Closed to new replies
November 14, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 19

DERREN BROWN APOCALYPSE - immoral?

:iconalbatrash:
albatrash Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Derren basically gets a guy to think the world is ending and that his FAMILY MIGHT BE DEAD. This just to get him off the sofa?

This is sick.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconakiratang:
Akiratang Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Lol, i watched it but im not sure if its 100% real cause the guy could have easily got a weapon and tried to hurt one of the infected.
:iconliliansk:
LilianSK Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ammergerd, I didn't know a new series of him were out! Thank you! I'm off to watch it!
- news comes to norway so much slower :(
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Well, it was a bit more than getting him off the sofa.

Not to mention he did sign up for it, sort of.
albatrash Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
"Most importantly for me, as well as Steven, the changes have to be profound and self-perpetuating. The challenge is to set up new thought patterns that won’t just grind to a halt after the initial adrenaline of being involved in a TV show has worn off.
I have maintained a relationship with Steven and continue to ensure that the work was all worth it. "

[link]
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
So...?
>>Well, it was a bit more than getting him off the sofa.

It won't even work. Derren has 'dinners' with the guy. Guaranteed to keep the suggestions going that he is motivated. Using ANCHORING techniques. A year on(after Derren has found another idiot) he'll be back as he was, full up on his own bogies. probably with light PTSD.

the mass of suggestion used to MAKE this man ACT cured...Derren's career etc. How DARE he not go along with it.
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
How do you know it won't work? You're not the guy who went through it all. You're just jumping to conclusions there.

And if he goes back to how he was, then how is this immoral? It'd be as if nothing had happened.
albatrash Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
THE IMMORAL PART IS HIM MAKING HIM THINK HIS FAMILY MIGHT BE DEAD.

If you'd read it all...

For an EXPERIENCE to change us it must HIT US HARD. Brown says he'll suffer no NEGATIVE effects because all that was cushioned. But he needs to be NEGATIVELY affected to be changed. It's the fear of losing his family that forces the change.

It's basically like when you nearly get run over you feel elated to be alive. It's TEMPORARY. and Brown ADMITS that his dinners with Stephen are about CONTINUING the process, which means augmenting the Anchoring that is keeping Stephen happy. Those dinners will end.

[link]

>>I have maintained a relationship with Steven and continue to ensure that the work was all worth it.
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
So...?
He signed up to become scared that his family were dead or had become infected zombies? No.
Add a Comment: