:iconecolas:
Ecolas Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Should I watch Walking Dead?
Opinions please.
AND
Where can I download the episodes.

Thanks!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconflameguitarcody:
flameguitarcody Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
its a good show first season is amazing 2nd is kinda slow and 3rd 1 is kinda drama packed but is finally looking like its going back to season 1 type action.
:iconchichiluigi:
Chichiluigi Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Artist
You should watch the show; it is really a great show! You can download the episodes on Itunes I think.
:iconmichel-jr:
michel-jr Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
if you love zombies go ahead lol
:iconcakeslayer:
CakeSlayer Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Definitely worth watching, just google it online.
:iconrush-the-chosen-one:
Rush-the-chosen-one Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
YES.
:iconrush-the-chosen-one:
Rush-the-chosen-one Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Why? Just do it, see for yourself!
:iconlilemilou:
LilEmiLou Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Student Filmographer
The Walking Dead's author intended the series to not be about zombie attacks and gore, it's designed to create a relationship between the audience and the charecters and is a demonstration of losing humanity. It's supposed to make us as an audience question, from, what we would do ourselves in the situation, to if we appreciate our everyday lives enough, as well as allowing the audience to compare their material items to actual neccesities.
I really like the series, but I'm more a fan of the comics =) I do agree that the series doesn't portray the original message well enough to not have to balance that out, but with having read the comics, I can fill in the gaps in the series, so It's better if you've read the comics first =)
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
The 1st season is fantastic. The 2nd and 3rd season goes downhill but it's still good.
:iconmichel-jr:
michel-jr Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i second that ^^
:iconx666nightmare666x:
x666NiGhTmArE666x Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
"The Walking Dead" is great series. I love how it shows the reactions to the Zombie Apocalypse. It seems pretty realistic, but it does sometimes seem like it just goes over the top, which makes it seem like a fantasy. Plus, it seems like it reuses some things, such as the newest episode. I wish they would go in greater detail to fix up the characters and the emotion to make the scenes stronger. Otherwise, I love the show.
:iconberlioz-ii:
Berlioz-II Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Personally I find the series very tedious. The premise is good enough and the scenes where masses of zombies attack are often quite exciting and suspenseful. Unfortunately these tend to be few and far between and the grand majority of the cast is horribly annoying. They continuously blunder about making dumb decisions, fight a lot amongst themselves, test the patience of even the most patient of people, and the dumb love triangle that underlines the three main characters for the whole of the first two seasons is painful to watch. If the series was edited down to just the zombie attacks, then it'd be much better. It's just those damn people... Rarely do I wish that the entire cast of characters in a TV series faces a horribly bloody death quite as much as with The Walking Dead.

Note, however, I've only seen the first two seasons, so I don't know what happens in Season 3. Based on the final episode of the second season, though, it seems to be getting just sillier and sillier. That's my take on it.
:iconm-j-gagne:
M-J-Gagne Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Is that basically what the show consists of?- zombie attacks and relationship drama. I have never been a fan of the Zombie genre because most of it is just kill/run from flesh eating zombies. They offer little else. The exception, for me, is the Resident Evil movies that offer a bit more of a storyline. I like shows with mysteries that get slowly unraveled as you go through each episode/season.
Berlioz-II Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
Basically yeah. The main trio of characters are a sheriff, his deputy, and the sheriff's wife. After the sheriff is left behind in a coma, the wife hooks up with the deputy, only for the sheriff to wake up and come back to her. Boom! The game is set, which is not helped that she tries to keep her other fling a secret from her husband, nor when later on it is revealed that the wife is pregnant to the deputy. It's really soap opera quality interaction throughout.

And it's not helped by the rest of the rag-tag group doing little else of signifigance outside of a lot of small time bickering amongst themselves amid fending off random zombie hordes that appear on occasion to add a little spice. Take this one woman who spends an inordinate amount of time moaning about wanting a gun and not being given one, and once she actually is entrusted with one, one of the first things she does is shoots one of their own people by accident! :facepalm:

Sure the series has good production values, but the characters are a wholly unsympathetic lot that I personally couldn't either relate nor root for, and whenever one of them ended up falling victim to a zombie, it was actually a relief. But I don't know, lots of people seem to really dig this series, and all power to them, but I don't see anything all that much to get excited about outside of the zombie attacks... which are not as frequent as one might think.
:iconfngrscr8dstroui:
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Professional General Artist
Well, I think Glenn, Daryl and Maggie are pretty likable. They're also the only 3 that don't do any internal bickering over b.s (other than Daryl over Sophia).

It's not an awesome show mind you, but it is alright.
:icononeblacksheep:
oneblacksheep Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Those three are probably the only reason I keep watching.
Michonne looks like a promising character too.
:iconfngrscr8dstroui:
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional General Artist
Yeah, she does. I do hope they flesh her out l8r tho, like, actually giving her some sizable dialog. Can't be unwilling to converse all the time xD.
:iconm-j-gagne:
M-J-Gagne Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Ya, that's what I thought.
Yeah, it sure is a pain when actual characters get in the way of stupidity.
Berlioz-II Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
Sarcasm?
Yes
Thanks for sharing you opinion.
I want to see zombie action.
Hopefully I find the other scenes not as annoying.
:iconsheridan-j:
Sheridan-J Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
My dad watches the show. Avid fan. And that is certainly saying something, because he never watches anything that wasn't made after the 60's or doesn't have like... John Wayne in it or involve cowboys or WW2 action :lol:
I say go for it.
Thanks.
Your gallery is great. Love the realism.
:iconsheridan-j:
Sheridan-J Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
You're welcome :aww: I've only seen the first season, so I can also vouch that it is pretty damn good, even if you aren't into the whole Zombie thing anyway!

And thank you for visiting my gallery :D
Add a Comment: