Closed to new replies
November 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 24

Discovery Channel

:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
I keep hearing about this show on Discovery called Moonshiners, where it documents a bunch of hillbillies making liquor while "avoiding getting caught" or something like that. Yeah, you're only on national television, better hope someone doesn't see you.

I've lost all respect for this channel. They've gone from Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters to about a thousand shows about finding gold, bid wars, and now they're even talking about sasquatches and mermaids as if there's a remote possibility of their existence. The only reason I don't watch the science channel is because we don't get it.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on Discovery as of late? Do you think the channel should stay or go?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmagicmoonbird:
MagicMoonBird Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I still love it, its allways better than stuff like Jeresy Shore or whatever its called, .....however I often mix up Discovery channel with National Geographic Channel O.o....I like Doomsday Preppers :lmao: those people are awesome, I want a underground bunker too! XD....didnt they also have those astronomy shows? I liked those, and when I was a kid it was about mummies all the time, loved that stuff!
And I also like those survival shows, with that one guy that was a commando dude and the show with those other two guys with one that allways walks on his bare feet! :D Alaska State Troopers is pretty cool as well :nod:....But now I dont know what on Discovery and whats on NatGeo anymore :lmao: anyways... those sasquatch hunting people are a little over the top >.>

I dont watch allot of tv, all the rubbish that is on these days >.> but when I do its mostly Discovery or NatGeo....although more than 60% of the time when I do watch the tv, its for movies, but they dont really count I geuss :lmao:
:iconhoggys2much:
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
The only thing I watch on Discovery these days is "How It's Made".

I used to watch it a lot for its Astronomy documentaries but now it is just rubbish.

The same can be said for all of the UK's documentary channels.
redmarlin Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
I don't even see that show on anymore.
:iconhoggys2much:
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
I don't know where you are but in the UK Discovery Science show it and a channel called Quest also show it.

Nice to see that I am not the only one that watches it.
:iconjzlobo:
JZLobo Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I like their survivalist shows. Dave and Cody bicker like an old married couple. It's adorable.
redmarlin Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
Really? Every time I've turned it on, I'm surprised at how well they get along, considering how much they hyped up the fact that they supposedly argue all the time. I imagine they'd have their disputes every once in a while, but they get along about the same as the Mythbusters do, I'd say.
:iconjzlobo:
JZLobo Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Well, in the first few episodes, and then they eventually developed a rapport. But when they do occasionally bicker it's still funny.
:iconrosejasmin56:
rosejasmin56 Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
One of the best channel for getting knowledge..
:iconnickdruminor:
nickdruminor Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
i saw an ad for "Amish Mafia" earlier today. :iconwhutplz:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
That actually sounds hilarious.
Add a Comment: