Closed to new replies
November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 600

Top and Worst Anime

:iconducatrevel:
DucatRevel Nov 6, 2012  Student Writer
Simple enough. Post your top 5 anime as well as your worst 5 anime. Reasons on why would be awesome. Time to praise and bash anime. Be warned, flame wars may arise.

My Top:
-Baccano
-Cowboy Bebop
-Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
-Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei (The Tatami Galaxy)
-Mushishi

Baccano is a masterfully crafted story. Cowboy Bebop has one of the MUST HEAR soundtracks in anime. Fullmetal Alchemist has minimal plot holes as well as character development for nearly every character. The Tatami Galaxy is an ambitious anime that succeeds. And Mushishi is possibly one of the greatest episodic anime I've seen.

My Worst:
-Mars of Destruction
-Master of the Martial Hearts
-School Days
-Ikki Tousen
-K-On

M.O.D. is horrible on all stages; it's so bad, it'll have you in tears laughing. Master of the Martial Hearts has the worst endings I've seen. School Days is an anime filled with weak characters and a satisfactory but dreadful ending. Ikki Tousen comprises mostly of it involves combat breasts and ass and nothing more. K-On, all fluff without substance.

Let the warring fandoms begin.

Devious Comments

:icondxd:
dxd Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Closed at request of OP.
:iconoverteccentricity:
Best=
Baccano
Bebop
Brotherhood
Trigun
Geass

(though many others are favourites too)

Not sure about my worst tbh; I'm pretty picky about the anime I choose to watch, so I've come across decidedly little outright bad shows.
:iconpolaroidred:
PolaroidRed Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I haven't seen one person mention ghost in the shell yet!
:icondetective-may:
Detective-May Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Top:

1. Shiki (They did good with hiding the fact the epidemic was actually vampires.)
2. Elfin Lied (It was sad, but I loved how in the story they put how an innnocent person can turn into a serial killer)
3. Hoshi No Kaabii (childhood favourite)
4. Code Geass (Psycho student corrupted by power, something I like to see)
5. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (I had to do a short essay about alchemy in college and well I was obssessed with it, and ended up loving fullmetal because of it. Also the characters, I love them all)

Worst:

1. Fullmetal Alchemist (the original one, I loved the funny episodes but the ending and the idea of how alchemy worked in it didn't make sense. Some of the character's motives in it were terrible and did not make sense either.)
2. Higurashi no Naku Koro (Elfin Lied was violent but this anime had disturbing, sick violence)
3. Yu-Gi-Oh GX (A school that teaches you to play a childrens card game, and the main character is flawless, boo!)
4. Cardfight! Vanguard season 2 (the plot was bad, everybody got a memory wipe so the events of season 1 were forgotten pretty much.)
5. Afro Ninja (I bought it thinking it was going to be hilarious but it wasn't :'( it's very bad of me to hate an anime for this reason but I couldn't think of any other anime I hate.)
DucatRevel Feb 13, 2013  Student Writer
Alright. Uh. This thread was long dead. It was just reincarnated through some weird and unexpected voodoo. So could we ignore this thread and keep it dead. Thank you!
:iconsomedaysakuhin:
SomedaySakuhin Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Write an admin in the help desk that you'd like it closed.
They are usually very fast with this. :3
Here you go~ [link]
DucatRevel Feb 16, 2013  Student Writer
Thanks! I'll be sure to close this already. It's been months. I don't have the energy to reply to the same things anymore. XD
:iconsomedaysakuhin:
SomedaySakuhin Feb 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It was a neat thread but eveyrthing needs to end at some point, hu? ^^
DucatRevel Feb 16, 2013  Student Writer
Definitely. Things just need to end sooner or later.
:iconshanalamperouge:
ShanaLamperouge Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Sounds fun!

My favourites.

1. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2. Shakugan No Shana (All three seasons)
3. Wolfs Rain
4. Ouran Highschool Host Club
5. Eden of the east
6. Code Geass R1 and R2 (I know you said 5 but I Can't choose between these last two animes. xD)

I would have added Death Note to the list but it wasn't really the same for me after what happened to L.

My worse...This is a bit tricky because I've liked most things I've watched but I'd say...

1. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

(Saying this however I did not relize the film was a sqeaul to one of the games so the only reason I didn't like it was because I didn't understand what had been happening as I had not played any of the games. xD)

2. Evangelion 1.0 you are (not) alone
3. School Days
4. Loveless
Add a Comment: