Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit

What's your favorite Lord of the Rings moment?
Favorite character? Why?
What are you most looking forward to seeing in the Hobbit?

I really want to know!

1. One of my favorite moment is in the extended version where Sam and Frodo see the elves passing through to the Grey Havens, and Sam says "I don't know why, but it makes me sad."

My second is when they've just left Osgiliath after Faramir let them go, and Sam starts talking about how they're going to be in great stories!

2. My favorite character is, guess who? Sam! He's the unsung hero of the story, the one who really supports Frodo till the end, no matter what crap Frodo handed him while under the twisted influence of the ring and Gollums manipulative ways.

3. I want to see the three trolls! That was one of my favorite moments in the book, and I thought it was hilarious since I was a kid how they could argue so dumbly like they did.

How about yours? LOTR fans speak!
Comments46
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
1. In the movies, one of my favorite scenes is in ROTK, when the beacons of Gondor are lit and you see these amazing snowy mountains and those tiny little bonfires. For me, this scene captures a lot of what I love about LOTR- the landscape, the scale of the impeding doom. I get chills when I watch it. I also really like the scenes with the hobbits in the Shire or just having some fun.

2. When I was younger, I had a major crush on Legolas. Now, I'd have to say that my favorite character is Gandalf. I can't wait to see him as Gandalf the Grey again, in the Hobbit.

3. I really want to see Martin Freeman as Bilbo- I'm excited to see what he's like.
1. I love hobbit downtime and have probably watched the Hobbit bar songs most of all. I believe one was in the original cut and the other an extended scene.

2. Ffff this I really don't know. In the entire universe I love Thranduil most though, oddly enough.

3. Thranduil, duh.

I saw the troll stone statues they used in San Diego. They're pretty incredible.
i have a few favorite moments from The Lord of The Rings. When Pippin lights the beacons, when Arwen does her spell to get rid of the Nazgul, and when Aragon, Legolas and Gimli go to recruit the army in the mountain area (i forget who they were called). also, when Legolas defeats the giant elephant and Gimli says "That still only counts as one!" Lol.

My favorite character is...well idk lol. All the characters play an important role in the books and films, so i dont really have a fav.

but I can't wait to see the Hobbit! I'm interested in how this is going to go. i hope that it kind of sticks to the book, and doesn't leave out important stuff.
I can't really read any of the replies or even the original post. (spoilers)
I love Lord of the Rings / Hobbit however I've never seen any of the movies, and I'm only about 2/3 of the way through the Fellowship of the Ring (Book 2)
It's amazing how I am so obsessed with it currently even though I don't know the Lord of the Rings in it's entirety. I have to be careful though when searching LOTR so I don't come across any spoilers ^^
The Hobbit though might just be the best book I've ever read. (I haven't read a great deal of books to be honest.)

Actually one of my favourite moments in The Hobbit book was the introduction of Hobbits and Bilbo Baggins. The way Tolkien opened the story, his heart-warming description of hobbits and insight into Bilbo's nature made me fall in love with Hobbits instantly. I think Tolkien might have been born on some magical planet or something. To think up an entire world, it's history, legends, stories, races just for a series of books astounds me..
Sorry I am going on a bit. I have so much love for it :)
No need to be sorry! When you're done with the trilogy, look into the Simarillion and the other books concerning Middle Earth that Tolkien has written. You won't be disappointed!
Oh yes, I was definitely planning on doing that :)

Oh, that's a hard one!
From the movies though I think it is from when the battle starts over the "Helm's deep."
(I don't know what it is in English, but in Swedish it's called Helms klyfta.)

[link]
Gimli: What's happening out there!?
Legolas:
Should I describe it to you?
Or would you like me to find you a box?

Haha, I :heart: those two together! :D:D:D

I'll have to say Legolas and Gimli.
They're just so funny together at the same time as they actually share some kind of friendship with each other. :XD::D

To be honest? I've no freaking idea.
But maybe to actually get to see all the adventures Bilbo ended up in. :)
I love Gimli and Legolas together! They're an unbeatable team! Have you seen the extended versions of the movies?
Their bicker with each other is great too. :D I :heart: those two together!
_____:::_____:::_____:::_____:::_____:::______
Yes, I have them on DVD at home. ;)
I have actually only seen the extended version of the movie. xD
It is actually called Helm's Deep, so you were right on the money! :D
1). Aragorn fighting the Nazgul on weathertop. Throwing a torch in the witchking's face. Badass.
2). Probably Aragorn, one of the Hobbits (any of them), Gandalf. All good.
3). Scene where Gandalf turns the trolls to stone as they argue over how to cook the dwarves. One of the scenes I remember from the book.
I love the trolls, and am looking forward to seeing them in the movie too!
I'm going to watch the version which doesn't look like a low budget BBC soap opera which requires you to wear overpriced glasses. Even if I have to wait until it's on home release.
Not at all biased are we? :D

I do agree that the prices for the glasses are stupid, though...

The movie should be available in the regular, non-3D version, running at 24fps. I know it is, in Denmark.
Not really considering I've seen enough soaps in 50 frames to know it looks bland and too smooth to look appealing enough that I'd miss 24frame films if they disappeared.
Oh don't worry. They're not going away anytime soon. ;)
Thank goodness
1. My favorite moment in all of the movies (with the books it's a whole different story) is Aragorn turning to Gandalf and almost whispering "For Frodo.", right before charging into the armies of the Black Gate.

2. My favorite characters vary A LOT but overall I'd probably have to say Gandalf, Beorn, Theoden, Eowyn and (of course) Bilbo

3. I love to see my favorite chapter, the very first one, with the dwarves "taking over" Bag End. And of course Smaug, but I don't think he'll be in this movie yet.
Smaug is in the second movie (I think?) but isn't there a third movie coming out as well?
Favorite character? Why?
What are you most looking forward to seeing in the Hobbit?

1. The way Gollum was animated. That CGI was incredible.

2. Book-wise: Eowyn and Gimli. Movie though, I was impressed with Sam.

3. Hoping that the book is treated better than the LotR trilogy.:iconsnobplz:
I think that with Peter Jackson directing, that he treated the books much more fairly than the 70's Ralph Bakshi animated series. But we all have our own opinions!
I never really cared for Ralph Bakshi's versions either.:hmm:
1) (in the movies) any scene with Legolas in it ... mmmmm .....
Really though, nothing beats the battle scene in two towers, it still gives me chills watching it (and reading it!)

2) Golem/Smeagle, not in a loveable way obviously but because his character is the one i find most interesting.

3) I cant wait for the hobbit, i had to re-buy the book because i wore out the first one!! So im sooooo excited for the movie, im just hoping it lives up to my expectations! I really am looking forward to the first meeting between Bilbo and Golem - the riddles they ask each other and bilbo's escape! ok, im going to stop rambling now ....