Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 76

What did you watch when you were younger?

:iconheather-may:
heather-may Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've always found this is a really fun topic to discuss, because it always brings back memories of childhood and when it's a big discussion you end up remembering shows because someone else used to watch it (:

So a few shows I used to enjoy when I was younger were The Wombles, Noddy(very young), Jonny Bravo, The Powerpuff Girls. That's all I can think of at the moment. (:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstxl87:
Stxl87 Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
i remember liking the cartoon Voltron when i was younger.
:iconlivelovelifeeleni:
LivelovelifeEleni Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
OH MY GOSH MY CHILDHOOD

SMART GUY, LIZZIE MCGUIRE,BOY MEETS WORLD, SINBAD, PINKY AND THE BRAIN, DETENTION, STICK AROUND, LITTLE BILL, BLUES CLUES, THATS SO RAVEN, ALL THAT, THE AMANDA SHOW, BROTHERLY LOVE, POWERPUFF GIRLS, JOHNNY BRAVO, ZABOOMAFOO, RUGRATS, POWERRANGERS
:iconlivelovelifeeleni:
LivelovelifeEleni Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
AND LOTS OF DISNEY
AND KIM POSSIBLE <3 CLIFFORD ZOMMGG ARTHUR
:iconoverteccentricity:
overteccentricity Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
In terms of TV? (at different stages of childhood -->) Teletubbies, Tweenies, Fireman Sam, Balamory, Rugrats, Arthur, Tracey Beaker, My Parents Are Aliens, The Simpsons, Stupid, Rotten Ralph, Brum, Postman Pat, Clifford the Big Red Dog, etc. :D
:iconplasmablastoff:
plasmablastoff Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Reading rainbow, dragon tails, high 5, the paz show, peep and the big wide world, the magic school bus, toddworld, animal jam, sagwa the siemese cat, anne of green gables. those are the ones I remember at least
:iconguerrillacartoonz:
GUERRILLAcartoonz Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I always used to watch Little Bear, Franklin, Blues Clues (I'm creeped out by it now, though), Busy Town, Timothy Goes to School, The Magic School Bus, Gullah Gullah Island.
The non-educational shows that I liked as a kid were Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd and Eddy, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, Hey Arnold!, AHHH! Real Monsters, Rugrats, The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, the old Tom and Jerry, and the old Looney Toons that aired on Boomerang.
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Student General Artist
I'll never forget the anime version of Transformers that would come on during the afternoon. Namely because it was my first real encounter with Transformers, so I thought Optimus Prime was a fire engine at first.
:iconthenaughticallife:
TheNAUGHTicalLife Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Professional Writer
Kids in the Hall, Strangers with Candy, Upright Citizen's Brigade, and Nickelodeon.
:iconsticks84:
sticks84 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I am not alone!
:iconthenaughticallife:
TheNAUGHTicalLife Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Professional Writer
We will always be friends!
:iconsticks84:
sticks84 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Sounds like a plan!
:icondfx4509b:
DFX4509B Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
*PB&J.
Digimon.
*Pokémon.
Rugrats.
Stanley.
Zaboomafu.
Zoom.
Power Rangers.

*Started re-watching PB&J a little bit and have been a re-booted Pokémon fan for a couple years now.
:iconmandrakara:
MandraKara Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012
If I sat here and listed everything I watched when I was little it would look a little ridiculous. XD

My favourite shows when I was little were Sailor Moon, Card Captors, Pokemon, Rocket Power, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, All That, The Powerpuff Girls, Dragonball/Dragonball Z, and Yugioh.
:iconshintai88:
Shintai88 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Biker Mice
Ninja Turtles
Transformers
Teletubies
:iconyoshimickster:
yoshimickster Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
I was raised during the freakin' animation renaisance so all kinds! Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Digimon(first and third were best), Pokemon, ALL Cartoon Cartoons, Spongebob, Pelswick, Rugrats, Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, All That, Kenan and Kell, Invader Zim, Kim Possible, Beast Wars, and many many more shows. NINETEENNINETIES BITCH!
:iconrainbow-moose:
Rainbow-Moose Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Student General Artist
When I was little I watched Blue's Clues and Dragon Tales, the Reading Rainbow (Loved the lions on that) and Powerpuff Girls.
As for movies... I watched the first Pokemon movie a loooot and Star Wars; Phantom Menace everyday after school.
:iconblackinfinity666:
BlackInfinity666 Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I watched a lot of horror movies/shows when I was a kid. I.e American Gothic, Are you afraid of the dark?,Goosebumps.
heather-may Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
OH YEAH I remember goosebumps! O: That show used to really scare me ):
:iconblackinfinity666:
BlackInfinity666 Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
lol
:icondesertcon:
DesertCon Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Biker mice from mars!:D
O.o never heard of that one aha
:iconcaitybee:
Caitybee Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
When I was younger I use to watch Powerpuff Girls, Johny Bravo (teletoon ftw), Pokemon, Digimon (no idea what happened to that show), Scooby Doo, and a few other shows I can't remember now. =P
Ahaha I used to love digimon as well ):
:iconcalvero:
Calvero Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student
A lot of stupid shows chosen by my siblings AKA The usual stuff that comes up when people talk about how much they love the '90s.

When I actually had control over what I watched my choices weren't any better though. Darkwing Duck is the only show That I haven't attached cynicism to. I don't get nostalgia from shows that I actually watched. I get it from shows that I wish I had watched as a child.
:iconakumaru13:
Akumaru13 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Movies:
Star Wars
Lion King
Rescuers Down Under

TV Shows:
Digimon (Seasons 1-4)
Zoids
Yu-Gi-Oh
heather-may Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The lion king will ALWAYS be my favourite film of all time :D I went to see it when they released it in 3D and still cried my eyes out when mufasa died D':
Same here, and The Thing is my favorite horror movie of all time.
I've never seen that, you're talking about the original right? I know they did a remake of it that I want to watch, but people didn't really say if it was any good. Its harder to download older films ):
The 2011 is not a remake, it's the prequel to the 1985 movie.
Oooh really? I didn't know that,I just assumed it was a remake because that's what everyone was saying. Is it any good do you know?
I've never seen the prequel, but I think it'll be better than most modern horror movies.
:iconkakashi95fan:
Kakashi95fan Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh, I forgot Scooby Doo and The Land Before Time in my comment before!!!

(Petrie is still my favorite from "Land before time") ;););)
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Man that show was boss. It's like Bugs Bunny taught Sonic how to troll. Not passing off all his secrets, Sonic still doesn't know how to cut states loose, but he was decent enough.
Ahhh I remember that I watched sonic, but I just cant actually remember it D:
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
There were 3 cartoons in the 90's so it's understandable.
The one I watched was the silly goofy more Looney Toonish Sonic.

I just started watching the more serious plot driven show with the "sinister" Robotnik. It's based on the comics.

There was another that was also serious, but it was a sing along sort of thing.
The 4th...we don't speak of it. It's filed under X.
A few shows I watched are:

Pokémon ( Still watch it though. ) ;)
Digimon
Yu-Gi-Oh
Donald Duck
Moomin ( Still watch it though. ) ;)
Phineas and Ferb ( Still watch it though. ) ;)
Midsomer Murders ( Haha, don't even know why I was allowed to watch this show when I was so young! ) :XD:
Criminal Minds ( Ehm... The same thing there... No idea why I was allowed to watch this show. ) :XD:
Midsummer murders!? Ahahah. I remember catching a glipse of that when my mum was watching it and being really spooked out by the theme tune o.O
Kakashi95fan Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Haha, and I was 6-7 first time I watched a whole episode. :XD:
:iconmidnight-murder:
Midnight-Murder Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
I love these!

Uhh Reboot, Bump in the Night, Aah! Real Monsters, Rugrats, PPG, pokemon, digimon, south park, simpsons, rocko's modern life, and everything on the Discovery Channel (CROCODILE HUNTER ESPECIALLY) the list could go on!
I used to watch south park when i was younger too!! I probably shouldn't have because it made me swear, which my parents did not approve of ahahahah.
:iconcrimzonlogic:
CrimzonLogic Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student General Artist
When I was little, I watched Animaniacs, Histeria, Mighty Morphing Power Rangers, the Magic School Bus, the Aladdin animated series, 101 Dalmatians animated series, Pokemon, and Digimon. I'm sure there are loads more that I can't remember at the moment.
Ahaaaa I had the magic school bus game on pc xD I don't remember watching it though D:
Yeah pokemon and digimon were awesome! Well, I enjoyed the first series of them [x I always thought agumon was badasssss :D
Who was your favorite-human from Digimon? :D
Who was your favorite-Digimon? :D:D:D

Mine are Joe/Jou Kido with Ikkakumon!
I guess I like Gomamon too though~
CrimzonLogic Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student General Artist
I haven't watched the cartoon in about a decade, so I really don't remember the characters. Though I did really like the little cat digimon, Gatomon. She's the most memorable thing about the show for me.
Kakashi95fan Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
;););) Maybe it's time for a re-watch of Digimon season 1 & 2 soon then? ;););)
CrimzonLogic Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student General Artist
Nah. Maybe I'd watch an episode or two for nostalgia, but I don't want to watch all of those episodes. I'm sure I won't enjoy them as much as I did when I was 11. I'd rather watch other stuff. Like The Hobbit tomorrow! :iconyeahplz:
Kakashi95fan Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Watch episode 11, 36, 37 & 38.
And the last two episodes or something.
Those are the MUST SEE-episodes. ;);)

I want to see The Hobbit too! :D
Will probably do it too on Sunday. ;):D
:iconejjones:
EJJones Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
Robotech!
:iconcederbom:
Cederbom Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
Watched "the Raggy Dolls" when I was little. [link] The Swedish version had more than just the narrator do the voices though. :P It got quite the cult following here.

Also watched Animal Treasure Island over and over on VHS. [link] Ordered the DVD (swedish dub included for maximum nostalgia) last week and maybe even hope to get it before christmas. :meow: This holiday is gonna be so retro!
Yeah I watched that youtube video and got kinda freaked out at the voices ahah. I can't say I know any of those shows, but if one was done by miyazaki then I'm going to assume that it must've been good when you were younger :D And that's awesome that you've ordered it to watch it again :D I did that with noddy last year hahah. I felt really strange and all the memories came flooding back (:
Add a Comment: