Dead Space 4?

I've been a fan of these games ever since they first came out. Well, to be honest I'm going to take that back. I wasn't a fan nor have I played the games before 2011 when Dead Space 2 came out. I completed the first game after purchasing it, but during THAT time I was a big fan. I loved the second game even more. The third one, however, is probably my least favorite. That is because it takes place on a planet and had the option of multiplayer, rather than stranded on a derelict ship in space with nothing but your own ingenuity for survival. Either way, I'm a fan of the games. Should they make a 4th game?
Comments41
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Unless they get rid of microtransactions and go back to Dead space 1 style game play I don't give two craps for a 4th game
All they will do to Dead Space 4 is make it a 60 minute long action shooter laced with Jumpscares, DLC ,and glitchy multiplayer. You know that. 
I thought they killed the series off because the third one didn't make 50 bazillion dollars.
Just revamp the series with a new character in a new scenario. Underwater aliens.
I think that is really hard to pull off, for what I've seen of Dead Space 3 ending cutscene (from youtube) I think they have pretty much written themselves to such a dead end... I really loved DS1 and DS2 but DS3 was such a leap from horror/thrill genre to genuine co-op shooter, so different from DS1 and DS2 I got bored really quickly to DS3 and never even bothered to finish it.

I think it's best if they do Dead Space, they return to the roots and make something like DS1 or DS2 with new character (and maybe before events of DS3). Otherwise, for all I care, let Dead Space be dead.

(telltale game on Dead Space however, how about that? :D)
I'd like another game, perhaps focused on someone else with isaac and carver just having a small part to play or just a cameo. Maybe they could just be voices in your head guiding  you? The co-op was fun but maybe have it so you could go off and complete separate objectives and reintroduce some of the horror from the first two. Also customising your suit with odd pieces of armour or attachments. Well, these are just some things I'd like. 
I think I remember reading once that an EA employee said that they may revisit the franchise in a couple years. I don't remember where I found that, but we might get to see something materialize in another year or two.
They should definitely make the 4th one... and finally make the movie while we're at it ^^
I think with the Awakened DLC for Dead Space 3, Visceral Games showed that they could make the 4th game more scary, but EA soesn't let them, which is kind of sad...
But I would still buy the 4th game, even if it is action-based again, because I'm interested in the story as well, not just the gameplay.
Dead Space 1 was still the best though. ^^
They already did make a Dead Space movie.

It's called "Event Horizon."
Haha XD
That reminds me that I wanted to watch Event Horizon ^^
You should. It's great.
I'm big fan of the series too, but I hope they won't make a new game. Because DS3 was terrible fail enough.
They should make a movie instead.
I would totally be down for a Dead Space film. That would be awesome!
For me - the only one "Dead space" exists. The first one :)
While DS3 wasn't a good game, it was a fun game. The weapon customization there was top notch and (what I felt anyway) we should have had from the first game. Story-wise... I think they've sorta hit rock bottom. Isaac has sorta just become the "space marine" the series started out with specifically NOT wanting your character to be... Carver has BEEN that space marine from the get-go... and Ellie isn't even a shadow of the strong, interesting, and useful female lead she was in DS2 anymore. The cliffhanger ending of 3 was crazy, bizarre, and I'm not even sure I want to see what happens next.
I'm just lost on how she got her eye back after it being gouged out by that wack-job in the previous game. I guess we're supposed to assume that since it's the future, people have the ability to just grow eyes back. If you want continuity in a story, you should at least explain how something changes rather than it just being. It seemed that the writers just didn't care...
Actually, they do explain it. Both out of game and in the lore.

In the apartment, you can find a file talking about how Isaac got Ellie a replacement eye... but since they're poor as fuck, they couldn't afford the right color, so that's why her eyes are two different colors.
In the lore, it's been established since Dead Space 1 that medical technology has expanded to the point where body parts are grown and cloned if someone needs a replacement. In the first game, this was why the Lurkers (the babies) were there... they were to be grown so they could provide replacement parts if someone suffered a serious injury on the Ishimura. Now of course, the second Dead Space movie conflicts with this, as one of the main characters in it is shown to have a bionic arm. So why have that if you could just have a fresh new human arm entirely, is strange. THAT right there is an example of the writers not caring.
No way! I should have picked that up! I was wondering why her eyes were a different color. I thought it was just a little something I noticed but not until you mentioned it did I put 2 and 2 together. Great info and that's awesome that you noticed the file in his apartment. I didn't catch that.
Thanks. Dead Space 3 is an easy game to platinum.
Yeah, nothing is planned for a Dead Space game as of yet. It's funny, because it was a big banking factor for Visceral. I have the soundtrack for Dead Space 2 and I love it! They have a soundtrack for the first game as well. Not for the third. They really made it seem as if the third game was the last one what with the discovery of the home planet for the Markers. But yes, the cliffhanger really leaves you hanging. Hopefully they will not neglect this series. If they do...at least they made three games.
They should, considering how the last dlc left us with a massive cliffhanger.  The real question is will they ever get the chance to.  And I have no clue about that.  EA had Visceral work on Battlefield Hardline, and I've heard they're working on a Star Wars title alongside a producer who used to work on the Uncharted series.  Maybe once that's done they'll get a chance to.  I wouldn't hold my breath, though.
Seeing the 3rd fuck itself over and left us with a cliffhanger from the DLC, I wish we do have a 4th game that DOESN'T suck and have EA fuck off.