Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 77

2D or 3D Animated Films: Which do you like better and why?

:icont-deines:
t-deines Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Student Filmographer
Asking due to curiosity and a statistics project I'm working on. I study animation and a lot of people (including me almost) believe that 3d has taken over because it's everywhere now, but is that really true?

I ran this as a poll elsewhere and was surprised to find out, not many like 3d!

How about you guys?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcaitybee:
Caitybee Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
3D is certainly taking over and in all honesty, it hurts my eyes! Especially when now they put 2 hour movies into 3D like Harry Potter, which is a killer on your eyes having to focus that much. Some movies now are available only in 3D which bothers me since it's 3$ more for a ticket, and I just would really prefer 2D since the movie would get it's purpose across with 3D or not to me. The one movie I thought was absolutely amazing with 3D and couldn't be seen any other way was Life of Pi. Cleverly filmed to support 3D effects without overwhelming the eyes, and it was beautiful, made the whole movie seem to come to life.
:iconganunba-questionmark:
I like it when they're used together.

Take the film Spirited Away, it uses it effectively despite being simple. The 2-D/3-D look of the film would have you go, "LOOK AT THE DETAILS!"
:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
2d animation. I think 3d animation has yet to be perfected. Also, I feel much less connected to the art direction while I'm watching a 3d animated film.
:iconthespiderfrommars:
TheSpiderFromMars Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
2D!! 2D!! 2D!!

I think it's so much more heart to a movie that's been handdrawn. It affects me more, and they are way more beautiful than 3D animated movies. I really can't believe why most film makers dismiss the 2D movies these days. I mean, there IS a market for it.
:iconrontall22:
rontall22 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
I like 2d movies, as compared to the movies 3d movies. Because 2d movies actually keep, us in the same atmosphere as that in the comics.The touch that comics have with 2D movies ,is amazing.

But as the 3D movies are taking the animation market all over the world , there are only few people which are keeping alive the 2D movie feel in our life.
:iconrontall22:
rontall22 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
The whole talk on animation movies is great.
:icondarklittle1:
darklittle1 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
I like how realistic 3d can be and has more depth, but I also love how expressive 2d is and how there is more movement. By the way, there is a new Pixar short that combines the two that is absolutely amazing called Paperman!!!!! Just had to say
:icononceuponanight23:
OnceUponANight23 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
2D. I love Classics
:iconhowlingwolf246:
Howlingwolf246 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
3D is cool I like it sometimes. It seems to give me headaches though sometimes... and for that reason I'll say 2D is better.
:iconnotbenamed:
Notbenamed Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
2d just has that unmatchable charm about it.
I mean, 3d can have better details, but, 2d just has this style, and.....
Both types are good, but I like 2d a little better.
Add a Comment: