Closed to new replies
November 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 36

Why is the anime Bleach called Bleach?

:iconwwhulk12:
wwhulk12 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Been watching the series since the beginning and I still don't know what it means.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhanimetion:
Hanimetion Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Kubo just called it that for the heck of it, but the anime does involve cleansing souls, just imagine every shinigami as a different brand of bleach ;P
:iconzoltor:
Zoltor Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Um people, we seem to be forgetting that the Japanese for the most part just really sucks when it comes to naming things. There doesn't need to be any meaning behind the name, for them to name it such.

If you're lucky, the name of the anime will be based off the lead char(aka Inuyasha, Naruto, ect), and once in a blue moon you'll get one based off of the main plot/world(aka Moribito Guardian of the Spirit, The Twelve Kingdoms, ect), which is as good as you can get. Every other time though, the name is either meaningless crap or based off of a super small, forgettable aspect of the show.
wwhulk12 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
what other animes has titles that mean absolutely nothing?
really lol?

I suggest you look though anime, there are tons.

There's something called bobobobobobobo(I shit you not), there's another called 009-1, and so on.
yes i've seen that crappy show. And Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo and 009-1 are names of the main characters (009-1 being a codename) after you just said "If you're lucky, the name of the anime will be based off the lead character"

Sooooo...any other titles that actually don't have meaning?
Bobobobobobobobo even if is a name of a char wouldn't count, It's the dumbest BS ever.

there's a anime called Do're or some crap like that.

One Piece is a pretty damn meaningless title as well. Supposedly It's suppose to be some kind of treasure, that noone knows about(why the hell would you name something One Piece, lol is it a one piece bikini or something, if not, wtf)

There's tons of crappy titles, someone are completely meaningless, others are based on small aspects that are barely noteworthy.

Go on ebey, look through some of the huge collections some sellers have, you'll be shocked at all the oddball, and poorly named anime there are.
just because a title sounds stupid, doesn't mean it's meaningless. so it does count to be meaningful.

Don't think Do're is correct.

The definition and meaning of the title One Piece was established on the first episode.

Your theory that most anime titles don't have any meaning is not really making sense.
I would have to dig through collections again to find it. I tend to write off these poorly named anime as equally poorly made, unless to box art or description implies otherwise, so to expect me to remember all the anime I scroll through, while looking for actually good anime is unfair to say the least.

Really, then why the hell does none of the One Piece fans know it then(there are threads specifically devoted to that subject, and I have never seen a definitive answer posted)

Read my post again, I said are meaningless or is based off of a very minor aspect.
All the characters know what One Piece is. They just don't mention it because a lot more important things are happening.

But what titles are you talking about that are meaningless?
(1 Reply)
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Writer
I always thought the creator named it that to be different and because they wanted to. if you enjoy it why question the title? the series is better original/subbed anyways. also, have to admit, it's a title that doesn't need translation so it can't be all that bad. and it's short too and doesn't take up 2 and 3 lines ;)
Add a Comment: