Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 74

Any He-Man, She-Ra, ThunderCats, or ReBoot fans out there?

:iconmiharuwatanabe:
MiharuWatanabe Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Great shows from the 80s and 90s, though they don't seem to have a very big fanbase on DA (aside from the new ThunderCats series). So I'm just looking for someone I can talk to about them.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkid-tarakona:
Kid-Tarakona Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
I remember watching ReBoot all the time when I was kid, but they cancelled it halfway through the third season because some parents complained it was too violent (and even ITV, who showed it at the time, thought the same).

I've never been a He-Man fan, but I do enjoy Thundercats. A friend of mine introduced me to the original series, but I had a bit of a hard time trying to get into it (their eyes used to creep me out). However, I did enjoy the 2011 reboot. The animation style was gorgeous and I felt it worked well, but the way things ended in the first season was what killed it for me.
MiharuWatanabe Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, I stopped watching before the 3rd season... not sure why, I guess I just wasn't seeing it on anymore.

Well, if you liked the 2011 version of ThunderCats, you might enjoy the 2002 remake of He-Man (unless, that's the one you were never a fan of).
:iconclaycowboys:
ClayCowboys Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional Writer
Dude...there's this kids station, Qubo, that has a special 'Night Owl' block from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. and they air He-Man, She-Ra, Bravestarr, Filmation's Ghostbusters, and newer shows like Class of the Titans and Being Ian. :D
MiharuWatanabe Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, I heard people talk about it. Unfortunately, I don't get that channel.
:icontenshi3d:
Tenshi3D Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
All of the above for me. I kinda grew up on those shows.
:iconjzlobo:
JZLobo Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Absolutely loved Reboot.
MiharuWatanabe Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yay! Another fan!
:icondomnuwyrda:
DomnuWyrda Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The past me of the 90s loved the Thundercats. Can't remember much about it though. Wasn't there a time when the Panther guy and Snarf got brain-swapped? I need to rewatch that old cartoon.

:iconthundercatsplz: Thunder! Thunder! THUNDERCATS, HOOOOOOOO!
MiharuWatanabe Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think so. I honestly never got around to watching all the episodes in order. ^^;
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The original He-Man and Thundercats were 2 of my favorite shows when I was a kid (thank you Cartoon Network for broadcasting them). Now that you reminded me, I need to watch my DVDs of the shows again :D
Add a Comment: