Greatest Video Games That Will NEVER Get Rereleased!

I'm sure most console gamers have downloaded at least one classic game in their time. Everything from Super Mario Bros. to Street Fighter II: Champion Edition to one of the many versions of Pac-Man available on every electronic device known to man.

But the sad truth is that in this era of long-standing game companies going under, being consolidated and independent licenses trading hands, there are a lot of really great classic games that, baring some miracle, will probably never be re-released in any form. And with the price of classic games skyrocketing on the collector's market, those same games will soon vanish into ever-increasing obscurity.

So I'm here to sound off on some of my favorite games that in all probability won't ever be re-released. And I'm going to get this thread started by getting the obvious licensed games out of the way.

Games Based On Comics:
Little Nemo: The Dream Master (NES)
Captain America and the Avengers (Arcade)
Batman (NES)
Batman (Arcade)
Superman (Arcade)
The Adv. of Batman & Robin (SNES)
Batman Returns (SNES)
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu (Gamecube, PS2, Xbox)
Marvel Super Heroes (Arcade)
MSH vs. Street Fighter (Arcade)
Marvel vs. Capcom I & II (Arcade)
The Punisher (Arcade)
Spider-Man: The Video Game (Arcade)
Spider-Man (Dreamcast, Playstation, N64)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
TMNT: Turtles In Time (Arcade)
TMNT III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
X-Men (Arcade)
X-Men 2: The Clone Wars (Genesis)

Games Based On Cartoons:
Animaniacs (SNES/Genesis)
Bucky O'Hare (NES/Arcade)
Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle (NES)
Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers 1 & 2 (NES)
Ducktales 2 (NES)
Darkwing Duck (NES)
Talespin (NES)
Goof Troop (SNES)
Donald Duck's Quackshot (Genesis)
Castle of Illusion (series) starring Mickey Mouse (Genesis)
Disney's Magical Quest (SNES)
Adv. In The Magic Kingdom (NES)
Felix The Cat (NES)
The Simpsons (Arcade)
Tiny Toon Adventures (NES)
TTA: Babs' Big Break (Gameboy)
TTA: Buster Busts Loose (SNES)
The Flintstones: Treasure of Sierra Madrock (SNES)

Games Based On Anime/Manga:
Astro Boy (GBA)
Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure (GBA)
Dragon Ball Z Legends (Saturn/PSX)
Hajime No Ippo Revolution: (Victorious Boxers: Revolutions) (Wii)
Yu Yu Hakusho: Makyo Toisusen (Genesis)

Games based on Movies:
Die Hard Arcade (Arcade/Dreamcast)
Aliens (Arcade)
Alien 3: The Gun (Arcade)
Terminator 2: The Arcade Game (Arcade)
The Super Star Wars trilogy (SNES)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (NES/Game Boy)
Super Back To The Future II (Super Famicom)
Aladdin (SNES/Genesis)
Toy Story (SNES/Genesis)
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie (SNES)
RoboCop (Arcade)
Rocky Legends (PS2)
Ghostbusters (Genesis)
Ghostbusters: The Video Game (PS3/Xbox360)

What other great games of bygone generations, licensed or otherwise, do you predict will never be re-released? Share them all here!
Comments50
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Classic crash bandicoot games.
You'd think Universal, of all people, would be droolling over the nostalgia money like all of the big companies, but nah...
Has anyone made a Half Life 3 joke yet? :P
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 3
Secret Of Mana 2
Klonoa Heroes

CURSE YOU, JAPAN ONLY GAMES!
I would say No Remorse and No Regret from the Crusader series, which really is a shame. 
Fire Emblem: Sword Of Seals.  When Japan got the 7th game, their story came full circle.  When WE got the 7th game, we suddenly see Roy at the end, and think that we're finally gonna get that game Roy is in, only to be tricked with Sacred Stones instead. (That being said, PLAY THAT GAME RIGHT NOW!!  IT'S A MASTERPIECE OF A NINTENDO GAME!!)

But as awesome as Ephriam is (which is very awesome), we all want to know the answer to this question: What happened in Roy's story?  If this game were to be re-released everywhere, officially translated, then I'll be a happy person.  But we all know THAT'S never gonna happen.
Ninja Five-0
Wade Hixton's Counter Punch
.VS Super Mario Bros.
An arcade perfect port of Donkey Kong
Earthworm Jim: Special Edition
I keep hoping that Nintendo will re release the original SNES Starfox on their virtual console but they never seem to do. Also apart from that Shadow Dragon rerelease on the DS, the Classic Fire Emblem Games pre Blazing Sword never got rereleased over here. 
Bioforge
Blast Corps
Crash Bandicoot
The Lion King
Shemnue
That's always the problem with licensed games. They're so ephemeral.
Rockin' Kats
Little Samson
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
MoCap Boxing
Mario Paint
Mike Tyson's Punch Out! (The version that actually has Tyson in it)
Oh this is a easy one:

Shenmue 2

Even a brain dead person is smart enough to know, releasing this, as well as the first game, is easy money, so you maybe asking why wont it get rereleased then?

Sega=enough said

Sega is the only company, that doesn't like money, they wouldn't even let/sell someone the rights to localize 7th Dragon, and literally everyone wanted to bring that over, yet Sega adamantly refused to allow anyone to do so.

So um yea, It's not going to happen.
I dunno. Capcom could give them a run for their money.
They're the ones who released Resident Evil games on the GameCube and Megaman/Street Fighter games on the PS2. Talk about knowing your audience.
Plus there's no Megaman 9 or10 available for current generation game consoles. You'd think a company so desperate for cash would re-release it say... on the recent Megaman Legacy Collection? Not a chance! Maybe port Ultra Street Fighter IV to the Wii U? No way!
These guys turn their noses up at quick money more than Disney.
Well Crapcom as I like to call them, are just run by assholes, and that's where most of the issues come from(It's like they are intentially trying to piss off their fanbase, and then mock them afterwards. Dumbing down MvC3 to appeal to a audience that Isn't a fan of the series to begin with, that broken POS that is SF 4, firing the only good developer they had left, caceling games that were already far along or even already finished, just to spite the person they fired, then blaiming the cancelation of such on the fanbase, ect)

Um yea, It's not so much that Crapcom is dumb(although they sure as hell aren't smart), It's that the higher-ups are assholes, with no passion for the gaming industry(they're just a bunch of random asshole who graduated with a business degree).

Where as, Sega is just run by true all around morons.
Skies of Arcadia's been tossed around for remake for years, with Sega teasing that it MIGHT happen (what with renewing the copyright and saying "we'll do what the fans want and that's on the cards"), and then turning around and saying "we can't do a Skies 2 because we now suck too much and wouldn't do it justice" (paraphrasing, but that's basically what they said), so with no sequel happening, Sega have less incentive to rerelease their best RPG to a new generation.

Prove me wrong, Sega. Release a fully reworked HD version. Do it.
I actually think Skies of Arcadia is slated for a rerelease, but It's Sega, so that doesn't mean jack sigh

Sega is such a POS company these days, and good game they make, is always Japan only now adays. Also as if that wasn't bad enough, Sega is downright allergic to money sigh.
I was upset Sega did nothing for Skies of Arcadia's 15th anniversary next year, if they ignore the 20th anniversary in 2020 I will quit being a Sega fan (something that has run in my veins for 25 years). And it is as you say, they are allergic to money. The amount of people clamouring for a Dreamcast 2 is unbelievable. 
WAIT. LITTLE NEMO HAD A VIDEO GAME? *screams from the top of a mountain as I run to ebay*

But honestly, I would love to see a re-release of Wacky Worlds Creative Studios from the Genesis. The game was meant to be played with a mouse, and I would like to try it without the ball mouse someday. I mean, it was rad with the regular controller - but the mouse felt luxury. 
Yep. Little Nemo: The Dream Master. It's an NES classic from Capcom.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AATqdT…
I'm totally going to look forward to picking it up one day - Little Nemo is one of my favourite comics ever. 
"One day"? I wouldn't wait to buy it.
Cart only, it runs about $10-13, but NES games are climbing in price everyday it seems.
Well, I mean, I can but a poor collector in a poor family. Easy come, easy go - I'll find myself a copy when I get the cash.
Try commission work.
It's gotten me through some pretty lean times.
I'm so behind the times, I've actually never downloaded a game. I simply play those classics on the old consoles..
Some of the games in our collection have gotten so valuable that we bought the near-worthless Famicom/SFC/Mega Drive versions for playing purposes.