anyone here know or played dragon quest games?

if you don't know what dragon quest is ... its a series popular in japan but not in america (gee that sounds like something else popular in japan but not in america) and im curious if there are any other fans of the dragon quest series (cause i have not found a single fan on DA yet)
Comments22
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Haven't played any other games in the series (although I've seen others play them), but 9 was pretty great.
9 was pretty great!

i will never forget how dumb i was to think mages were healers just because he or see don't remember had a healing spell :XD:
I've played VIII, IX, and Rocket Slime. I love all three.
rocket slime was a really fun game

"stop firing so fast you dark one lucifer whatever you are" what i said in the final boss
meee!! oh dragon quest has become in one of my favorite games I was not a rpg games fan but my aunt gave me on my birthday dragon quest ix but I never played it until these days that I was not busy for the university and finally I could finished the game the last weekend, it took me many hours (aaargh that final boss D: ) but I really had fun with this game. By the way this is the first dragon quest that I have played. Have a nice day n.n 
yeah i had trouble with corvis in IX too manly cause on my first playthrough i throught mages were healers thus didn't have a healer
oh in spanish we call him luzbel xD I had to become a gladiator and buy expensive armors to defeat him I hadn´t had a true battle with a boss in long time jajaja
I played 8, and wasn't thrilled.
really? so why weren't you?
hmm yeah i see what you mean RPGs are usually slow depending on the game

i love 8 but i do see what you mean i throught it was a little slow at times

although i do have a lot of patents with slow RPGs
I love Dragon Quest games, although mainly pre-POS square getting their hands on it(although I definitely want to check out DQ Builders.

Infact back in the day, we got a NES mainly just for Dragon Warrior 1. Dragon Warrior 2 was awesome(although easily one of the hardest games ever made period), DW 3 was a downright masterpiece, DW 4 would have been pretty great too, accept the Japanese were pissed the US got the best version of 3, so they purposely screwed up our version of 4. The original DQ 5 was a trainwreck, and the only meh/bad DQ game(oddly enough Square actually created a great port, that fixed all its issues), DQ 6 was amazing(avoid the shitty remake like the plaque though), DW 7 is the masterpiece of masterpieces, infact I rate it as the single greatest RPG ever made ingeneral, It's that godly.

DQ 8 was a POS, and I just ignored 9's existence(even though from what I can tell, it seems like It's a good game, but between POS 8, and one of the worst games ever made, DQM: Joker, frankly I didn't care)

DWM 1 was awesome, DWM 2 is byfar the best monster capture/training game ever made, DQM Caravan Hearts while shouldn't be treated as a real DQM game, is really important/pretty good, as It's the missing link story wise on what happened to the original DW world after DW 2(it also links DW 7 to the main story, which until then, 1 2, and three is one time span, with 4, 5, and 6 being another, leaving people to wonder where 7 fits in, as 8 has nothing incommon with 7, so it wasn't part of another trilogy), that explains what, and the Torneko games were great as well.
We're here. You just gotta look hard to find us. :icondragonquestfans:
My playing of the series is basically limited to the first two for the NES, and then the Swords game for the Wii.
i never played the first two dragon quest games

the swords game was fun
For me Swords felt like a continuation of the NES games.
You're not missing anything.  Unless spending hours upon hours of whacking the same bats, slime demons, and wizards, only to upgrade your lame equipment and visit the next generic town, all the while dying of utter boredom—wishing the monsters would crawl from your TV screen and eat you, sounds like a fun evening to be had.

The later Dragon Quest games were far more enjoyable.

That may be mostly true for the 1st game(basically the father of the genre afterall, so you really can't complain too much), but the 2nd game in geral is pretty aweasome(although easily one of the hardest games ever created period), and is not like that at all.
yeah the games i played had great storys and characters that made them enjoyable to go through like dragon quest 5

you may be doing the same thing but at least there are a lot of enemies that are different (with a few recolors later on but those are much stronger enemies)
I got Dragon Quest IX on Ds. Great game.
great game it is great game