December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 76

ANIME Fave and why

:iconsoulheilo:
SoulHeilo Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student Photographer
What is your fave anime and why?
As well who would you cosplay as if you had the chance.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmagmal0rd:
magmal0rd Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The Big O, because of the characters who are very unique and all essential to the plot and story and developing it in some way. The story is phenominal with mysterious atmosphere. The sound track is pleasing to the ears using classical music and amazing trumpets. Lastly the art style is very unique, taking an art style from Batman: The Animated Series and combining it with anime creates a very simple but also complex artstyle. The mechs are very nice and as well looking similar to the classic designed mechs such as Tetsujin 28. The style is very gothic but without being to edgy or angsty with some noir thrown in. The only complaint is that the ending is very confusing. If it wasn't for the ending the series would be perfect.
:iconsitrusmehu:
Sitrusmehu Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
One Piece. It's funny, it has awesome characters, the story and idea are so original and character's have cool powers. It also has sad moments, I've cried so much watching OP :'(

And, One Piece teaches us how important thing friends are. I also like that it's not the traditional black and white Good vs Bad anime.
OP is awesome. I love it.

Other good animes that I like are Fullmetal Alchemist, Axis Powers Hetalia, Soul Eater and Ginga Nagareboshi Gin.
:iconcandydechocolate:
CandyDeChocolate Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Death Note and Mirai Nikki because I love how we, as audience have to be paying really close attention to the anime in order to understand what's going on. I love how the author is able to make the characters do such unexpected things that well, if it was me, I wouldnt have been able to think of such things! The animes are so mysterious, the way the characters "Think" is amazing! I really like those two animes!
:iconfangirl-of-cuteness:
Fangirl-of-Cuteness Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
My favorite anime is Kuroshitsuji. It has a consistent plot, and well developed characters. If I could cosplay as anyone, I would cosplay as Alois Trancy. :iconaloistrancyplz:
:iconmaayabird:
maayabird Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student
Hetalia! <3 I just love the cast and the seiyuus in this show. It's really awesome, and the fanbase has a lot of great stuff too! :)
:icontokkitogepi:
Tokkitogepi Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Gahhh that's hard, but something like Elfen Lied or Monster. ;A; Though, I'm currently still watching Monster with my sister. EPIC ANTAGONIST and the story is so dkgjadlfkj sad and intense.

I'd probably cosplay a video game character rather than an anime character atm, probably Yuna or some other FF character
:iconducatrevel:
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Student Writer
Johan!!!!!!!
YES!
He is such an awesome villain. I also like Tenma and Lunge.
He's the perfect combination of insane and I don't even know what. Omigosh yeah *_*
EPIC STUFF.
YES.
:iconfluffy-maple-vodka:
fluffy-maple-vodka Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
K Project, Kamisama Hajimemashita, Hetalia, Sailor Moon, and some of CLAMPS works (Cardcaptor Sakura, Tsubasa, Kobato, etc.)

K Project - the music, graphics, characters are really awesome! the animation's nice too! and it has a nice plot, you'll be surprised and confused alot xD

Kamisama Hajimemashita - cute romantic comedy with a mix of Japanese culture :D

Hetalia - funny and simply amazing xD

Sailor Moon - my very first anime I've watched, and I look forward to Hetalia Fantasia this coming January 2013!

(CLAMPS Works) - because the art style is awesome! and they have nice plots too, especially Tsubasa Chronicles :D
:iconallasca:
allasca Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
Steins;Gate. Because its amazing :P
:iconkillianseraphim:
KillianSeraphim Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Student General Artist
Probably Ghost in the Shell SAC for, well, everything.

Not sure who I would cosplay as if I wanted to. Probably a random shinigami from Bleach. There aren't too many anime characters out there with my body type, that I've seen anyway.
:iconshaymincutie:
shaymincutie Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Not much of an anime enthusiast...but Avatar TLA is awesome!!! :) and the Legend of Korra I am watching now. Not as good, but still a great follow-up.
:iconxxavanixx:
xxavanixx Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
my favorite anime is naruto and i like to cosply : ino yamanaka

my second anime is vampire knight and i like to cosply : yuki cross

my third anime is wolf's rain and i like to cosplay : chezza

wolf's rain is the oldest and the newest is naruto
:iconzoltor:
Zoltor Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
Inuyasha+Inuyasha the Final Act

The Twelve Kingdoms

Hero Tales

Ranma 1/2

Moribito Guardian of the Spirit

Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight

Origin Spirits of the Past

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Spirited Away

Laputa Castle in the Sky
:iconriseofgreenbean:
RiseofGreenBean Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Ugh... it's hard to choose. It's a close tie between Durarara and No. 6, but I say No. 6 because even though it's only 11 episodes and it felt a bit rushed, I loved the overall plot and development of the story, characters, and relationships between the characters.
And the ending moved me to tears.
:iconshushubag:
shushubag Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Macross Frontier- it's in Japanese but English dubbed- if you like big robots or a Macross fan. Samurai Champloo, Rurouni Kenshin!
:iconhilmu:
Hilmu Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
I hardly watch any animes (actually, I don't watch them at all) but NANA is my number one favourite. So funny, sad, romantic, dramatic and touching. I have all episodes in good quality with english subtitles. Planetes is also good.
:iconclockwisedream:
ClockwiseDream Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Out of the ones that I watched recently, it would be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I still can't get my mind off it, because of the story and characters, and well mostly because of that ending, which made me tear up-and I never cry.
:iconganesh893:
ganesh893 Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
Full metal alchemist !!! the greatest anime i have watched and probably the best story i would ever come across !!!! just the thought of going through what the characters have gone through in the anime will send shivers down your spine !!! epic anime ! great characters ! greatest story ! :D
SoulHeilo Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Student Photographer
the first one or brotherhood because I still have to watch brotherhood because I watched the first one they made. I still love it, maes hughes dying made me cry and when nina and her dog theres just too much sadness in this anime but I just love the story.
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Student Writer
Which FMA? Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) or Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?
FMA (2003)
tried watching FMA brotherhood .... but i lost interest in the episode where they beat the prophet :(
after watching the first one brohood just did not deliver the same emotions i got in FMA :( and just too much slapstick comedy for a tragic anime in Brotherhood .....anyways ,thats my take
I fall in an awkward spot whenever I talk about these certain anime. I loved both adaptations. I thought FMA (2003) definitely had more grit and depth to it. It showed the darkness and obsession in the Elric brothers better. It also had stronger themes, like family and loss. It also did the amazing feat of evolving from a shounen to a more mature series.

That being said, I would swear on each of my bones that FMA Brotherhood is better. The story is wonderfully plotted. It sets up plot twists so well that it comes off as plot-hole-less (which it is). It is no longer as character dependent as 2003, yet it manages to develop more characters. It doesn't throw characters away. It hits a perfect balance between consistency and development. And it has a bigger animation budget.

I don't get what you mean about slapstick though. I didn't get much slapstick from FMA Brotherhood as I did with 2003. FMA Brotherhood didn't have the luxury to play with gags (since it was so focused on the story) while FMA (2003) got to play around with some wonderfully funny filler episodes. If anything, I found 2003 weird for having such zany antics while being the more tragic adaptation.
oh !!! Guess i have to give brotherhood a second look ! i read online a lot that brohood was better in terms of animation and story , but like i said , after the depth went missing, i had no interest to continue watching it :(
Just give it another shot. I'm not telling you to like Brotherhood more (a majority of people I know prefer the original, and I understand where they'e coming from) but just give a great anime a fair chance. XD
ganesh893 Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
yeah i will :)
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Student Writer
Awesome.
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
Redline. That anime had fucking amazing animation, crazy yet brilliant characters and one of the best anime soundtracks since Cowboy Bebop or MD Geist.
:icontidal-wave-art:
Tidal-Wave-Art Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't watch a lot of anime, but if I had to choose my favorite would have to be Hetalia. It's not covered in excessive boobs and violence- which I like. And while it doesn't really have much of a story line to it it's lighthearted and cute, which I find kind of refreshing to watch from my experience with this genre.
SoulHeilo Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Photographer
My best friend loves that anime and she says its brilliant, she also really likes this AMV [link]
:iconmerlok1:
Merlok1 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Princess Mononoke :la:
I love that anime I can watch it forever
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Trigun. It didn't bullshit. Had good character growth. Didn't rely on DESU KAWAII!!!!1 garbage like most anime and all characters were given some space to truly develop in a meaningful way. Even Vash had to do what he always tried to avoid.

Would I ever cosplay?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
no
I remember watching the movie and I loved it is the anime just as good?
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Probably better. I don't know. I never saw the movie. The anime is brilliant.
:iconkittymrowmrow:
KittyMrowMrow Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Sailor Moon and Azumanga Daioh.
I haven't watched sailor moon but I did watch mermaid melody and prince of tennis when I was younger. I haven't watched Azumanga Daioh either
XoPachi Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
The second one, I agree with.
:iconmikez83:
MikeZ83 Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I recently added Mobile Suit Gundam AGE to my favorites.

My first impression was that someone had created some abomination by crossing Gundam with Pokemon, but after finishing the show anyway I've come to the conclusion that it's one of the best additions to the newer half of the franchise (basically, the productions since Gundam Wing).

Then again, I've always had a soft spot for mecha shows and still count NGE as one of my all-time favorites (especially the last two episodes).
I was never really in to the gundam animes because there was just too many but I do watch full metal panic
:iconmikez83:
MikeZ83 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
FMP? Another great mecha show!!!

Too bad it takes them freaking forever to finally produce more sequels.
:iconremagbmudhet:
remaGbmuDheT Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student General Artist
AnoHana, CLANNAD, Toradora!, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Angel Beats!, Cowboy Bebop, Nichijou, Death Note, K-ON!, Myself;Yourself, The World God Only Knows... Those. I really like them.

As for the cosplaying, I can go with Spike from Cowboy Bebop or Tetsuo from Akira.
What is AnoHana about?
My friend watched they enjoyed CLANNAD but was not something I normally watched. I want to watch Toradora and I'm in the middle of watching The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I love cowboy bebop in the middle of watching that too. Angel beats is on the list. Loved Death note and k-on, y fave character being L even though my friends think I'm weird liking the guy and K-On is just so cute. Don't know Nichijou myself:yourself or The world only god knows.
I love how your anime list has such a variety to it.
:iconremagbmudhet:
remaGbmuDheT Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Student General Artist
Ghost of a friend wanting to fulfill a promise she made before she died.
CLANNAD can be really sad.
Toradora! Is a really good romantic/comedy.
Haruhi is the biggest fandom I have for an Anime.
Cowboy Bebop is something I'm currently watching, but really like.
Angel Beats is something you need to take REALLY close attention to.
Death Note, team L.
K-ON! is a funny slice of life story.
Nichijou is like K-ON! except a lot more random.
Myself;Yourself is a pretty not well known Anime that's like CLANNAD, but more melodramatic.
The World God Only Knows parodies every single romance cliche you know

I really like to watch different kinds.
SoulHeilo Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Student Photographer
Sometimes I just can't remember all the different anime and manga I have looked at hopefully I can re-watch or get back to them, at the moment I can't do much because of college so hopefully you get the time to finish all the anime so you don't leave in the middle of the story line.
:iconcurly-qs:
Curly-Qs Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Ouran Host Club! Because it's HILARIOUS. <3 And I'm in love with EVERY.CHARACTER. Especially Mori (I hope I got his name right).
Add a Comment: