Yes or no on MLP?

I wanna know your opinions, is all. Because I asked this question, I'm obviously a fan. Whether or not I'm a brony isn't important.
Comments77
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It's a fun show, and IMO better than a lot of more "adult" shows on TV. To each their own, though. It's cute and funny :3 I like the episodes where the ponies go crazy the best for some reason.

I can see why people don't want to watch it because of the fandom, though. The friend who got me into it can be a little overbearing about it.
MLP is pretty great for a kids show. Now grown men like it
To me, it's like watching the same thing over and over again. The plot lines in the episodes that I have seen have been done to death like "I am being embarrassed by my quirky relatives behavior only to finding out that they are actually pretty cool" or "pretending I'm not to be friends with my friend in order to be with the popular/sophisticated people only to realize that my real friends are more important." Other shows manage to make these plot line interesting with humor, drama, or creativity, but for me, I have trouble seeing any of these qualities in MLP and instead feel that it boils down the over used stories to their basic elements, which is perfect for small children but dull for me. I don't think it's a bad show, but I don't see why it's so special either.
I like the show, used to be part of the fandom, grew out of that real quickly. I'm trying to get back in, but keep failing to get into it like I did in the season one days. I still watch the show, but that is it.
It's a 22-minute long toy commercial and not even a good one like Transformers or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Wait, it's a commercial? Weird, Transformers in general seems more blatant in promoting their stuff than the recent MLP in terms of tie in.

Aw well, people have their preference; and since in have a preference for both, double the entertainment for me :lol: (still wish Inhumanoids was brought back though).
No, it's totally gay.
That's a nice outlook. xD
ur stupid! so wat if its a show for little girls? tat doesnt mean were all weird1
We bronies are pretty weird though, darling.
Lol glad to see a brony who doesn't freak out at everybody who has a different opinion!

I think the show is cute, the designs are pretty nice and while the pacing and boarding past season 1 is a little less impressive imo, it's one of the fairly decent cartoons on television right now (I don't get The Hub, but I've seen it online). I also think the style's really fun to draw in, so I can see why people like doing drawings of the characters and Ponyfying everything, hahah.

The fandom sours it a bit for me though just because it's so overbearing and extreme sometimes. I'm sure there are plenty of sane fans though too, several of my friends are. The ones who take it too seriously are a little scary, lol.
I try not to be insane. o u o

I can be extreme, every time I close my eyes I see ponies. But I fall in love with a show and cruze on it for about two months, happens all the time to me.

The fandom can be scary but I'm not going to deny that I like it. :iconcbfaceplz:
Lol I used to go through fandoms like that when I was a kid. Nowdays I'm more focused on my career and my own personal work.
It's like the Twilight of cartoon series. Rabid fans and sparkly characters :pointandlaugh:

Not a chance. I didn't like MLP when I was a little kid, and I don't like it now. The "MOV" parodies by hotdiggedydemon are hilarious, though :lol:
Yeah, but Twilight is just pure stupidity.
I thought a brony was a male fan of MLP. You appear to be a girl.
Female brony, it doesn't matter.
I never was interested in MLP, even as a child. It's not my type of animation but I clearly understand why people love it so much. It's cute ;)
My icon kind of gives it away fairly quick.

I get a 90's vibe from it, and having watched late 80's early to mid 90's cartoons growing up (including G1 MLP) its got a bit of a nostalgia factor to it. Other then that I think it's just a neat show. The animation is crisp, the characters are enjoyable, and the overall story is fun if a little simplistic at times.

Truth be told i'm more into the fandom. This fandom churns out more art per-capita then I thought possible.
I really enjoy the show. Its different form the rest as I havent watched a kids show in around 10 years. The animation is great. The style is perfect. And the show ideas are rather interesting (in a good way)

Plus, what really got me hooked on the show is the fan art, which is beyond amazing! the dedication and time put into fan fics, songs, movies, anything... Is just amazing. Theres a lot of talented people out there that follow this fandom. Besides, I cant tell you how many fan created songs I have on my iPhone
I can agree with you on that, and the characters are downright kickass.

There are some bronies out there that are bronier than I, and they do conjure amazing shit. And the brony music is to die for.
Yes, because Lauren Faust has the Midas touch of animation. She could be given the task of remaking Teddy Ruxpin and she'd find a way to make it awesome.