Adventure Time is a deep and meaningful show

It took me a few episodes to realize it, but it's not just a dumb kids show. Having watched it quite a bit lately, I can see that it has a deep and moving emotional undercurrent as well as a twisted, tortured history to the land of Ooo. I have my own theory about what happened, and I'm interested in hearing what you guys think
Comments55
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I kinda wish it didn't try to have a plot, because as it is, it's kind of a lame and boring one. :hmm: Very few things can pull off serious plot and goofy dumb humour, and this definitely ain't one of those things.
That just happens to be your personal opinion
And my personal opinion happens to be the right one.
lol it's fun. I started liking it much more when I realized it's pretty much just D&D.

Officially, there was a nuclear war (the mushroom war, I think it's called) and everthing got mutated. They explained it in a special.

But when I started watching the show on and off the first few times, my interpretation was that Finns father had created that world for him to go through and 'beat' to become...a man or king or whatever. Not sure how I would up with that impression, whether I pulled it from the show at some point or just my own head.
I think you are referring to the dungeon that their "father" had created for them. He is actually Jake's dad, Fin is like an adopted brother.
I think it's just wonderful.
I love the adult hints in cartoons like that, too.
I've seen it....personally don't like it much :shrug:
I think Metalocalypse is better
Do you people talk about anything else besides cartoons?
Absolutely! I want to shank people with a rusty fork when they say it's meaningless.
It's meaningless.

come at me with all you have
I'd really like to come at you, bro, but BC is pretty far from where I am. Can we meet somewhere in the middle? Colorado maybe? I know some great restaurants in Denver metro. I'm sure we can make this work.
We shall meet midway.
Prepare to battle to the death
That's why AT is my fave show!
They actually have a good crazy twisted backstory to whaat happened and where they are. Usually kids shows are just random with no real purpose XD
Finally! Someone who believes me! =D
What's your theory about it?
Mine is that alot of the humans lived but they mutated into other creatures
Like choose goose or whatever
and maby the candy people were like candy and people in a nuclear accident XD
It started out as our world, and then the Litch led the forces of evil against all life on earth, and then Simon (the ice king) defeated him with his powers of ice and snow before the crown stole the last of his sanity. In the aftermath of the war, he found Marceline, who I think was created by the Lord of the Nightosphere because he was allied to the Litch, and took care of her. Overall, not many survived, fin is the only true human left. O.O
along with several other side stories =P
How do you think the candy people came to be?
View all replies