Closed to new replies
December 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

The Pokemon movies; were they that bad?

:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
I recently looked up Pokemon on Rotten Tomatoes and Yikes! The scores for the movies from critics weren't good at all.[link] I was a pokemon fan as a kid, and I remember finding the movies to be entertaining at least. But the real question is, what do YOU think of these films? For the Pokemaniacs out there; did the studio behind these films do a good job after all?
?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Writer
I find, number 12 now? I don't know the number we're trapped on these days, sure I'll watch them and have seen them all, as for rating I'm fine with 2.5 out of 5 stars. it's like nearly the same plot but just new pokemon tossed into the mess so they can call it a new movie. the first six or about that number were good, but after that they started to be dull to me.
:iconsomedaysakuhin:
SomedaySakuhin Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
They were definitely better when I was a kid. XD
Could be way worse in my opinion though.
Since I still love Pokemon quite a bit, I can stand watching them even now.
:iconmangagirl1603:
mangagirl1603 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I've seen the 1st one and the latest one, the first one was excellent in my opinion but the latest one was just too bad for words.
:iconkdaanimefan:
KdaAnimefan Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student Writer
I've only seen like one and didn't mind it
:iconwatchherfly:
WatchHerFly Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
I don't pay attention to Rotten Tomatoes or other critics or anyone really.
I've seen movies get poor ratings, though when I sat down and watched them I loved them! And visa versa.

ANYWAY. For me the first THREE were the greatest. After that I felt they were getting even cheesier and cheesier.
But nothing will ever beat the first one. Mewtwo's a total BAWS. :icondealwithitplz:
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I haven't seen any of the older ones except the first two through internet critics (the first by someone who never grew up with Pokemon and the second by those who did and actually grew up with Pokemon as kids.) They were cheesy and had some huge issues, but they were okay. After the third or fourth one (the one in which they deal with Celebi,) it became iffy. Mewtwo Returns wasn't that good, even as a kid. Then some of the things the movie showed made little sense such as high-tech equipment running on wind power but no backup in case the wind dies (which it turns out it was blocked) as well another movie being followed with everyone living like it was medieval times for no apparent reason.

I have seen the Victini movie and I meant to see the Keldeo one. For the Victini, it was okay with good parts being that Victini was an interesting Pokemon to watch, the animation was good, and the beginning was actually entertaining (especially with Victini stealing food from Ash.) It did have issues in that the version with Zekrom helping the antagonist, Ash's pack was not a truth but an ideal, so Ash should have made a pack with Zekrom instead (but yes, there is an alternative in which that happens. Thankfully, I don't think Nintendo is ever going to do this two version of the same movie thing again.) There is also an annoyance in which Ash is the hero that directly helps in saving the world. Again. And he will continue to do so. Again. I seriously hope that the next movie is one where they look at Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma and concentrate on either Jessie, James, and Meowth or else N. There is supposibly a two or three part episode where it does follow N, but I want a full movie.
:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I haven't seen one since I was like... 5 or 6?
:iconbagasuit091:
bagasuit091 Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I liked the first two (Mewtwo and Lugia), but I rember the third, with Entei, being kinda weird and confusing; but to be fair I haven't seen that particular one in a long time. I was a Pokemon kid growing up, so I'm biased, haha. I suppose non-fans wouldn't find any of them very entertaining. :shrug:
:iconcrimzonlogic:
CrimzonLogic Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student General Artist
I loved and watched the crap out of them when I was a kid, but recently I tried to watch the third movie (the one with Entei) for a little nostalgia, but it was..................................................Well, I couldn't even finish watching it. I hated it. And that was by far my favorite Pokemon movie when I was younger, so I don't think I'll watch the others.
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I still like to watch the old ones, but the new ones are just... dumb.

They pronounce "Arceus" like "Ar-key-us"!

And he sounds like an angsty teenager!
Add a Comment: