Closed to new replies
December 2, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 34

Lets Talk Winx!

:iconchibifangirl01:
Chibifangirl01 Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
So season five is currently on Nick, and what do you think about it so far? Here's my thoughts. I really wish that 4kids or Rai had the rights to Winx becuase Nick is ruining the acting. Sure the specials were great, but I wasn't feeling the acting from any of the charcters except mabey Icy or Valtor but everyone else seemed dead to me. They also cut out a majority of the first two seasons. I really liked the acting in the 4kids version the best, they really suited well and they didn't sound the same like in Rai. However Rai doesn't censor out the good parts.

Anyway I really don't care for this season, I mean I'll watch it, but its not the best. Its basically a cheap knock off of season three. Except season three was my favorite season, the villan Valtor was well rounded and the story was deep and intense just like seasons two and one. Here what is our formula? Titanus is only jealous that his brother is sexier than he is so he goes all psychotic on the magic world, destroying everything. Also the trix are back, I really wanted to see a new kind of witch or female antagonist. The Trix just seem like a sadistic and affective version of Team Rocket who never seem to die. Then we have harmonix which helps the winx swim because they didn't before....Hey wait a second they could swim in season three! Why not now? And then we have sirenix....which does something, so I guess harmonix was useless.

So what do you think, is the season to your liking? Or do you think it needs work?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional Writer
I hadn't heard of new winx until I was at the store the other day and there were new toys. I don't have a problem with it, I rather like it, I've seen the older stuff and I was wondering why I never saw any more of it. I'm glad they are releasing toys along with the show, sometimes they neglect to do that until the show really gets popular. at least now I can buy the doll and be faerie optional !
:iconpurpleamhariccoffee:
PurpleAmharicCoffee Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
Wow, someone brave enough to post about this show on the public forum. Nice to meet you. :wave: I enjoy it, but then again, my taste is constantly proven to be subjectively bad in the eyes of fellow forum-goers. But I will rant for the sake of ranting.
My only negative thought about Season 5 and Harmonix is that Bloom is being an extra pain in the ass this season. She always saves the day and is the crucial point in their missions. I thought they had moved on, but I guess that will probably never happen. :shrug: I watch it for 5/6 of the protagonists. And, about the Trix, I wish Darcy would split and become a powerful antagonist by herself... but that's another story. They've been established and are an easy set of villains for the young target audience to understand.
I love Sirenix's tights. I would love to possess a pair of tights like those.
Chibifangirl01 Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Yes, I am a hardcore Winx fan, as you can see.

Personally I think that the Trix need to be replaced. We saw that they were written out of season four, so why come back? They are also underdevlop and it gets boring after a while. I can think of much more clever villians at the top of my head.

As for Bloom, she is my favorite, so I really don't find her annoying. I think she is the most devolop charcter, which is why the season should revolve around the characters with little development. I also disliked the scene where Sky retrives his memories, I would of liked to see the relationship start over, I mean becuase they killed Nabu, that hurt Layla, so lets bring more devolopment.

I sure hope it gets better over time.
Me too.
I agree that the Trix have remained the same characters (with the same outfits) and they do require development if they are to become more effective villains. Though, the new Nick fans have had an abridged version of Seasons 1 and 2, so they may not appear as repetitive to them as they do to we who have been following the show since conception.
Chibifangirl01 Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Still, even to the newer fans, we shouldn't just put the team rocket methood on them. Thats what pokemon is for. And this isn't pokemon.
Indeed. :nod:
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student Filmographer
My sister watched it when it was on FoxBox or whatever. I never cared for it. The obnoxiously long bodies and the super skimpy clothes weren't appealing either.
:iconimagine45:
Imagine45 Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student General Artist
I personally believe that Harmonix was pretty useless. Sirenix is kinda pointless too, but it has some purpose, I guess. I don't really know much about Sirenix, but I've seen some of the more recent episodes in the fifth season.
And I didn't like how Nick cut out all the other substantial parts, after I noticed

And as for Roxy... heh...
Chibifangirl01 Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I think Sirenix is supposed to beat Titanus...some how...? Its pretty but theres no purpose. As for Roxy, I never really liked her either, so I don't care that she got written out but it ruins the continuity. Season 4 was Winx's plummet.
:iconimagine45:
Imagine45 Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student General Artist
Yeah, I like the designs, but there's really no purpose to it.
Roxy didn't really have much of a personality to begin with, and the whole 'last fairy on Earth' thing kinda bugged me. Wasn't Bloom supposed to be that already? Maybe I missed something...
Yeah, Season 4 was when it all started to go downhill.
Add a Comment: