WEG Star Wars or TSR Marvel Superheroes

I'm an old school gamer, and I am curious if anyone else here has played WEG Star Wars or TSR Marvel Superheroes? 
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I fall into the WEG Star Wars camp; loved that game! If you're intrigued, there are a few groups still dedicated to producing content for it. Check out the Star Wars d6 group on Google+, or Rancorpit.com.
Google+, what that HAHAHAHA!!!!

I might have some of those pdfs!  I love that there are still fans of it and are producing content.  In my last couple years of playing we changed it up to a 6 pip system.  Did you ever try that?  So, instead of 2D+2 and then cresting to 3D, we went 2D+4, 2D+5 and then cresting to 3D.  I really liked it.
The group I was in back in the 90s gave them both a try.  They were both OK although we preferred other games. 

The TSR Marvel game was better than most alternatives that we tried such as Palladium Heroes Unlimited - just nobody was really into super hero gaming (apart from Underground).  I still have a copy of WEG Star Wars around here somewhere and it was better than the later d20 version, although my group preferred MegaTraveller instead.
Fair enough!  I just loved how both systems were simple and you could easily add or take away, but mainly I liked just being able to focus on the story and not get muddled in rules-lawyering 
I'd agree with that - I mostly preferred to GM Paranoia myself!
Never played Marvel but I have played the WEG Star Wars. It's been a long time but I easily preferred it over the WOTC version.
WEG has so many good memories for me!  Please check out my gallery, I have commissioned several pieces based on my old gaming!
What are the acronyms? :|
WEG is West End Games and TSR is Tactical Studies Rules.  Both are more widely know by their acronyms.  TSR created D&D, while I believe the SW RPG is WEG's best selling game.
Ahhh... No, I've not played either. :(