Closed to new replies
November 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 43
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
What is your opinion?
I need new shows and need to know ones to avoid.
I have heard a lot of crap is produced in animation these days. Someone tell me good ones.
:iconlazycryplz:
I have heard VERY mixed opinions about Heitalia, and almost every new anime. ( the last one I saw was Death Note) which I loved.
I love all genres by the way.....

( I REFUSE TO WATCH SUBS! DUBS IS WHERE IT'S AT! )
.......anything? :eager:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpltnm06ghost:
Pltnm06Ghost Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional General Artist
Here's all you need to know.

The masterpieces:
Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit), Cyborg 009 (2001), Samurai Champloo, Gurren Lagann, FLCL, Dead Leaves, Redline, Summer Wars, Afro Samurai (as well as AS: Resurrection), Casshern Sins (for the jaw dropping visual imagery), New Getter Robo, Shin Getter Robo Armageddon, One Piece, FMA Brotherhood, Naoki Urasawa's Monster, and Black Lagoon.

The crap:
Bleach, Queen's Blade, Hero Tales (phenomenal OST though), 98% all ecchi anime.

Recently released anime with nothing but subs:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 2012 (Just throwing that there since JoJo's is the best manga ever :B)
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:noes: you did not say Dragon Ball!
yes Black Lagoon is the bomb. ^^
:iconmingplz: Queens Blade was shit!
:iconpltnm06ghost:
Pltnm06Ghost Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional General Artist
I didn't have to say it. Akira Toriyama's works need no introduction, they're all good : D Although GT was bad, he had nothing to do with it :D Then again, there was that one movie who's name I shall never mention. I'm letting that slide :ninja:

I know right? Why was thar mess even popular again? :|

Oh yeah, forgot to add Kikaider to my list of awesome anime :lmao:
yea, I know which one you are talking about. :fear:
I pretend GT never happened. :B
:iconducatrevel:
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Writer
Fast paced anime: Baccano!, Cowboy Bebop, Fate/Zero, Katanagatari, Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Full Metal Panic! and Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, Durarara!! (just the first 12 episodes), Eureka 7, Detroit Metal City, Gintama, Redline, Darker than BLACK (just the first season), Gungrave, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Top wo Nerae, Kaiji, Kara no Kyoukai (1 - 7), Mahou Shoujou Madoka Magica, Berserk, and Samurai Champloo.

Normal(?) paced anime: Ghost in the Shell (and everything with GitS attached to it), Honey & Clover and Honey & Clover II, The Monogatari Series, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Mobile Suit Gundam and Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Monster, Serei no Moribito, Gankutsuou, Akira, Neon Genesis Evangelion (I'm not saying this is good! I actually hate it. But I do think that it is a must see), Great Teacher Onizuka, Ano Hana, Mononoke, Spice and Wolf (only the first season), The Tatami Galaxy, Saynora Zetsubou Sensei (and all it's sequels), Aria (Animation, Natural, and Origination), Grave of the Fireflies, Dennou Coil, Kaze no Tani no Nausicaa, Aoi Bungaku, Rose of Versailles, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Paranoia Agent, Mawaru Penguindrum, Perfect Blue, Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal, Millennium Actress, Princess Tutu, Usagi Drop, Bokurano, and Planetes.

Slow paced anime: Mushishi, Kino's Journey, Welcome to the NHK, Kaiba, Casshern Sins, Haibane Renmei, and Time of Eve.

Okay. I know that's a lot. Admittedly, I have not watched all those shows. Maybe half of that, but not all of it. These are just some of the most critically acclaimed anime. Maybe you could pick a title at random. Who knows, you might find something amazing.
seen all of the classics, cowboy bebop etc. Berserk fucking rules. :)
ghost in the shell,dmetalcity, Gungrave,samurai champloo,seen every gundam,Akira fuck yes,Evangelion rocks,Grave of the fireflies and every miazaki filk I have seen,Paranoia agent had a ballin opening song,....
I have watched all of these above
why don't you have FLCL, Golden Boy, Ninja Scroll, or Aeon Flux? those where great! :stare:
I also didn't have Steins;Gate, Nondame Cantible, any of the Natsume Yuujinchou series, Humanity has Declined, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Touch, Cross Game, Tsumiki no Ie, Juuni Kokuki, Omoide Poroporo, Sekai no Monshou, Bartender, Kemonozume, Mind Game,and Ergo Proxy.

But I gave a great selection of works and if I missed a small handful then I guess that ca be chalked out as human error.
at least no one so far has shoved Naruto down my throat. I hated that shit even before it became popular,Ninja School is a billion times better.
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Writer
Anything is instantly better than Naruto.
Oh! Wait. No subs? Well that kills half of this list. Sad.
Add a Comment: