Closed to new replies
November 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 34

oh my god it's all about anime here!

:iconkingkrule:
kingkrule Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student General Artist
which is understandable because anime is a very well-liked genre (: but how about some fans of non-cartoon shows? name your favourite and least favourite shows on tv now/recently!

mine- favourite EVER: arrested development, it's the wittiest of them all (:
least favourite: big bang theory

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconclaycowboys:
ClayCowboys Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Writer
The Tudors
Mad Men
Quantum Leap
Bonanza
The Untouchables (What can I say? I'm homesick for Chicago and I have an old man crush on Robert Stack).
Chopped (the one reality show I enjoy)
The Hatfield-McCoy Miniseries
:iconblockbox:
Blockbox Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
i like quite a few shows,or liked them at least.They all have kind of an expiring date,and there aren't many that make it all the way to germany:I enjoyed eureka,it was stupid fun.the first season of heroes was superb,2nd nice,rest bullshit.i liked the parts of supernatural,back when it didn't have an actual fleshed out story,where it was about two guys killing monsters.I still kept on watching,but i'd miss a few episodes at a time.Well,Fringe was kind of like supernatural in the way that i enjoyed it while it was non-story bound,however i actually kinda like the added bit of story.I still follow Fringe,but i can wait for translations.Then there was flash forward,i really enjoyed the idea,and the show was well received among the people i know,but it was cancelled right after the first season due to low quotes.
:iconzoltor:
Zoltor Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Leverage(It's awesome. did you ever see Ocean's 11, It's sort of like that, except they're doing it to help people that were scammed by the person/company. Like the show says, they continue where the law leaves off. Also It's not only heists, but scam based jobs as well).
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Writer
I don't really want many shows on tv. I watch movies when I'm not watching animation. but the shows I do like are:

Roseanne (it's old but it's still played on tv), Alphas, Once Upon A Time, CSI: NY, CSI and CSI Miami (this one was recently canceled but it's still played)

I will watch other shows, if someone else watches them I don't have a problem sitting through them and some I like, but not enough to bother with watching them without being around the people so I don't really have a least favorite show :/
:iconmatthewmatters:
MatthewMatters Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional General Artist
Favourite shows are Firefly, Surface, the 4400, Doctor Who and Dead Like Me which was fucking hilarious. But above all of them, Doctor Who.
:iconomicronwanderer:
OmicronWanderer Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I do not have many shows that I enjoy watching of those that are still on TV I would have to go with 'Bones' and 'Once Upon a Time'

of the shows that I enjoy that are no longer on TV I would have to go with 'Babylon 5' and 'Stargate SG1'
:iconducatrevel:
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Writer
Leverage, Castle, and Bones. And I rewatch Friends every now and then. But if we're talking non-animated, I definitely believe that movies are superior to Television shows. I can't verse why exactly. It's just a personal belief, I guess. And if we're talking movie, I'd say that I really like Fight Club and V for Vendeta.
:iconphantasmastriker:
PhantasmaStriker Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
I hate TV shows, I can just never get into 'em. And yeah I'm one of those that don't watch TV, I have shit loads of anime and movies.
:icontidal-wave-art:
Tidal-Wave-Art Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I love Law and Order (mostly SVU, but the other ones are cool too). I don't like The Big Bang Theory.
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm digging NCIS. ( yes go on, call me an old man. :grump: )
:iconieighton:
Ieighton Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
God, I can't wait for the Arrested Development movie to be released. Been rewatching all the episodes in preparation.
holy shit, me too! every episode is brilliant. the creators had so much attention to detail it blows me away.. I read an article recently about '53 Inside Jokes/things you may have missed while watching the show' and it's just so clever all of the puns they sneak into the show
That would explain why it was cancelled. Too much subtle humour for your average American audience... no offense intended.

Mrs Featherbottom just has me on the floor every time I rewatch it.
it's so true though.. it's too bad shows like it don't make it in completely mainstream television. it had a loyal fanbase though, glad it's coming back because of them (:

tobias is one of the most over the top characters hahaha i can't handle it sometimes, they had such brilliant writers! there's one scene in the show where rita's sitting on a bus stop bench with an advertisement that reads "Wee Britain" except her body is blocking a few letters so it only says "Wee Brain".. the foreshadowing was so well-hidden and so smart.
"tobias is one of the most over the top characters"

Haha, you can say that again... [link]
kingkrule Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student General Artist
christ that scene's great haha
:icontheaatherea:
TheaAtherea Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012   General Artist
I live in an area where we don't get television without paying, but I do watch some shows online. Right now, it's Misfits, Bones, Revolution and Covert Affairs.
I have a fairly strong dislike of anime, so I generally avoid this forum. It's refreshing to see a thread about something else. :P
misfits is one of my favourites (: Skins is good too, especially the first generation if you're into that sort of show! it's kind of like misfits in the sense that they're british teens that get up to a lot of no-good (minus the superpowers). i don't know too much about anime myself so i felt like an outcast in the Movies & TV category haha!
:icontheaatherea:
TheaAtherea Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012   General Artist
I've never bothered with Skins. The power-usage is a big part of why I love Misfits, and a huge part of why I put up with the things I don't like, namely the drug use and certain particularly gory scenes. I'm not sure how much longer I'll end up watching Misfits anyway. I passionately loved the first two seasons, but I only liked the third, and now that there isn't a single original character left (I don't count Rudy), unless they do something completely awesome this season, I give up. :(

I've never really gotten into anime. I enjoyed Princess Mononoke and I have Pokemon nostalgia, but that's pretty much as far as I go. I find the majority of anime I've seen to be kind of annoying, and all the characters look pretty much the same with different hair and eye colors. Not my thing. It's not considered anime, but I do love Avatar the Last Airbender, however. :giggle:
:iconshininginthedarkness:
Daimajin Kanon!

(I also 'don't watch TV', by which I mean I don't own a television that gets TV channels in a traditional sense. I certainly spend enough time watching TV shows on Netflix and DVD, although I refuse to watch any live-action that doesn't have people dressed up as giant monsters. Boring! So anyway, I obviously don't have a 'least favorite', since if I don't like something I just stop watching it and watch something else instead.)
netflix is the best thing ever haha (:
Daimajin Kanon sadly is not on Netflix, I had to order a '''''legitimate'''' DVD boxset. From China via Cambodia. But it's worth it, I nearly lost my socks when I found out they made a new TV series out of the old Daimajin films :heart:
definitely worth it! it's neat to have a physical copy of the episodes, too! dvd boxsets are sweet (:
I'll probably buy it again if it's ever officially released with English subs :( My copy.. it is not pretty. It is bad quality and still has a 'TV Tokyo' logo in the corner at all times.
you're quite the dedicated fan haha (:
:icontheblackbullets:
TheBlackBullets Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Leverage.
just looked it up, seems really interesting! is it kind of a con/heist crime type of show? only thing in that genre that i've watched was the movie The Usual Suspects.. which was amazing, so maybe i'd like Leverage (:
:icontheblackbullets:
TheBlackBullets Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah. It's a really great show, but no one's ever heard of it.
:iconlovely-words:
Lovely-Words Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Supernatural, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Being Human (U.K.), Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (My nostalgia with that show is so strong, I don't even care. I will watch the hell out of it). As for least favorite, I dunno, I don't watch enough television to have a least favorite. I can find everything I need online.
sherlock is perfect omg ♥ if you're a fan of british shows, maybe you'd like Misfits? (:
:iconlovely-words:
Lovely-Words Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Doesn't really seem my thing. I've checked it out and heard good stuff about it, but it just doesn't really appeal to me.
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I don't watch tv
(I watch anime online)
what's your favourite anime? (:
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
naruto
one piece
bleach