Closed to new replies
November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

Favorite Minor Characters

:iconkhoufu:
Khoufu Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
Because they need some love too. Who are YOUR minor/recurring/single-episode characters? Try not to have lots of super popular ones, though, like Q from Star Trek or Discord from MLP:FiM. Try to have more like Kittan from Gurren Lagann or Yaddle in the Star Wars prequel trilogy.

So... who are yours? And feel free to respond to people who have similar interests.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Artist
Stross in Dead Space 2. I realize he also starred in a movie but they should have kept him around longer. He almost fit a sort of scooby doo-ish role in a serious manner and it somehow worked. But then they kill him off... like nearly everyone else.
:iconjak-the-lombax:
Jak-the-Lombax Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Minor characters are the best!

Discord and Derpy Hooves from MLP
Canada and Latvia from Hetalia
Courtney Gears from Ratchet and Clank
Foam Guy from Avatar: TLAB
Rose from Two and a Half Men
Ronald Knox from Black Butler
Marik from Yu-Gi-Oh
Cheren from Pokemon
Tak from Invader Zim

And some others I can't think of at the moment.
Khoufu Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Ooh You like Marik? someone else liked Bakura. I prefer Marik too. I used to have my phone background as Marik posed like he was singing into his rod, a pose often used in YGOTAS Evil Council of Doom for when he speaks.
:iconjak-the-lombax:
Jak-the-Lombax Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh, and Honey the Cat from Sonic the Hedgehog.
:iconytcyberpunk:
YTcyberpunk Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh, I forgot Billy Bones from "Muppet Treasure Island" and the grave digger from "Van Helsing."
I LOVE minor characters! So many of my favorites have tiny, iddy-bitty parts in movies!

- Switch and Mouse from "The Matrix"
- Ugarte (Peter Lorre) from "Casablanca"
- Tonks from "Harry Potter"
- Eddie (Meatloaf) from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"
- The screaming crab-phone from "Cool World"
- Jonah, the cranky boss, from the "Spiderman" movies
- Ensign Ro, Q, Guinan, and...well how about just the entire recurring cast from "Star Trek: The Next Generation." The regular characters were likable (except Wesley), but the recurring ones were much more interesting.
- The two chameleon brothers from "Rocko's Modern Life"
- The angry bread-eating woman from "The Army of Darkness," who says, "Into the pit with those blood-thirsty sons of whores!"
- The sarcastic Irish captain from "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."
- The screaming young lad from "Robin Hood: Men in Tights"
- The mermaids from Disney's "Peter Pan"
- The Mole from "South Park"
- Mr. Air Conditioner from "The Brave Little Toaster"

...........Well I oughtta stop now while I'm ahead.
The recurring Trek characters were interesting because they were mysterious, right?
Not exactly. "Next Gen's" recurring characters were more troubled and conflicted than most of the regulars. "Deep Space Nine" and "Voyager" were the opposite; their recurring characters were likable, but their regulars were more interesting.
Recurring characters are always more mysterious because there's less about them, but since there's so little and usually only one or few aspects are explored, it's easy for a character to seem to be only dark or only conflicted, where the regulars might have a few episodes where they are conflicted or exploring a dark part of their psyche.
:iconmeranda92:
Meranda92 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I love minor characters!
I like Bankotsu [link] from the anime Inuyasha,
Bakura [link] from the anime Yu-Gi-Oh!,
Lock, Shock and Barrel [link] from Nightmare Before Christmas,
I even like Pansy Parkinson [link] and Blaise Zabini [link] from Harry Potter :D
Add a Comment: