1. In the movies, one of my favorite scenes is in ROTK, when the beacons of Gondor are lit and you see these amazing snowy mountains and those tiny little bonfires. For me, this scene captures a lot of what I love about LOTR- the landscape, the scale of the impeding doom. I get chills when I watch it. I also really like the scenes with the hobbits in the Shire or just having some fun.
2. When I was younger, I had a major crush on Legolas. Now, I'd have to say that my favorite character is Gandalf. I can't wait to see him as Gandalf the Grey again, in the Hobbit.
3. I really want to see Martin Freeman as Bilbo- I'm excited to see what he's like.
i have a few favorite moments from The Lord of The Rings. When Pippin lights the beacons, when Arwen does her spell to get rid of the Nazgul, and when Aragon, Legolas and Gimli go to recruit the army in the mountain area (i forget who they were called). also, when Legolas defeats the giant elephant and Gimli says "That still only counts as one!" Lol.
My favorite character is...well idk lol. All the characters play an important role in the books and films, so i dont really have a fav.
but I can't wait to see the Hobbit! I'm interested in how this is going to go. i hope that it kind of sticks to the book, and doesn't leave out important stuff.
I can't really read any of the replies or even the original post. (spoilers) I love Lord of the Rings / Hobbit however I've never seen any of the movies, and I'm only about 2/3 of the way through the Fellowship of the Ring (Book 2) It's amazing how I am so obsessed with it currently even though I don't know the Lord of the Rings in it's entirety. I have to be careful though when searching LOTR so I don't come across any spoilers ^^ The Hobbit though might just be the best book I've ever read. (I haven't read a great deal of books to be honest.)
Actually one of my favourite moments in The Hobbit book was the introduction of Hobbits and Bilbo Baggins. The way Tolkien opened the story, his heart-warming description of hobbits and insight into Bilbo's nature made me fall in love with Hobbits instantly. I think Tolkien might have been born on some magical planet or something. To think up an entire world, it's history, legends, stories, races just for a series of books astounds me.. Sorry I am going on a bit. I have so much love for it
Oh, that's a hard one! From the movies though I think it is from when the battle starts over the "Helm's deep." (I don't know what it is in English, but in Swedish it's called Helms klyfta.)
[link] Gimli: What's happening out there!? Legolas: Should I describe it to you? Or would you like me to find you a box?
Haha, I those two together! ____________________________________ Favorite character? Why?
I'll have to say Legolas and Gimli. They're just so funny together at the same time as they actually share some kind of friendship with each other. ____________________________________ What are you most looking forward to seeing in the Hobbit?
To be honest? I've no freaking idea. But maybe to actually get to see all the adventures Bilbo ended up in.
Their bicker with each other is great too. I those two together! _____:::_____:::_____:::_____:::_____:::______ Yes, I have them on DVD at home. I have actually only seen the extended version of the movie. xD
1). Aragorn fighting the Nazgul on weathertop. Throwing a torch in the witchking's face. Badass. 2). Probably Aragorn, one of the Hobbits (any of them), Gandalf. All good. 3). Scene where Gandalf turns the trolls to stone as they argue over how to cook the dwarves. One of the scenes I remember from the book.
1. My favorite moment in all of the movies (with the books it's a whole different story) is Aragorn turning to Gandalf and almost whispering "For Frodo.", right before charging into the armies of the Black Gate.
2. My favorite characters vary A LOT but overall I'd probably have to say Gandalf, Beorn, Theoden, Eowyn and (of course) Bilbo
3. I love to see my favorite chapter, the very first one, with the dwarves "taking over" Bag End. And of course Smaug, but I don't think he'll be in this movie yet.
1) (in the movies) any scene with Legolas in it ... mmmmm ..... Really though, nothing beats the battle scene in two towers, it still gives me chills watching it (and reading it!)
2) Golem/Smeagle, not in a loveable way obviously but because his character is the one i find most interesting.
3) I cant wait for the hobbit, i had to re-buy the book because i wore out the first one!! So im sooooo excited for the movie, im just hoping it lives up to my expectations! I really am looking forward to the first meeting between Bilbo and Golem - the riddles they ask each other and bilbo's escape! ok, im going to stop rambling now ....
I'm with you. I love Sam! Loved him in the book, loved him in the movie. So any moment with Sam is a winner for me But I think my favourite part is when he's talking to Gollum about 'tatters. In the book, though, it was the battle against Shelob.
YTcyberpunkFeatured By OwnerDec 3, 2012Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What's your favorite Lord of the Rings moment?
"You shall not pass!" in the Peter Jackson film. Even though I love to make fun of that scene, I actually really love the drama and the rhythm of the dialogue.
Favorite character? Why?
Depends on which version. Books/Peter Jackson Films: Aragorn. The rugged swordsman is one of my favorite fantasy character types. I like him better in Jackson's adaptation though, as he's more conflicted and modest about becoming king, which itself is what makes him the right person to be king. Ralph Bakshi cartoon: Treebeard. He makes me laugh. Reminds me of "The Phantom Tollbooth" and "Looney Tunes."
What are you most looking forward to seeing in the Hobbit?
The elves. I want to see more of them. (A Tolkien movie is the only time you'll hear me say that.)
My favorite moment in the Hobbit (I couldn't force meself through the Fellowship, blasphemy, I know) was when Bilbo was sneaking around Smaug's Lair and they're taunting each other as Smaug tries to figure out where Bilbo is.
Gandalf. I suppose it's because he's obscenely powerful but prefers to let things take their course: he lets Bilbo actually grow into a hero instead of just magicking their way through everything. His words of wisdom are awesome and his appearance in general is just so mysterious.
my favourite moment is...maybe the end because is to sad and beautiful and it always make me cry! i love sad-epic movies^^ and...my favourite character is Legolas and also Aragorn (they are good fighters aren't they? hahaha) about the hobbit...i can't wait!
1. One of my favorite moments in the LotR films was when the beacons between Gondor and Rohan were being lit. It was beautiful. 2. My favorite character is Aragorn, he was in the books and he is in the films. Can't quite explain why, maybe I'm just a sucker for heroic, kingly men. 3. Smaug!! Also, when watching the trailer I got goosebumps during the dwarfs' chanting so that's already a favorite moment
That part where Frodo said that the Ring is too heavy for him to continue carrying to the fires of Mt Doom, and Sam's all, "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you." Samwise The Brave? Hell yeah. Or Badass. Either term would be good, though I think.
Favourite character would be Strider. Or Faramir. Not at the end where they're all cleaned up though. I like my men dirty, scruffy and battle worn.
For The Hobbit, well, mostly Gandalf The Grey. Just because. Haha. The dwarves are a nice bunch too.
1. My favorite moment was when Sam saves Frodo countless of times LOL I love Sam but he sadly isn't my favorite character 2. My favorite character would have to be Arwen. I absolutely love her and her love for Aragorn is amazing ((: 3. I can't wait to see the dragon Smaug (: That is going to be awesome, and also the Trolls