Closed to new replies
November 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 76

Yes or no on MLP?

:iconeulpie:
eulpie Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I wanna know your opinions, is all. Because I asked this question, I'm obviously a fan. Whether or not I'm a brony isn't important.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmagnifulouschicken:
magnifulouschicken Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It's a fun show, and IMO better than a lot of more "adult" shows on TV. To each their own, though. It's cute and funny :3 I like the episodes where the ponies go crazy the best for some reason.

I can see why people don't want to watch it because of the fandom, though. The friend who got me into it can be a little overbearing about it.
:iconsqwishymcfuzz:
SqwishyMcFuzz Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
MLP is pretty great for a kids show. Now grown men like it
:iconsailorseiyadigijem:
SailorSeiyaDigiJem Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I liked that show.
:iconduckgobananas:
duckgobananas Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student
To me, it's like watching the same thing over and over again. The plot lines in the episodes that I have seen have been done to death like "I am being embarrassed by my quirky relatives behavior only to finding out that they are actually pretty cool" or "pretending I'm not to be friends with my friend in order to be with the popular/sophisticated people only to realize that my real friends are more important." Other shows manage to make these plot line interesting with humor, drama, or creativity, but for me, I have trouble seeing any of these qualities in MLP and instead feel that it boils down the over used stories to their basic elements, which is perfect for small children but dull for me. I don't think it's a bad show, but I don't see why it's so special either.
:icontrollestia:
Trollestia Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
I like the show, used to be part of the fandom, grew out of that real quickly. I'm trying to get back in, but keep failing to get into it like I did in the season one days. I still watch the show, but that is it.
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
It's a 22-minute long toy commercial and not even a good one like Transformers or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
:iconbig-k-2011:
Big-K-2011 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Wait, it's a commercial? Weird, Transformers in general seems more blatant in promoting their stuff than the recent MLP in terms of tie in.

Aw well, people have their preference; and since in have a preference for both, double the entertainment for me :lol: (still wish Inhumanoids was brought back though).
:iconbaseball777:
baseball777 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
No, it's totally gay.
eulpie Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That's a nice outlook. xD
:icontheblademan235:
TheBladeMan235 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
ur stupid! so wat if its a show for little girls? tat doesnt mean were all weird1
We bronies are pretty weird though, darling.
:iconrobo-shark:
Robo-Shark Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Lol glad to see a brony who doesn't freak out at everybody who has a different opinion!

I think the show is cute, the designs are pretty nice and while the pacing and boarding past season 1 is a little less impressive imo, it's one of the fairly decent cartoons on television right now (I don't get The Hub, but I've seen it online). I also think the style's really fun to draw in, so I can see why people like doing drawings of the characters and Ponyfying everything, hahah.

The fandom sours it a bit for me though just because it's so overbearing and extreme sometimes. I'm sure there are plenty of sane fans though too, several of my friends are. The ones who take it too seriously are a little scary, lol.
I try not to be insane. o u o

I can be extreme, every time I close my eyes I see ponies. But I fall in love with a show and cruze on it for about two months, happens all the time to me.

The fandom can be scary but I'm not going to deny that I like it. :iconcbfaceplz:
:iconrobo-shark:
Robo-Shark Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Lol I used to go through fandoms like that when I was a kid. Nowdays I'm more focused on my career and my own personal work.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's like the Twilight of cartoon series. Rabid fans and sparkly characters :pointandlaugh:

Not a chance. I didn't like MLP when I was a little kid, and I don't like it now. The "MOV" parodies by hotdiggedydemon are hilarious, though :lol:
eulpie Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, but Twilight is just pure stupidity.
:iconweaponx-art:
WeaponX-Art Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
I thought a brony was a male fan of MLP. You appear to be a girl.
Female brony, it doesn't matter.
:iconal-kahina:
al-Kahina Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I never was interested in MLP, even as a child. It's not my type of animation but I clearly understand why people love it so much. It's cute ;)
Ffyeah~
:iconzinc-tails:
Zinc-Tails Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
My icon kind of gives it away fairly quick.

I get a 90's vibe from it, and having watched late 80's early to mid 90's cartoons growing up (including G1 MLP) its got a bit of a nostalgia factor to it. Other then that I think it's just a neat show. The animation is crisp, the characters are enjoyable, and the overall story is fun if a little simplistic at times.

Truth be told i'm more into the fandom. This fandom churns out more art per-capita then I thought possible.
:iconmachstyle:
MachStyle Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I really enjoy the show. Its different form the rest as I havent watched a kids show in around 10 years. The animation is great. The style is perfect. And the show ideas are rather interesting (in a good way)

Plus, what really got me hooked on the show is the fan art, which is beyond amazing! the dedication and time put into fan fics, songs, movies, anything... Is just amazing. Theres a lot of talented people out there that follow this fandom. Besides, I cant tell you how many fan created songs I have on my iPhone
I can agree with you on that, and the characters are downright kickass.

There are some bronies out there that are bronier than I, and they do conjure amazing shit. And the brony music is to die for.
:icondidj:
Didj Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Yes, because Lauren Faust has the Midas touch of animation. She could be given the task of remaking Teddy Ruxpin and she'd find a way to make it awesome.
Indeed.
:iconchickenmai:
chickenmai Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, it's fun, I've watched 20 episodes so far, it's quite enjoyable :D
:iconevb16:
evb16 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
I like it, but I wouldn't say it's the greatest show ever.
:iconredfoxbennaton:
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Yes, for little girls.
:icontheblademan235:
TheBladeMan235 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
u stupid idiot! u ar so stupid
:iconredfoxbennaton:
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I'm not the idiot. You are, you have terrible grammar.
:iconladykuki:
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student General Artist
Ehh... kinda yes... and kinda no. Where should I begin?

Pros:
1. The animation style is pretty nice. It's colorful, unique, and pleasing to the eye.
2. The character designs are also interesting. A lot of these designs I find cute, lol.
3. Interesting villains. Not awesome, but interesting in terms of personality and character design.

Cons:
1. It's overrated, sorry to say. I don't mind if you like it at all. It's just that sometimes it gets kind of out of hand. It's not a bad show, but it's definitely not the best cartoon to ever come out in this decade. I enjoy the fan art if it's well done, but that's pretty much it.

2. IDK... Aside from the villains, the personalities in my opinion have been done to death in these types of shows. Most of their personalities seem kinda predictable at times, like you know they're going to do this, and that.

3. The memes are overused and aren't really that funny. Except for the Eeyup one. That never gets old, lol.

My two cents. :iconhappymeowplz:
eulpie Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't know how to reply without mixing everything together, but well put. o u o Everything you said made utter sense, whether I agree or not (I do mostly). Eeyup. XD

[Sorry, little reply to your well laid out reply. :I]
Lol! That's okay! I wasn't expecting much anyway.

:iconeeyupplz:

:XD: That meme is lol.
Oh, good.

Indeed. xD
Yeah. I'm not too picky. u v u

Yep!
:iconsilverchaim:
SilverChaim Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I like some children's movies and series but I'm not interested in MLP. And I think the ponies looked cuter before :D I watched MLP when I was a child in 90s. But I understand if people like the new ponies too :)
Ah~ I love reasonable nice people like you. o u o
But, yeh, they were cute back then as well.
:iconsilverchaim:
SilverChaim Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
And of course it's ok to change their drawing style sometimes :) Anyway, it must be good series because so many people like it :D
:icontattertotminion:
TatterTotMinion Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
NO. I its a little creepy to me. To girly. I am a tom and prefer playing with Transformers and watching LOSE. MLP is not a show i can even stand for five seconds.

Its great for little kids though! DOES have good morals. Not saying it isnt good for somthing.
I see, that makes sense.

Does have good morals, too. You're a reasonable person. xD
Thank you. I am reasonable, to a point. People get pissed because i dont like it and shove it in my face. I dont care if people like it, but damn, no need to shove it in my face and nag!
That's true. I hate bronies who get pissed when someone doesn't like MLP, they completely ruin the show for everyone even more. I love the show, but I'm not going to rant at someone for disliking it.
I do have a few brony friends, so i do respect the good fans.
Explains your tolerance. Nice talking to you~
yep. Nice talking to you too. ^^ Feel free and stop by anytime, i am not one to bite. XD
^ ^ Alright!~ I look forward to chatting with you once again.
(1 Reply)
:iconcupcake--love:
cUpCaKe--LoVe Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't understand what's so awesome about it. I tried watching an episode and it bored me to death. I always thought it was for little kids. I'm not starting arguments, just stating my opinion.
That's understandable. It's really boring in the beginning, anyways. Especially generation 1, the hand-drawn ones, it had no plot direction whatsoever.
:icontherealpadster:
theRealPadster Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Interface Designer
no
:iconskvattram:
Skvattram Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
It's a pretty stupid show.
So no.
Add a Comment: