Closed to new replies
December 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 32

Reccomend me a Romance Anime

:iconcomicgoals:
ComicGoals Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I'm looking for an anime with romance in it. It can have action, ecchi, mecha, whatever in it too but I'd prefer it to focus more on the relationship. Like usually it's the whole love triangle complicated stuff but I want to focus more on AFTER the guy gets the girl, then what?

I'm also very picky with my art style, hate bishi but totally love shounen style ('cept it lacks romance) any proportions win it for me! And it would be way convenient if you could link me to free video

If you can't think of any, ignore all of the above and link me a goddamn anime, I'm dying here!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkittyskittles:
Kittyskittles Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012
fruit basket :D it kinda romance [link] tho it not about after the guy gets the girl x.x
:icondfx4509b:
DFX4509B Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Eureka 7.
:iconshintai88:
Shintai88 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Clannad, Kanon, Air, 5Cm Per Second.
:iconshintai88:
Shintai88 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Clannad After story. has the whole. What happens after.
:iconotakumaniac92:
OtakuManiac92 Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'd recommend Junjou Romantica and SekaiIchi Hatsukoi if you're not against any yaoi.
:iconcra-zshaker:
Cra-ZShaker Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Professional Filmographer
If you like romantic comedies I reccomend Ouran High School Host Club. Love it!
:iconhenshin-ikeda:
Henshin-Ikeda Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Their are so many amazing romance anime series out their, but I can name a few off the top of my head.

Short list of romance anime series:

- Clannad
- Ai Yori Aoshi
- My Bride is a Mermaid
- Please Teacher
- Ah! My Goddess
- The Familiar of Zero
- Love Hina
- Shuffle!
- H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~
-

(school days is less romance and more like a tragic drama with its crazy ending)
:iconganesh893:
ganesh893 Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
check out Suzuka ! its really different that what you usually find out there !
[link]
this has a lot of focus on the RELATIONSHIP part :) and another one is myself:yourself
a really interesting one ! lots of tragedy , but still has its own amazing parts :)

[link]

here you go :)
:icona-cha4649:
A-CHA4649 Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student General Artist
Lovely Complex was one of my favorites... I don't exactly remember if it shows much after they get together... but, it's worth a shot.
:iconaret:
Aret Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Oh, and nobody can link you to free videos without getting banned. Asking for it may get this thread locked. DA has a pretty strict rule about theft.
ComicGoals Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Student Digital Artist
If so DA should lock the forum, no need to ban the linker when I asked for links. But I'm pretty sure it's ok, I get all my anime links from DA ^^
:iconducatrevel:
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Student Writer
Even if the link is legal? Let's say from FUNimation's YouTube channel?
Aret Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
No, if its not theft its fine.
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Student Writer
Good to know. Thanks!
Aret Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Kare Kano, better known as His and Her Circumstances. A good chunk of it takes place after they start dating, although the ending is somewhat infamous. If you just kinda... skip the last episode, it's really worth watching. Completely and utterly adorable.

There's also Midori no Hibi, which is also completely adorable and fun to watch, though there is some nudity. No sex or anything perverted, just uncensored scenes of girls bathing once or twice.

Pretear is also good if you don't mind magical girls and that it's pretty short. It's one of the better magical girl shows around though and the relationships are all touching and sincere.

And yeah, Clannad. Seriously.
:iconwhatitmeanstobehuman:
WhatItMeansToBeHuman Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Definitely Special A Class, it's hilarious and romantic.
Skip Beat is pretty good fun too, but it stopped after a few episodes (not too abruptly, but still...)
Ouran High School Host Club is mainly a comedy, less romance but cute.
Romeo & Juliet is adorable. Itazura na Kiss too (besides, there are a lot of episodes ^^)
Kimi ni Todoke, the art is good and the beginning is real cute, but it's reaaaal slow...
If you want a bit more action coupled with romance, I'd recommend Black Blood Brothers, it's fun, taking, and the love story gets to you quite easily :)

I think that's all...
:iconhiyoi:
hiyoi Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
Never watched it, but I think Kimi ni Todoke has story that continues after the girl gets the guy. Might be worth checking out.
:iconworkoutprogress:
workoutprogress Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012   Photographer
Those Who Hunt Elves.
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
SALAMANDER!!!! :V
I'm kidding. That shit was trash regardless of it being Gradius.

Wasn't Combat Butler somewhat romance? Pretty funny from what I remember mostly.
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Writer
HONEY & CLOVER!
:iconprofessor-irony:
Professor-Irony Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
If you're determined to see something that continues after the couple get together, Clannad: After Story is probably your best bet, but I didn't like it that much. Personally, I'd suggest going for Lovely Complex or maybe even Natsuyuki Rendezvous. Video Girl Ai might be worth a shot if you really want something based on a shonen manga.
:iconlivelovelifeeleni:
LivelovelifeEleni Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
itazura na kiss, la corda doro, PARADISE KISS <3 PEACH GIRL. HANA YORI DANGO -50 eps though <3 my faves HAPPY WATCHING
:iconryonma:
Ryonma Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist
Toradora. Best love story ever. :)

Also, Clannad and the After Story. Definite must-watch.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
To-Love Ru. :iconteheplz:
ComicGoals Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Digital Artist
He never gets the girl!
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
I know. :lol:
:iconengelsblau:
Engelsblau Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
School days, maybe?
:iconequine-whisperer:
equine-whisperer Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student General Artist
Oh gosh, I remember that. I wouldn't watch that again even if someone asked me to. Such a morbid ending. Since I like happy endings, I didn't really like that one. Plus, the character death ticked me off.
:iconengelsblau:
Engelsblau Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
I thought it was funny. :lol:
But I have a dark sense of humour, anyway.
:iconequine-whisperer:
equine-whisperer Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Student General Artist
Ohhhhh, usually I can appreciate dark humor, but it just seemed out of place in a shojo. especially in a school setting.
i guess, for me, it kind of defeated the purpose of watching shojo because, given shojo's reputation for happy sappy endings, I tend to watch shojos BECAUSE there's that certainty that everything will just work out in the end. Like, that's usually my reasoning for picking a shojo--when i just want to watch something optimistic. Otherwise, I wouldn't touch it; in fact, i normally can't stand the genre.
:iconlovely-words:
Lovely-Words Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Clannad and Clannad: The After Story. Oh god that anime.
:iconbadgercheese1994:
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student General Artist
Love Hina, which I got a sudden itching to see..
Add a Comment: