Anyone tried the YO-KAI WATCH demo?

What do think of it so far?
What do you like/hate about it? Why?
What are your favorite YO-KAI monsters and why?
Final thought or Discuss.

1. I like it, kinda hard though.
2. I really don’t know. The some of the characters are cute, wish I can experiment with the ones that I became friends with. Wish they added like other short segments of the game.
3. Komasan and Majimutt because they are so cute. 
4. If I had the money I will buy this game.

Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
tried it and lost interest very quickly.
i would tell you what i liked and didn't like about it, but since i quit playing not soon after i started, i don't think i have a fair judgement of the game.
it just bored me. i probably won't be picking it up.
I tried the demo, it just made me a bit more hype for the game than usual. The objective is you talk to a girl, who will assign you (and your butler/ guide, Whisper) to go after three trouble making yokai that are in the neighborhood.I like that it's a different approach, compare to Pokemon. 
The gameplay is different, except running/ walking around in the open world (In the demo, you are stuck in a small neighborhood, but that was big enough for me to explore and level up my party that the demo gave me).
It's very stylus heavy, like switching the mons, catching bugs, moving the target cursor (I don't know what I'm suppose to do with that, they say I'm suppose to lock on the bug or yokai with it), and so forth (That's the most surprising thing for me. Don't worry, you can move the PC, Nate, around with just the other controls). However, the opponants drop items, like candy bars, little toys, and miscellanous stuff. I never figure out how to use these items in during battle.
I don't know what I am suppose to use the bugs for, I'm suspecting that it's for trading for items.
The only mistakes that I made was that I'm not suppose to spam Soulitude/ the major attack all the time (I saw some people talking about gameplay/ strategies in another forum. But I have no knowing, plus, I don't know how to use the commands correctly).
What I dislike was that I can't switch my teams with the ones that I befriend in the demo (What's worst is that I don't know if the yokai that I befriend can be transfer once I get the main game).
My favorite yokai are Komasan (No reasons, I just like blue), Noko (He reminds me of Dunsparse and this snake yokai that I remember reading about - I can't remember the name of yokai that both dunsparse and Noko are base on though.), Tattletale (I warmed up to her), and Walkappa (No reason, just reminds me of lotad).
Wish that the manual was paper instead, it's just feels foreign to me to go into "standby/ pause" mode just to click on the manual (Same when I play Last of Us). I know it's for to save trees, but for some reason I miss paper manual guides.
Agree with you about the money issue, PitLuver-47. 
Thanks, PitLuver-47, I just left out the spoiler ending of the demo.  
I haven't tried the demo but I saw the trailer. The game looks very cool and I wish I could buy it. However I already set aside my money for Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.
I forgot that another Mystery Dungeon is coming out.
Yep! I got it pre-ordered for myself and a friend. Will you be getting it?
I don't really know. Probably if I get the money.
Well, whatever you choose I hope that you enjoy the game.
Thanks, you too! :)
I think that Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon will be very awesome. :)
View all replies