Details

Closed to new replies
November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

Farty Towels

Flagged as Spam

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmrshighwind:
MrsHighwind Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I loved the episode where Manuel had the rat named Basil XD XD
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
God, the wife! What a hag.
Flagged as Spam
:iconmonstermaster13:
monstermaster13 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
One of my personal favorite tv shows, period.
:iconvisionoftheworld:
VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Damn I love that show- even though I haven't watched any of the episodes in years. It's from the mid-70s I can't believe people still watching it! Cleese's character Basil is one of the most over-the-top he's probably ever done and easily the favorite. But it's not the supporting cast in the hotel that I like as much as some of the GUESTS who are like the normal people who would stay at any hotel- and how they interact with the insane manager... Mr Hutchinson is probably the best of all of them. The entire exchange between Basil and Hutchinson is so ridiculous and out of control that it easily the funniest episode. I loved how Cleese is literally laughing as he gets beaten up by the short Hutchinson who clearly thinks he's a trophy winning boxer. All the while being witnessed by another guest, who thinks Basil probably needs to see a doctor now? Gasping, Basil saying to him "Oh he loves it here it's his second home!" Truly priceless.
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
...good glob...I :heart: British comedy!!
(so, natrally, i recognized the title as soon as i read it. XD )

My fav character from Fawlty Towers is Basil and Manuel.

My fav British comedies is Mr.Bean and Monty Python.
Flagged as Spam
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
You, you are man-with-beard? :iconmanuelplz:
:iconmangagirl1603:
mangagirl1603 Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yes, I just knew this was a Fawlty Towers thread :iconbooyahplz:

I really like Manuel, because he resembles my dad. I'm sure my dad was a bit like that when he was an Italian stranger among the Glaswegians. Polly can also be quite witty. And some of the remarks Basil makes are just too good. If I had to choose a least favourite I'd say the Major, he gets on my nerves but I don't know why.

What's your favourite episode? Mine is definitely the one with the rude woman with the hearing aid.
Flagged as Spam
Add a Comment: