World War Z

Well... Yeah it's pretty much self explanatory.

I know a direct adaption of the book wouldn't have made a good film, but still, it looks like they're botching a perfectly good work.
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well they got the zombies wrong. Part of what made the book scary, for me, was the slow way they spread. They didn't run, they just marched steadily on through whatever defences the survivors could put up. Just this relentless plague spreading everywhere.
looks awesome to me and fun =P
Well, I think zombie movies are pretty cool and all, but when I saw the trailer...I was disapointed ...the zombies looked more like a pile of insects or something O.o, one big cgi fest....I kinda hope that will not be the end product, because I heard this is going to be the most expensive zombie movie ever? :lmao:......so I think my expectations were a little too high :XD:
I'm waiting for more trailers to make an opinion. It's iffy for sure, the big wave of zombies is interesting but the whole action/zombie thing doesn't bode well with me. Not many films like that have been very good IMO. Would've been nice if it had been adapted to tv instead, having each episode being a story from the book and the finale being the interviewer's story.
Honestly, the interview format of the book would have been the only thing to set the movie apart from every other mediocre movie released during this Zombie fad. It looks like it's going to be a very shallow film with lots of action - retaining the name of the book and nothing else.
I've NEVER read the book but from the looks of the trailer, it looks like it's going to be ALOT like the Tom Cruise/Steven Spielberg "War of The Worlds" adaptation from 2005 with a father trying to protect his family from zombies instead of Martians and their Tripods

Look at both film's trailers and TELL ME THEY DON'T LOOK ALIKE

World War Z trailer [link]

War Of The Worlds trailer [link]
Yeah. What's up with the massive wave of zombies on the freeway? It's like they looks at the book and forgot how to read -.-
They didn't even get it right with the type of zombies they used,
From memory the book had shamblers, the trailer looked like some weird combination of I am Legend and 28 days later.
That's right - Max Brooks had a very specific, logical explanation for his stumbler zombies, which was always my favorite take on the mobility of zombies.
It's a shame really :P the book had a lot of potential
I think it would have suited a mini-series style a bit better...but I guess there's already the Walking Dead, not the same, but a similar niche
Saw the trailer. I want to choke on my own intestines. Looks terrible.