Closed to new replies
November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 600

Top and Worst Anime

:iconducatrevel:
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Student Writer
Simple enough. Post your top 5 anime as well as your worst 5 anime. Reasons on why would be awesome. Time to praise and bash anime. Be warned, flame wars may arise.

My Top:
-Baccano
-Cowboy Bebop
-Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
-Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei (The Tatami Galaxy)
-Mushishi

Baccano is a masterfully crafted story. Cowboy Bebop has one of the MUST HEAR soundtracks in anime. Fullmetal Alchemist has minimal plot holes as well as character development for nearly every character. The Tatami Galaxy is an ambitious anime that succeeds. And Mushishi is possibly one of the greatest episodic anime I've seen.

My Worst:
-Mars of Destruction
-Master of the Martial Hearts
-School Days
-Ikki Tousen
-K-On

M.O.D. is horrible on all stages; it's so bad, it'll have you in tears laughing. Master of the Martial Hearts has the worst endings I've seen. School Days is an anime filled with weak characters and a satisfactory but dreadful ending. Ikki Tousen comprises mostly of it involves combat breasts and ass and nothing more. K-On, all fluff without substance.

Let the warring fandoms begin.

Devious Comments

:icondxd:
dxd Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Closed at request of OP.
:iconoverteccentricity:
overteccentricity Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013
Best=
Baccano
Bebop
Brotherhood
Trigun
Geass

(though many others are favourites too)

Not sure about my worst tbh; I'm pretty picky about the anime I choose to watch, so I've come across decidedly little outright bad shows.
:iconpolaroidred:
PolaroidRed Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I haven't seen one person mention ghost in the shell yet!
:icondetective-may:
Detective-May Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Top:

1. Shiki (They did good with hiding the fact the epidemic was actually vampires.)
2. Elfin Lied (It was sad, but I loved how in the story they put how an innnocent person can turn into a serial killer)
3. Hoshi No Kaabii (childhood favourite)
4. Code Geass (Psycho student corrupted by power, something I like to see)
5. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (I had to do a short essay about alchemy in college and well I was obssessed with it, and ended up loving fullmetal because of it. Also the characters, I love them all)

Worst:

1. Fullmetal Alchemist (the original one, I loved the funny episodes but the ending and the idea of how alchemy worked in it didn't make sense. Some of the character's motives in it were terrible and did not make sense either.)
2. Higurashi no Naku Koro (Elfin Lied was violent but this anime had disturbing, sick violence)
3. Yu-Gi-Oh GX (A school that teaches you to play a childrens card game, and the main character is flawless, boo!)
4. Cardfight! Vanguard season 2 (the plot was bad, everybody got a memory wipe so the events of season 1 were forgotten pretty much.)
5. Afro Ninja (I bought it thinking it was going to be hilarious but it wasn't :'( it's very bad of me to hate an anime for this reason but I couldn't think of any other anime I hate.)
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Student Writer
Alright. Uh. This thread was long dead. It was just reincarnated through some weird and unexpected voodoo. So could we ignore this thread and keep it dead. Thank you!
:iconsomedaysakuhin:
SomedaySakuhin Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Professional General Artist
Write an admin in the help desk that you'd like it closed.
They are usually very fast with this. :3
Here you go~ [link]
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Student Writer
Thanks! I'll be sure to close this already. It's been months. I don't have the energy to reply to the same things anymore. XD
:iconsomedaysakuhin:
SomedaySakuhin Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Professional General Artist
It was a neat thread but eveyrthing needs to end at some point, hu? ^^
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Feb 16, 2013  Student Writer
Definitely. Things just need to end sooner or later.
:iconshanalamperouge:
ShanaLamperouge Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Sounds fun!

My favourites.

1. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2. Shakugan No Shana (All three seasons)
3. Wolfs Rain
4. Ouran Highschool Host Club
5. Eden of the east
6. Code Geass R1 and R2 (I know you said 5 but I Can't choose between these last two animes. xD)

I would have added Death Note to the list but it wasn't really the same for me after what happened to L.

My worse...This is a bit tricky because I've liked most things I've watched but I'd say...

1. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

(Saying this however I did not relize the film was a sqeaul to one of the games so the only reason I didn't like it was because I didn't understand what had been happening as I had not played any of the games. xD)

2. Evangelion 1.0 you are (not) alone
3. School Days
4. Loveless
:iconzutara-love-forever:
Zutara-love-forever Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013
I haven't really watched many anime, but whatever.

Best: (in no particular order)
Ouran High School Host Club
Fruits Basket
Toradora!
Angel beats!
The girl who leapt through time
Fullmetal alchemist
Avatar the last airbender (not really an anime but whatever)

There isn't really an anime that I've watched and hated. Though I watched a few minutes of Elfen Lied and just gave up because it was very gruesome and confusing.
:iconshanalamperouge:
ShanaLamperouge Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ah! The girl who Leapt through time. I got given that film as a Chirstmas present. Me and one of my friends are going to watch it ^^ Gald to hear its good!

I Love Fruits Basket and Ouran to ^^
:iconkhoufu:
Khoufu Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013
I haven't watched a lot of anime but here goes:
:boing:

Top 5:

Gurren Lagann - Yours is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Don't believe in yourself, believe in the me that believes in you!. Bro, bro, fight the power. GIGA... DRILL... BREAK!!! + ♥♥♥ for Boota

Code Geass - I, Lelouch vi Britannia, order you: LIVE! Also I ♥ the soundtrack for it. I can't hate Lelouch and I can't hate Suzaku.

Black Butler - Watched all of it this weekend, still need to watch the OVAs. Oh, Grell... Watching that show made me wonder what a soul tastes like, but it's absolutely not the first time I thought about it.

Yu-Gi-Oh Season 0 - Back when dark Yugi actually killed people he didn't like. Good times. Winning with oddball circumstances and the whole show was about different games, the only recurring games were Duel Monsters and Capsule Monsters Chess, and those were only in a few episodes.

Dragonball - It's funny. It's not all about fighting, it's from the 80s and Goku is so naive in the beginning it's ridiculous. It's just hard to find where to watch it when I lose a link.

Worst 3:
Now, I'm not the type to outright hate a show, and one cannot fully appreciate something without recognizing both its strengths and its flaws, and I haven't seen much anime, but there are few non-4K!ds anime that I have a problem with.
:sherlock:

Dragnball Z - Too much fighting. Took so long for Goku to defeat Freeza that for a month or 2 the CW had to show at least 3 episodes each Saturday instead of 1 or 2. So much DBZ it cut out time to watch other shows.

4K!ds Yu-Gi-Oh in general - Too much about card games, little variety. At least in the original, they changed the playing field constantly so it seemed like a different game and they used tactics that can't be done in a conventional card game. If it was less card games and more plot I wouldn't mind as much. I wish I could find abridged versions of them that just took out the unnecessary dueling scenes. Though I ♥ Zexal because Astral and Yuma are amusing and it's so stupid I find it enjoyable. It makes me laugh.
:iconkattobinguplz:

Pokémon - :pokeball: The games and manga are good, though all of it is repetetive to some degree, especially the games. Ash is not good at battling, and his pokémon always go back to being weak when he goes to a new region. In one episode he beats the champion, in the next season Pikachu gets beat up by a Starly.

Then there are all those too-long money-makers that just need to be shot. :mib:
:iconblackrabbit98:
Blackrabbit98 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Writer

FMA Brotherhood [link]
Wolf's Rain [link]
Naruto Shippuden [link]
Robotech [link]

Worst

Deadman Wonderland [link]
Naruto Dubbed [link]
:iconelirox904:
EliroX904 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I loved Robotech as a kid. Wolf's Rain is underrated as hell, and I LOVE FMAB.
I'd switch Deadman Wonderland and Naruto Shippuden on your lists, though.
:iconblackrabbit98:
Blackrabbit98 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
no way, i love shippuden, the characters are all interesting and the fights are great. i couldnt stand deadman wonderland...it was sooooo bad
:iconsniper0092:
Sniper0092 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't really come across bad ones.
I hate DBZ.
I like Naruto, Fate Stay/Night, GunXSword, Tsubasa Chronicles, my fav is Gunslinger Girl.
:iconlorenzoflowers:
LorenzoFlowers Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Favorite Anime Show
Yu Yu Hakusho

Terrible Anime Show
My Ass
Yu Yu Hakusho is one of my favorites, too. I always preferrd it to DBZ.
Plus, it had the greatest English dub in history.
LorenzoFlowers Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I so agree. Fav character was Yuseke, he was the oppistie character of Goku. But, both had the strong desire to train hard and kick ass. Both are great animes.
Kurama was my favorite. His battle strategies were always amazing. Filling the room with a rose's scent to sense Genbu? Saving his mother from a hostage situation using a pebble? Trapping a person with immortality to an eternal nightmare? Yeah, Kurama is awesome.

Plus, he was played by David Hayter (Solid Snake) =D
LorenzoFlowers Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I agree, Kurama always thought things thru before he acted. And it is amazing to know David Hayter played as Kurama (I am shocked). I favored Yuseke because unlike Kurama Yuseke didn't think things through, he just ran into stuff. Of course is probably why the fight lasted longer because he never planned things out. But still, Yuseke was also kinda like Goku. Tough and stupid as hell. Both, Kurama and Yuseke were kool as hell.
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ok, I have to be 100% honest.....ahem.
#1 Favorite ever- Dragon Ball Z (Not the abominations called GT or Kai)Akira Toriyama's work needs no back up statements for it greatness.
#2 Cowboy Bebop- Spikes Voice actor had the character dead on, the lip sync was not a sloppy as some are now....the story kept me watching it till the end with my favorite character being Radical Edward it just made me happy.
#3 Death Note- One of the few that have kept my faith in the new waves of anime alive, A story from the villains point of view was really nice.....(Although some of the voice actors could have been better)
#4 FMA Brotherhood- did not have the weird ending like the first make did. :stare:
#5 Afro Samurai- LOVE it,Ninja-ninja was hilarious! The story kept me into it as well as the fight scenes....I miss that....I still have the movies and everything!

-Bad list-

#1 Dragon Ball GT- How dare you twats take something so great and rape it in the butt! With dumb characters and more sayan fusion shit!
#2 One piece ......300+ episode of dumb-fuckary that gets off of the story so many times in one episode it makes me cry for the people who enjoy the shit....
#3 Panty and Stocking with Garderbelt- uggggghhhhhhhh....While I watched it I felt as it MLP met Power Puff Girls and had a autistic baby that tried to seduce me with animated hookers that fought a shit monster....badly written....however I have the music and that is the only credit I give it.
#4 Hetalia- I don't care if you have huge fandom, GTFO and never return! Rasit bastards, I am surprised this show did not cause all out nuclear war over the subtle undertones! Not even a smile came out of me when I watched a episode! Not funny ! I don't to see anymore of it thank you!
#5 Naruto- Shonen Jumps #1 cash cow....let it die! It's a money maker I know but damn! (I could make a paper or a book on all the filler it has too!)

Ok...
I enjoy many more and dislike Many more...but this will do for now.
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
One Piece's manga is a shounen masterpiece. If you don't like filler, don't watch long anime.
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
My Best:
Redline
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Robotech - Macross Saga
Tekkaman Blade
Fist of the North Star

My worst:
Sonic X
Transformers: Energon
Beyblade
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
Lol, Beyblade. I completely forgot about how bad that show was.
:iconbogrune:
Bogrune Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
My Best:
Gensomaden Saiyuki
Soul Eater
Saint Seiya
Zatch Bell
Elfen Lied

My Worst:
Legendz- Tale of the Dragon Kings (Liked it a bit, but it just seemed pretty corny)
Naruto
EliroX904 Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Top 10 (Best-to-least best)

10. Fist of the North Star
9. Berserk
8. Gurren Lagann
7. Soul Eater
6. Gungrave Beyond the Grave
5. Yu Yu Hakusho
4. Trigun
3. Death Note
2. Cowboy Bebop
1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Top 10 worst:

10. Inuyasha
9. Naruto Shippuden
8. Pokemon
7. Yu-Gi-Oh GX
6. Final Fantasy Unlimited
5. Dragon Ball GT
4. Elfen Lied
3. Bakugan
2. Yosuga no Sora
1. School Days
:iconvrcooke:
VRCooke Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Current Top:

-One Piece
-Air Gear
-Deadman Wonderland
-Naruto
-Psycho-Pass

I don't really have a worst list. Though Air Master was a little weird for me.
:iconmagmal0rd:
magmal0rd Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Dragon half has to be the worst anime I have ever seen.
:iconvashneo28:
vashneo28 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist
Hi im new here at devianart you can visit my gallery at [link] much appreciate if you have fav and comments thank you dear... NARUTO CHARACTERS
:icondemon-mau:
Demon-Mau Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
:iconyaytonyplz:
Favorites:
-D. Gray Man
-Durarara
-Hetalia
-Black Butler
-Soul Eater
-Elfen Lied
Least Favorite
-Naruto
-OHSHC
-One Piece
-Blassreiter
-Pokemon
The only one on that list that I truly cannot stand to watch is One Piece. I've got no problem with Naruto, they just made way to many filler episodes after the anime caught up with the manga.
:iconcherubas:
Cherubas Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Out of the ones I've seen, my favorites in order of favorite to least favorite would be:

1. Mirai Nikki (only anime I've enjoyed entirely from start to finish without ever changing my mind)
2. DBZ (my childhood, everyone who likes action anime likes DBZ at some point, it's okay to admit it)
3. Sword Art Online
4. Neon Genesis (until the death of kaworu, not because I'm a fan of him but because at that point the story takes a hard right turn and goes into wtf mode)
5. Naruto (until the end of the sasuke/itachi battle, after that I feel the series starts to nosedive and has yet to recover)
6. Soul Eater (Only the parts with Black Star, and only until Maka's moment of ultimate badassery, which almost made me like her a lot, is cancelled by her "waking up")
7. D. Gray-Man
8. Needless (not the best plot or anything, but it consistently makes me laugh and some of the things in it are similar to stuff I've put in my own series)

My least favorites of what I've seen, in order from most hated to hated a little less:

1. Gurren Lagann (got told by SO many people it was the greatest anime ever, watched 21 or so episodes telling myself "any second it'll get good", it never did)
2. One Piece (another that was hyped up by friends, this series has pretty much NO normal characters, everyone is exaggerated to the point of being annoying)
3. Hunter x Hunter (I actually liked this series for a while, but after 30 episodes of Killua's "fighting is boring cause I always win" attitude and him flicking people across the room without getting touched, guess what, this anime is boring cause Killua always wins unless he doesn't fight)
4. Hetalia (a friend of mine tried to convince me it was funny, the funniest part though was my friend's reaction to everyone in the room hating it after he showed us)
5. Fairy Tail (oh hi One Piece with different hair colors...)
6. Lupin III (to be fair, I don't hate the plot or the characters, but the art style bothers me enough not to watch it)
7. Baccano (my first exposure to Baccano was a clip of a boy being murdered, instantly i thought "this anime has balls, they went where few dare to tread, i respect them for that", so i sought out the series and in the first episode found out there was some sort of reincarnation plot, meaning that the boy's death is probably undone within minutes of it occurring, making it pointless and much less ballsy, for misleading me it makes this list)
8. Fate/Zero (I want to keep the lists even and this was another one that came highly recommended, this one for its awesomely smooth animation, and then didn't deliver)
To each there own. I've seen lots of Naruto fans and lots of Naruto haters because it got too long. That's one good thing about anime when they start calling it a different name after a certain season, so you can more easily hate on a certain part of the show and like a certain other part.

Same with One Piece. Personally I've never watched either so I can't judge them but I always heard good things about One Piece until I discovered people's opinions on the internet.

Now, Gurren Lagann I can judge. It is my favorite, but for one to fully appreciate something they must first understand why some people won't like it and some people will. It was one of my first anime, I watched it last summer and it kept me amused when I was bored. The characters made me laugh and it made lazy bums like my and my boyfriend feel like we should get off our respective butts and do something worthwhile. But, while rewatching it, I see that it probably wasn't 'all that' and easily can't be 'all that' for everyone. Only once before have I seen someone put down Gurren Lagann. The other person said it relied too heavily on the robots and had little character development. At least it was short.
Cherubas Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I admit I'm not big on robots, but robots alone aren't the reason I dislike Gurren Lagann (Evangelion is a robot anime but I still found it to be great up to... Y'know... The point where it tries to make a philosophical point or something).

Here are the reasons I dislike Gurren Lagann (in no particular order):

1. I don't feel like Simon progresses much as a character. He starts out as kind of a whiny wuss and has several points in the early episodes where it LOOKS like he's about to overcome his fear and become a braver person, but by the next episode he's once again whiny and looking to Kamina for answers. Even after the timeskip, while he does seem a little less whiny and scared, he doesn't seem like a badass or a true leader or any serious form of inspiring character to me. He still seems to be looking to Kamina's ghost for answers rather than trying to be his own person and forge his own path.

2. Kamina. The braggy jerk role can be done well, I've liked my share of them, but I never really understand what Kamina stands for. And so much of what he says confuses and annoys me. The drill that will pierce the heavens? Let's see you grit those teeth? When Kamina discovered his father was dead and had his dramatic moment, that was easily the peak of this series for me. I honestly thought I had misjudged it and all the nonsensical weird statements and over the top characters were going to be dialed back to allow a solid drama plot to unfold, but by the next episode Kamina was spouting nonsense again.

3. Simon and his wife's whole relationship is one of those "hey, I know I met you fifteen minutes ago, but I noticed your gender is the opposite of mine. I think we're destined to be a couple" relationships. I never get the sense that they get to know each other and fall in love, they just rush right into it. Those kind of relationships form in real life when two people are either really broken and desperate or extremely horny (or possibly a combination of the two), but I didn't get that vibe from either of them. Even if I had, THOSE kind of relationships are never the kind where you'd fight an entire planet for someone (unless, again, you're really really mentally disturbed or the very definition of a sex addict). Bottom line, I don't buy their relationship having any true meaning whatsoever.

4. The humor doesn't appeal to me. I can say in total honesty that over the course of the 21 or 23 episodes that I watched (I don't remember how many, I stopped when Simon quoted the teeth grit line and punched suicide guy in the face) I never laughed at this anime. I could tell they were trying, but it just wasn't my kind of humor. The fact that they tried so hard with a sense of humor that I just didn't like made it feel like some annoying person telling the same joke 13 times in a row cause they don't think you got the punchline yet. So some characters that embodied this type of humor (such as Attenborough Cortitch, whose name I had to spend a few minutes googling) became particularly annoying.

5. On the note of characters, none felt particularly relatable. They all seemed to have one defining characteristic which they based the rest of their personality on so intensely that they were each basically "the goofy _____ guy". None of them felt like someone I'd want to spend 15 seconds in a room with, let alone someone whose problems and desires I can empathize with, someone I could root for. Yoko was the closest thing to a sane, non-boring, non-irritating character for me but unfortunately she was not captivating enough to carry the series for me the way Black Star did when I watched Soul Eater.

I think it's just a matter of taste though. I'm well aware that Gurren Lagann is very very popular (that's the entire reason I chose to watch it in the first place, because it came so highly recommended by virtually everyone). Plus I know that first animes can seem way more awesome than they actually are (I'll always remember DBZ as one of the most impressive hand-to-hand combat series ever, largely because I grew up watching it and it was the first anime I ever watched). I have a friend who says Gurren Lagann is the greatest anime ever, and he hates when I bash it, but I just don't think it's the anime for me. XD
Wow, that's a very respectable argument against it, considering how long it is and how much you backed up your statements, which are all completely valid. Yeah, the show is about as funny as Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal or Sonic X, with some lines that people LOVE to quote. I also liked the music enough to look it up randomly to listen to. As far as unrelatability, they tried a very little bit by putting in that episode about Yoko as a schoolteacher, the young boy's idol dies, the boy fights for love for a time, even Kamina's chats with Yoko were pretty normal. It's the kind of anime that some people enjoy because it's not very relatable, because they want to escape from normal human interactions and problems.

As far as Nia and Simon, they had a whole 7 years to bond, she was the first girl who didn't reject him for smelling bad and he's the one who found her, and since he knew Yoko wasn't for him, he needed a girl. For that relationship, it's just like those married couples where neither member of the couple ever dated anyone else because they were friends for awhile before getting romantically involved.
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
One Piece has spectacularly written characters. Although the anime is not remotely as good as the manga, which is one of the best shounen series of all time.
Cherubas Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. It seems to me like all of the characters are made to be zany and over the top to the point that I can't relate to any of them. It's like they took the comic relief role of a standard series and forced every single character into it.
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Then you haven't read very much into the character's. Chopper, the least normal of all of the characters, has one of the most relate-able and well written backstories.
Cherubas Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, I remember back when I was a weird little reindeer thing living amongst humans...

I don't doubt that he "has one of the most relate-able and well written backstories", but that just makes him the shiniest turd in the toilet known as One Piece. The fact that he is this little anthro thing in a world where humans exist already puts him into the stupid zany character category that I hate the whole cast for. He doesn't even have to open his mouth and he's already qualified.

Sorry dude, I have 4 close friends who swear by this series so I promise you're not the first person to try to convince me how great One Piece is, but it's simply not going to happen. It's fine for you to like the series, clearly it appeals to your tastes and that's great, but it simply doesn't appeal to mine. The art, the characters, the writing, even then voice acting (and yes, I've seen it subbed and dubbed), there's simply nothing I like about this series at all.
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Writer
I really have to bite my tongue with this. I should really, really fix the OP to make it clear that this is not a "favorites" list but a list for what anime do you firmly believe to be the best and the worst. Bias has nothing to do with this list.

I know people who don't like Baccano, Fate/Zero, and TTGL. I know where they are coming from. If they dislike it, I don't mind. I also know people who like SAO. I don't really care if they do or do not. But to think that SAO is a better anime than Baccano is a joke. I don't think I have the energy to defend something that doesn't need defending.
Cherubas Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You basically just said you don't have the energy to do something that doesn't need to be done. How does that work?

"Post your top 5 anime as well as your worst 5 anime. Reasons on why would be awesome. Time to praise and bash anime. Be warned, flame wars may arise."

Granted, I completely missed the 5 and made my list too big, but this is my honest opinion. I found SAO very entertaining and really liked the art style, meanwhile I felt the opposite of Baccano. You said you don't mind people liking SAO and you don't mind people hating Baccano, so why are you being a hypocrite now?
The point is, I don't care about what people like. I care about what people think is good.
And I told you what I think is good... Isn't that the point of these lists?
It is. And now that it is addressed as a matter of quality, I can tell you that it is not good. It's silly to think SAO is good and Baccano is bad. SAO's plotting is sloppy. Take the time skips for example. Kirito gets godly good off-screen. That's cheating the plot. It's a cheap trick that helps solve all the plot holes of the shoddy scripting. Plus it's a harem. Not a well set up harem either. The romance is forced and is utilized only as a plot device. The characterization isn't any better. Kirito isn't an outstanding lead. He's the standard action lead with a harem. Asuna is trash as well. They take the mysterious girl character and transform her into a tsundere-waifu. And don't let me get started on Kirito's cousin. That chick is illogical and has "forced-drama" written all over her. I'll give it this much though; the animation is standard. Gets the job done. And the music is really good. A musical score like that is a waste on a poorly written show like SAO.
Your OPINION is duly noted. Unfortunately no matter what you try to state to support it, the fact remains that I have, with my own eyes, seen both shows. This means that no matter what spin you put on it, I already know what's there, I already know Baccano is boring, I already know SAO has better art, I already know that the argument you're so passionately fighting for (which is actually really funny how worked up you're getting over it) is complete garbage. I hate to be the one to tell you this but your opinion is not the word of God. I'm going to continue to like what I like no matter how much you disapprove. Why? Because it's entertaining where Baccano is not. If you can't handle other people's opinions my advice would be not to ask for them. ;)
This is the current thorn in the world of criticism. People who believe their opinion are right without expounding any ground of defense. Opinions can be wrong. I could be wrong if proven so. But you didn't prove me wrong. You're just pushing my words away in denial and arrogance. I never wanted to change what you liked. What gave you a crazy idea like that? I just wanted to show what's good and what's not. But as you are unwilling to accept any criticism on this, I'll stop trying to convince you. Instead, I'm trying to convince anyone with enough time to read this thread. To those few who read this, judge for yourselves. Cause that's the point of an argument, to prove a side right. And my side isn't wrong this time.
(1 Reply)
:icontekel2001:
tekel2001 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Which I liked most, with no particular order:

* Mirai Shonen Konan (Conan the Futureboy)
* Mushishi
* Serial Experiments Lain
* Kino No Tabi (Kino's Journey)
* Cowboy Bebop
* One Piece
DucatRevel Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student Writer
I like your taste. Mushishi is a great anime. I also loved the second to the last episode of Kino's Journey.
:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
When you say anime, do you mean movies AND tv? Or just anime tv series?
Add a Comment: