and 90s, though they don't seem to have a very big fanbase on DA (aside from the new ThunderCats series). So I'm just looking for someone I can talk to about them.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkid-tarakona:
Kid-Tarakona Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
I remember watching ReBoot all the time when I was kid, but they cancelled it halfway through the third season because some parents complained it was too violent (and even ITV, who showed it at the time, thought the same).

I've never been a He-Man fan, but I do enjoy Thundercats. A friend of mine introduced me to the original series, but I had a bit of a hard time trying to get into it (their eyes used to creep me out). However, I did enjoy the 2011 reboot. The animation style was gorgeous and I felt it worked well, but the way things ended in the first season was what killed it for me.
MiharuWatanabe Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, I stopped watching before the 3rd season... not sure why, I guess I just wasn't seeing it on anymore.

Well, if you liked the 2011 version of ThunderCats, you might enjoy the 2002 remake of He-Man (unless, that's the one you were never a fan of).
:iconclaycowboys:
ClayCowboys Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional Writer
Dude...there's this kids station, Qubo, that has a special 'Night Owl' block from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. and they air He-Man, She-Ra, Bravestarr, Filmation's Ghostbusters, and newer shows like Class of the Titans and Being Ian. :D
MiharuWatanabe Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, I heard people talk about it. Unfortunately, I don't get that channel.
:icontenshi3d:
Tenshi3D Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
All of the above for me. I kinda grew up on those shows.
:iconjzlobo:
JZLobo Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Absolutely loved Reboot.
MiharuWatanabe Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yay! Another fan!
:iconroguishbard:
RoguishBard Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The past me of the 90s loved the Thundercats. Can't remember much about it though. Wasn't there a time when the Panther guy and Snarf got brain-swapped? I need to rewatch that old cartoon.

:iconthundercatsplz: Thunder! Thunder! THUNDERCATS, HOOOOOOOO!
MiharuWatanabe Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think so. I honestly never got around to watching all the episodes in order. ^^;
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The original He-Man and Thundercats were 2 of my favorite shows when I was a kid (thank you Cartoon Network for broadcasting them). Now that you reminded me, I need to watch my DVDs of the shows again :D
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I know all those shows ! what they tried to do with thundercats (and failed in my opinion) I hope they don't do the same with the other 80s shows. although, I fear, they probably are already thinking of doing that >.< they are eating away at the 80s and 90s so it's only a matter of time before they go after he-man and she-ra do I smell an all new live action movie or cgi/cartoon perhaps?
MiharuWatanabe Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
True, true. Though I do love the style of the new ThunderCats series, they completely screwed up the story in my opinion.

I honestly don't think they'll revamp He-Man again. It had a relaunch in 2002 (which was a fantastic series, BTW), and there's already a new comic series (which has a very... interesting story).
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I can't argue about the style but the plot was seriously lacking something, it was like they really tried or applied so much to the artwork they forgot the plot !
Haha yes! Someone who understands!
:iconhoggys2much:
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
I have been watching She-Ra: Princess Of Power and He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe since I was a kid in the 1980's. I used to collect the action figures and what have you.

I have The Secret Of The Sword on VHS bought back in the 1980's. Plus 1 other She-Ra VHS. Also I have several episodes of Heman/She-ra recorded onto tape when they used to be shown on TV. I have the entire He-Man She-ra series on DVD and I have the Christmas Special on DVD.

MY favourite episodes are: He-Man first:

The Visitors From Earth
The Origin Of The Sorceress
The Rainbow Warrior

For She-Ra

Sweet Bee's Home
Horde Prime Takes A Holiday
Loo-Kee Lends A Hand

I was never into Thundercats. I tried watching it but didn't really like it. The theme tune is amazing though and I used to fancy the utter hell out of Cheetara.

Oh and er BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL I HAVE THE POWER, FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL I AM SHE-RA.
MiharuWatanabe Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You. Are. AWESOME.
Did you know that there were plans to bring back She-Ra.

They were going to bring her back in the third season of the 2002 Masters Of The Universe tv show but it was cancelled before the third season so it never came about.

They even released a 2002 She-Ra action figure to coincide with it.
Oh yes, I am well aware. I grew up with the 2002 series, and I just got back into it (along with the entire MOTU franchise) about 2 years ago. Naturally, the 2002 series is my favorite and I own it on DVD. Such a shame it was canceled... and even so, the 40th episode would have ended on a cliffhanger anyway.
I never took to the 2002 series.

I tried watching a couple of the episodes but just couldn't get into it.

I think the reason being for me is that the 1983 series is He-Man and I didn't like the way the characters and animation looked in the 2002 series.
Really? I thought the characters looked perfectly updated.
:iconmr-timeshadow:
Mr-Timeshadow Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
Reboot? Hell, yeah! I have the newly released first compilation from seasons 1 & 2, and hope to get the second set as well. Dammit, though, why can't they get the sound right?
I recently got all the seasons on DVD. I just wish there were more bonus features.
Mr-Timeshadow Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
But the sound is still bad, right? Dot Matrix still sounds like a dude?
Really? I didn't notice any problems with the sound.
Mr-Timeshadow Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
Ah, then they fixed it? The movies and the initial release of the first two seasons had a sound problem that down-shifted all the sound to a lower register. Dot sounded like a man and the men sounded like they could sing bass...
I didn't even know there was a sound problem in the first place. But all the characters sounded fine to me.
Mr-Timeshadow Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
Ah, then maybe they fixed the problem at last! It would be great if I could buy the second set without worry....
:iconreesewhyte:
reesewhyte Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012   Digital Artist
I love Reboot! Megabyte playing electric guitar = badass.
That's my favorite episode! <3
:iconreesewhyte:
reesewhyte Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012   Digital Artist
Mine too! *high five*
:highfive:
:iconghostfreakfan01:
GhostFreakFan01 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
I love all 4!!!!!!
And a :+devwatch: for you too. =D
omg thankz!!!!!! WE HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!
And for the Honor of Grayskull~
XD all of those cartoons are awesome!!!
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
I loved Reboot and Thundercats (Both the original and the 2011 series, which is sad that the new cartoon is cancelled). I'm not the biggest He-Man and She-Ra, I was more into Transformers, TMNT and GI Joe.
That's okay, I like TMNT too. I'm a huge fan of the new series. I think it has the perfect combination of comedy from the original and the dark atmosphere of the 2003 series.
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
The new TMNT cartoon is pretty sweet, it reminds me a bit of Transformers: Animated, which is my favorite Transformers show aside Beast Wars.
:iconmagmal0rd:
magmal0rd Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I am a big fan of ReBoot.
Awesome! You get a :+devwatch:!
:iconmagmal0rd:
magmal0rd Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thanks man, I didn't know it was this easy to get watchers. Also, from below season 1 and 2 were good. They were like a Saturday morning cartoon from the first few episodes, but got much better, but not kid-friendly like some people say.
It really doesn't matter to me if shows are kid-friendly or not. As long as they're interesting enough to watch.
:iconfemalejester1212:
FemaleJester1212 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student
I like He-man.
That you do. =3
:D
I noticed you have some OCs for MOTU. Would you mind telling me a bit more about them?
I have other oc's that aren't MOTU related, and they're just oc's that can appear in any fandom.

I'll tell you my oc's.

Akuma is a miscellaneous oc, he's of course half vampire, half devil like his younger sister Insanitie. Akuma also has minions (I'll upload his minions eventually).

Insanitie is the same species as her brother, and she loves to torture people in her lab.

Donovan is 100% devil and he met Adrasteia (who is 100% vampire) in Transylvania, Romania. And they married a year after working together to torture people, and had Akuma 9 months later, and Insanitie about two years later.

Slither (MOTU oc) is King Hiss's pupil, and he can turn into a big blue and black snake, and he can choke people to death (by using his tail), I'll tell you more about him when I thought of something.

Jessica is a miscellaneous oc, and she got the scar over her left eye by Akuma's attack on her using his sword, and Scarseca is her inner demon.

Scarseca, is of course, a misc. oc, and she is Jessica's inner demon, of course. :P

Thanks for the watch btw! :)
Very interesting. I like Slither. His ability is similar to my OC Basilisque's, who can extend her tail to constrict her enemies.

And you're welcome. =D
:D

:)
Add a Comment: