Bronies' opinion on G4 MLP Toys

I'm 14 years old & I'm thinking about buying a $43 plush Fluttershy from Amazon.com for my birthday which is in January with a $50 or a couple of $25 Amazon.com gift cards, I MAY GET for Christmas.

I'm curious to know if there are ANY bronies who buy the MLP: FiM toys, PERSONALLY when I buy toys based on movies and TV shows (Star Trek, Aliens, Godzilla etc.) I tend to go with the ones that are the MOST ACCURATE to the REAL DEAL.

Any thoughts on this?
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I thought you were 16
Oops, I mistyped that! :blush:
Although I love the show, I try not to spend too much money on the MLP toys. Let's be serious. It's hard to justify spending a large sum of money (Collectively) on something I will rarely touch. I have a small collection of ponies I find on clearance from time to time, but that's it. (But we're talking maybe $150's worth of pony toys for about $40) I will admit I go a bit hog wild over the McDonald's toys, but I did this for cute McDonald's toys long before MLP:FIM. I have a collection of the 2007 toys, sadly, they're mostly the same pony. I kept trying though! Haha. I'm also a sucker for the super hero toys. ;w; Right now they have Young Justice toys at McDonald's. I wanted me a Robin SOOO bad. Turns out they're crappy skateboards. My hopes and dreams are shattered. YJ Robin is so cute. I've never seen the show, nor do I know what channel it plays on. Haha.

Most decently priced MLP plushes are painful to look at. I checked amazon. The one I assume you are looking at is tolerable for the price, but I'd personally couldn't spend the money. Her wings are too close, and it would drive me insane. Sadly, a near perfect fanmade one would cost $200+. :roll: I tell ya. If I knew how to use a sewing machine, I'd get in on this cash flow myself.

Rather tempted to hunt me down one of those Hot Topic Derpy toys though. She's too cute not to buy. Quite accurate too. The Hot topic Rainbow is tempting too. There aren't enough hard hair, accurate MLP figures.

If we are talking accurate, I don't think I would own a single MLP toy. Although I understand the appeal of a brushable mane and tail for young children, I think it takes away from the accuracy. Though, I have to admit I own Cupcake that came with the pet. I realize she's just a Fluttershy clone who's made to sell extra toys, but she's just so beautiful. (Plus, she was on clearance and only cost me $2) This brings me back to the Rainbow and Derpy from Hottopic. They're just so.. perfect. It's really hard for me to say no. Hard hair, accurate color AND cutie mark? :icontakemymoneyplz:

All the Twilight Sparkle Plushies (Pinkie, and Rainbow alike) are laughable. And frankly, I don't care how much of a fan you are, unless you are a little girl who sees the world through rose colored glasses, you shouldn't waste the money. :|

Now, again. That somewhat accurate Fluttershy you're looking on that is for sale on amazon (Though doesn't appear to be an official Hasbro product) isn't terribly quality for the price. If your heart is set on a plush, it's a good place to start.

;w; You know what would be nice? A tiny size accurate spike that stands on two legs, and not four, like he's some dog.

Sorry I jump all over the place with my comments on the matter!
WAIT......Hot Topic has MLP:FiM TOYS?! :jawdrop:
Yes, I think they're these here. [link]
LOL. I think they're about 15$?
There's a Hot Topic store at the mall that's near my house, I HOPE TO GOD they have them!
Right now they just have Dash and Derpy, to my knowledge. If that store doesn't have them, Barnes N Nobel also carries Funko stuff. :3
View all replies
I think it's totally disgusting.

The fact you'd even consider spending that much on a fucking plush toy simply isn't right.