What are your holiday movies that you have to watch every year?

For example:
Halloween: Shaun of the Dead, Ghostbusters, Tucker and Dale vs Evil, Transylvania 65000
Christmas: Christmas Vacation, Hogfather, The Year Without a Santa Claus
Valentine's Day: The Princess Bride
Comments29
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Christmas: The Nightmare before Christmas and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Halloween: ALL THE SCARY MOVIES!!! (Heck, I watch them year round. XD)

Hogfather and The Color of Magic are probably going to be my new Christmas movies, now, though, lmao. Both are hilarious. Hogfather's really deep, though, at points. I thought it was pretty...well...ballsy for it to say the things it was saying at certain points.
Halloween: Nightmare Before Christmas, Night of the Demons, Gegege no Kitaro, Killer Pad
Thanksgiving: Great Yokai War, Inuyasha movies, Karate Kid 2, The Thanksgiving That Almost Wasn't, Tenchi Muyo
Christmas: Sailor Moon: Hearts in Ice, Home Alone, Holiday Wishes, Grinch (both versions), Santa's Slay, Bleach: Diamond Dust Rebellion, A Christmas Carol (Jim Carrey version), Super Mario Christmas specials, Lifetime and Hallmark holiday specials, Ranma 1/2 Christmas
Halloween:
A bunch of random horror movies from my collection

Christmas:
Frosty the Snowman and Frosty Returns, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both the original animated version and the Jim Carrey version),the stop-motion Rankin-Bass classics, The Nightmare before Christmas, A Year without a Santa Claus, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol

Valentine's Day:
Corpse Bride (one of the few romances I actually like XD)

I also watch the first few episodes of Futurama on New Year's Eve.
Christmas: Home Alone
Just Christmas: Jim Carey's How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I could almost quote some of the scenes perfectly from it now.
Halloween: Garfield's Halloween Adventure
Thanksgiving: Garfield's Thanksgiving
Christmas: A Garfield Christmas, the old Rankin-Bass Christmas classics
the movies I must watch are:

Halloween: The Thing, Scooby Doo: Witch's Ghost and Zombie Island
Thanksgiving: Home for the Holidays
Christmas: always open, typically new things I found to watch and Bah Humducks
Halloween: Pretty much anything that's scary and of interest to me. xD I don't have any one movie in particular. This year happened to be the Alien trilogy. :>

Thanksgiving: That one Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special.

Christmas: Any of those movies played on ABC Family, A Christmas Story, etc.
I know it has absolutely nothing to do with the holiday itself but I think I've watched The Lord of the Rings trilogy every Christmas since those movies came out. The whole holiday just doesn't feel right without them anymore... :XD:
:giggle: I can see that.
Christmas- Elf, Hogfather (although that can be seen any time of year guilt free)
Halloween- Coraline, The Nightmare Before Christmas

And although it's not a holiday, if any of my friends have a sleepover, we always watch Mean Girls.
Easter: Hank and Mike
Christmas: Home Alone 1 & 2, 10th Kingdom.
I think that's it.
Well, I like to watch the original Miracle on 34th Street, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Scrooge (the Albert Finny musical) for Christmas.
I also watch The Best Years of Our Lives on New Years Day because that's when the networks in my area used to air it and it's a habit.
Halloween? The networks usually accommodate me no matter what with Shaun of the Dead, but I throw in The Others and, this year, saw and enjoyed The Mist, so I wouldn't mind seeing it on next Halloween -- though it might remind me too much of what happened this year, now that I think on it.
Halloween:
The Crow, Scary Movie 3, Nightmare Before Christmas

Christmas/Hanukkah:
8 Crazy Nights, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon), A Christmas Story, Rudolph, and most important, Muppet Christmas Carol.

New Years Eve:
Random movie that my friends or sister spick out, or "Labyrinth" as a default. Why "Labyrinth?" Because New Years is such a small, bland holiday, that the only item I can really associate with it's "theme" is glitter.

Thanksgiving:
South Park Thanksgiving special, "Starvin' Marvin." Giant man-eating turkeys are the only thing I look forward to on this dull commercial break between Halloween and the Winter Holidays.

Passover:
The 10 Commandments, on TV (oddly, I've never seen it from start to finish, though)
And the Rugratz Passover special, if I can get a hold of it

July 4th:
A few song numbers from 1776 when it airs on TV. I watched in the full way through once in class, at age 11, and to this day find it quite funny.
Definitely A Christmas Story. That one never gets old. Did ya heat about the "official" sequel that's out?

And Nightmare before Christmas, even though it's also a Halloween movie.
They just came out with a Direct-to-video sequel.
For Christmas my family has to watch Elf, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Christmas Story.
I dunno. We just watch whatever's on TV I guess. :lol:
It's always been that way!
Halloween: Halloween(1978), Trick R Treat, and Beetlejuice
Christmas: A Christmas Story, Nightmare Before Christmas, Christmas Vacation, and Gremlins