Closed to new replies
November 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

Rise of the Guardians: who's excited?

:icontamarviewstudio:
TamarViewStudio Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012   Photographer
I am so looking forward to it! DreamWorks have had a pretty good run of films lately and I'm hoping this will prove to be great!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbee-chan:
Bee-chan Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Trust me, you're going to LOVE IT!

I saw it last night, and it was absolutely breath taking visually, great takes on Santa ( North ), Sandie ( the Sandman ), Bunny ( the Easter Bunny ), Tooth and the baby Teeth ( the Tooth Fairy and her fairies ), Pitch Black ( the Boogie Man ), and of course, the ever mischievous and fun loving Jack Frost!

Loved the plot, too. VERY refreshing, FUN, I really felt for all of the Guardians, even Pitch at points ( Dreamworks is REALLY good at being able to portray a WIDE array of emotions beautifully, with just the subtlest of facial, eye, and body movement. They really do their homework. ).

I'll be honest, I became so caught up in the movie that I almost cried in happiness with that ending. It almost made me want to say out loud, "I DO believe in fairies, I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO, I DO!" ( cookies to anyone who gets that reference ).

I just may need to draw some Jack fanart soon, and I hope someone on Etsy recreates his frosted hoodie ( accurately ). For a hoodie, that one was very beautiful.
:iconsilverchaim:
SilverChaim Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
The animation looks good and I hope the plot is ok too. I'm quite sure my boyfriend wants to see it too :) We have watched lots of animations lately...
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well I love animated movies so I will usually eat up whatever Dreamworks throws out anyway (I am critical enough to know which ones feel forced, but usually not enough to stop me from just enjoying the ride anyway) But I also have a history of finding holiday-themed movies cheap and corny ever since passing the age of 12. So this one will have to try a bit harder to reel me in. But I think the concept of it is pretty cool and I'm amazed it hasn't been done already :O
:icontuftedpuffin:
tuftedpuffin Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
I think Dreamworks animation department went downhill -- big time -- when they moved from traditional to CGI, and have hated every single movie since with the exception of How To Train Your Dragon, so I do not have high hopes. I think the animation is shit, too -- also characteristic of Dreamworks since they ditched real animation. But...but...HUGH JACKMAN! So I will likely cave. The part in the trailer where one guy calls him the "Easter Kangaroo" and he just says, all serious with that sexy accent, "I'm a bunny" made me laugh despite myself.
:icontheawesomefaerie:
TheAwesomeFaerie Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012   Traditional Artist
I'm excited! It looks like it'll be something different from the usual Christmas gimmicky stuff. The tooth fairy design is really beautiful too.
:iconmangagirl1603:
mangagirl1603 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I've seen the advert several times, it looks excellent! Usually Christmas films are pretty crap (apart from Elf, Hogfather and Arthur Christmas which were AMAZING!) but this one caught my eye. I think it was because of the badass Russian Santa Claus.
:iconvhoo-dhoo:
Vhoo-Dhoo Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I prefer DreamWorks stuff to Disney Pixar . . . God, those characters are annoying; I hate Toy Story (all 3 movies), Monsters Inc, Ratatouille was okay but the demented miniature French chef looks like a doppelganger my estranged father (so I hate that movie, too) and Wall-E was THE most irritating thing ever (that and various other movies not related to Pixar Animations).
:icontamarviewstudio:
TamarViewStudio Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012   Photographer
I love Dreamworks and I love what they've done in the last few years, they seem to have really upped their game.
I do love Pixar as well though. There are some films of theirs that didn't do it for me (cars 2, Brave - that was their worst!) and I think they're slipping a bit so I'm rooting for DW :D It's about time they got more attention and recognition
:iconfrillion:
frillion Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional General Artist
One of the movies I'm anticipating. Russian Santa Claus alone has convinced me. I just hope that the plot isn't painfully unoriginal.
:iconmr-timeshadow:
Mr-Timeshadow Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
I'm neutral. It might be great, but the ads haven't sold me yet. Then again, the Wreck-It Ralph ads durign the Olympics were annoying as hell, yet I eventually decided to see it, and loved it! So who knows?
Add a Comment: