My Little Pony: Yay or Neigh?

I posted this topic in a forum on a different website and got a good response.
What I want to know is what the people of DeviantART think about My Little Pony.
What do you like about it?
What do you not like about it?
Please be polite! Everyone has a right to their own opinions.

I am for MLP. I think MLP is pretty cool!

/) ?
Comments172
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've never seen the show, so I can't say anything about that (and I do like a lot of cartoons, so I might like it), but I don't think I'd ever get into the fandom. It all just seems a bit too weird for me.
I think you might like it actually. :)
But some of the fandom is really strange...
'neigh'

Nothing against the series or anything, but the whole fandom thing is getting really annoying
The fandom is getting out of control...
Some bronies don't truly understand what I think being a brony is about. Some are just plain obnoxious.
NAY.

...I'm fine with people being fans of something... but Bronies are getting to the point that they'll mod/make fan art of anything in order to claim it. There's a reason we have the phrase "you're taking it too far".
Yeah...

If it exists, there is a ponyfied version of it.
It's like the new Rule 34
And for that, I dislike MLP. Even Syndicate... WHY!
I couldn't get into it, honestly. watched 2 episodes and had an epiphany...
DeviantART probably likes it mainly because it's "cute" o_o

That's just my opinion though. That might not be the case for everybody. I do like, however, how the characters all take on different personalities.
Perhaps it's the fanbase that really bugs me D:<
Oh, I forgot to mention. I absolutely LOVE the music and songs! The music is easily my favorite part of the show.

(BTW, I love your icon and username :D, my username sucks, :XD: I came up with it a few years ago.)
Oh thanks! but yeah I guess one of my reasons is that I just can't really get into it lol. I admit, there are a few things that I like in it haha. I'm just not a hardcore brony (or brony at all haha)
Welcome! ^^
Yeah, My Little Pony isn't for everyone. :)
:shrug:
I don't really like it cuz it's cute.
I think the animation, story, and characters are pretty good.
My Little Pony was made for kids and their parents, so I don't think it's overly cute, but yes, it is cute :aww:
I dont watch the show itself, but i like watching the fan-made animations.
I love it. There's nothing wrong with watching a wholesome animated show, especially if you yourself are an aspiring animator.
When I started watching I found the animation to be much better than I expected. :)
I love My Little Pony. It has some valuable traits that people can learn at any age- not many people haved adopted respectful, considerate traits as the years have gone on.
Most of the episodes do a good job of teaching those traits in an entertaining way, I agree.
MLP is for faggot autistic people.
i love it, i didn't think it would be as easy as it is like a show such as mlp, be in high-school without getting any crap for liking it, AND to be a part of such an awesome fan-base. i think any guy that says its 'gay'or 'stupid' are just to scared to tell the world that they can be sensitive and like something for girls.
Being in high school sucks, everyone is so close-minded.
I don't know why guys are scared about showing their sensitive side or enjoy things that are cute like ponies.