Fallout: New Vegas, worst character playthrough

as of present I'm on the broke side of having money and don't have either a ps4 or Fallout 4. any how when F4 came out I decided to play another character through( the idea was a clint eastwoods man with no name type) now with that near completion( presently level 48 and running through the divide.

Now I'm considering playing the play with the worst character possible, worst special, worst perks, just a total mess of a guy, and so though I have some ideas toward that I'm interested in suggestions toward this idea
Comments36
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Low intelligence, speech, low everything. 
already got a character file up
I'm assuming you're playing Fallout:  New Vegas with no mods or Downloadable Content. I've done this before on Survival mode (all Downloadable Content installed). It was fun, but I did not last very long. xD

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
You're going to require 40 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. at the beginning.

(I'll note it as SPECIAL + Remainder)

1 is the base S.P.E.C.I.A.L. required, so:
1S 1P 1E 1C 1I 1A 1L + 33R

Luck is arguably the worst S.P.E.C.I.A.L. to get if you don't have a strong foundation anywhere else, so max that. (It increases every skill slightly and improves critical chance, but that's it.)
1S 1P 1E 1C 1I 1A 10L + 24R

Agility is great for Sneak, Reload Speed, and Action Points, but without other S.P.E.C.I.A.L., it's pretty useless as well. However, do keep in mind that it does boost Guns, making it at least somewhat viable for a sneak build. However, since you're not going to be getting Sneak-related perks, max that, too. You might consider getting the Small Frame trait in order to make your limbs more fragile. I've listed 2 possible S.P.E.C.I.A.L. builds to account for this decision.
1S 1P 1E 1C 1I 10A 10L + 15R
1S 1P 1E 1C 1I 9A 10L +15R (if getting Small Frame Trait)

Charisma boosts Speech and Barter, which are important, but it doesn't affect too many Perks, so it's a good idea to dump points into that, too. As long as you don't Tag or put Skill Points into Speech or Barter, you'll be pretty terrible even with 10 Charisma.
1S 1P 1E 10C 1I 10A 10L + 6R
1S 1P 1E 10C 1I 9A 10L +7R (if getting Small Frame Trait)

Perception is useful, too, but it won't help you survive unless you have a decent long-ranged weapon to go along with it. Since you won't be able to use good weapons due to the strength requirements, it's a safe bet to drop the rest of your points into Perception.
1S 7P 1E 10C 1I 10A 10L
1S 8P 1E 10C 1I 9A 10L (if getting Small Frame Trait)

The Other S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
Strength is essential if you want to use good weapons. Even the Laser Rifle (though a good beginner weapon, is still amazing with mods) requires 3 Strength.
Endurance is, well, also stupidly useful if you don't want to die in the Wasteland. Also, Implants is nice.
Intelligence is by far the most important S.P.E.C.I.A.L. in most playthroughs due to the sheer number of skill points you get per level up. I always max out Int when I'm playing seriously. (9 Int + Implant)

TL;DR:  1 Strength, 7 Perception, 1 Endurance, 10 Charisma, 1 Intelligence, 10 Agility, 10 Luck

Traits:
Built to Destroy may increase your critical chance, but is the 15% weapon decay really worth it?
Heavy Handed only affects Melee and Unarmed weapons.
Small Frame gives you 1 Agility, but holy crap does it make you squishier.
Wild Wasteland doesn't do much but make your trip stupider.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Heavy Handed makes you unable to crit, which makes Built to Destroy purely negative.

Perks:
Due to your low Speech, your early levels should be Lady Killer and Confirmed Bachelor (or Black Widow and Cherchez la Femme) as well as Friend of the Night (6 Perception + 30 Sneak). Seriously. Who needs night vision?
Travel Light (45 Survival) is useless if you're wearing medium armor.
Ferocious Loyalty (6 Charisma) is useless if you don't have a companion.
Gunslinger if useless if you're using a two-handed weapon. Conversely, Commando is useless if you're using a one-handed weapon.
Cowboy (45 Guns, 45 Melee) is extremely weapon based as well, so consider getting that and ignoring all lever-action rifles, pistols, hatchets, knives, and dynamite.
Quick Draw (5 Agility) is one perk that I've never really used since I mostly wander around with a weapon ready anyway.
Scrounger (5 Luck) is good if you can use a weapon well. Unfortunately (or fortunately), that is not the case due to your 1 Strength.
Here and Now gives 1 extra level, but you skip out on a perk, so it is absolutely one of the worst perks I can think of.
Adamantium Skeleton is good, but you're so squishy it won't matter much anyway.
Silent Running is all right, but I've never noticed a huge difference between running and walking sneak modes.
Chemist (60 Medicine) is good only if you use Chems.
Action Boy or Action Girl (6 Agility) gives more Action Points, so that depends on whether or not you use V.A.T.S. Personally, I rarely use V.A.T.S. in Fallout 3 and Fallout:  New Vegas, so I'd get it.
Hand Loader (70 Repair) affects only Guns.
Plasma Spaz (70 Energy Weapons), Laser Commander (90 Energy Weapons), and Vigilant Recycler (70 Science) only affect Energy weapons.
Piercing Strike (70 Unarmed) and Paralyzing Palm (70 Unarmed) are only useful for Unarmed weapons.

Anyway, that's all I got for now.
Since I've passed the allotted "edit" time, I will say that Built to Destroy is only pure negative if it is paired with Heavy Handed, and you're using a melee weapon.
thank you, I'll keep this handy.

and presently I've done mostly new vegas ultimate addition, but I do have a copy of regular new vegas.
If so, I'll have to post my Old World Blues perks and traits.
Dead Money:
In Shining Armor (20 Repair, 70 Science) is bugged and doesn't work. Grab it.
And Stay Back (70 Guns) only works for shotguns.

Honest Hearts:
Fight the Power! only works against the New California Republic and Brotherhood of Steel.
Sneering Imperialist only works in V.A.T.S. against Raiders.

Old World Blues:
Mile In Their Shoes only affects the "night stalker squeezin'" item.

Lonesome Road:
Broad Daylight makes it easier to sneak with the Pip Boy Light on. Absolutely one of the most useless perks out there.

Gun Runners' Arsenal:
Mad Bomber (45 Repair, 45 Explosives) lets you craft explosives... which, admittedly, is moderately useful, but still not a great perk unless you like blowing stuff up.
nice,

got a guy set up with your special set up( divides a bit frustrating)
Good luck, have fun, don't die (often)
View all replies
Reading this reminded me so much of how great New Vegas is, and makes me want to shed a tear over how stupid Fallout 4 is.
Haha. I honestly think Obsidian did a better job with Fallout than Bethesda ever could.
Obsidian actually tried to create an RPG (and succeeded). There is no semblance of such effort on Bethesda's side with Fallout 4.
Like I've said since the beginning of Fallout 4's announcement:  It's an FPS (or Third-Person Shooter, if you play that way) with RPG elements, not the other way around, like Fallout 3 and Fallout:  New Vegas were.
Have really crap charisma so you can't do anything with the NPCs
Also, get addicted to something. That's crap
I still need to put points somewhere
I have no idea XD
Have fun
thanks and I intend to
1 Intelligence so NPCs treat you like crap. :giggle: I believe you get entirely different dialogue options with low intelligence. 
they do, I think the most intelligence you can have while still getting unique dialogue is three
This is correct, yes.
1 strengh so weapon choice is impossible