What would be the gaming equivalent of 'jumping the shark' be called?

We all know what jump the shark mean right (me movie equivalent is nuking the fridge)? What would be a the equivalent of jumping the shark in a video game series be called?
Comments31
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Killing your teammates.
Overdoing easy mode.
Bouncing before spinning.
Also, you can use jumping the shark.
Slowing down the hedgehog.
Powering up with dress spheres.
Walking the endless hallway.
Being made a bitch by John Romero.
ET'ing the Atari.
Cancelling the Blue Bomber.
Pachinko'ing the Silent Hill.
'Sonic Booming' I hearded once, it's good. ;)
Pulling a Bubsy.

Jumping the flagpole
"Shadowing the Hedgehog" has a nice ring to it.
Shit. You beat me to it...
Taking an arrow to the knee.
Marry the game?
The gaming equivalent to "jumping the shark"(which is an obsolete expression after Indiana Jones "nuked the fridge") is officially called "punching the boulder", brougth to us by Chris Redfiled on Resident Evil 5.
Punching the boulder

Adding Star Wars characters

Adam authorized this shark jump

"What's a Cemetery?" or "Destiny is Destiny." or Tidus laughing

"What's a Paladin?"
"Your knowledge of the land shall be great!"
Jumping the goomba
Character assassinate Samus
Pulling a Friday the 13th (when making too many sequels that no one wants) or Milking the cow
Why EA, why?
I'm pretty sure it's still the same phrase regardless. XD
I still just use "jumping the shark".  Though if you must force an attempt to re-name the term for video games, lessee what we can come up with...

Laughing with Tidus (also a cause of impotence.  My dick shriveled up just thinking about it)
Devil May Cry: Fuck This Platinum Wig Edition (applies to any unnecessary reboot, though that one was an especially harsh slap to the face)
"EA, 'nuff said" (poor Ultima...)
Something about Sonic being a werewolf
Resident Evil: Kill Africa

See, that's the problem: you can only really refer to something specific.  Just stick with the shark.  The shark has been reliable for decades, and even "nuking the fridge" is just another example of the shark, rather than a substitute because the process is exactly the same.  It's still Henry Winklers dried  up old turdy-dumps in the end. 
I happen to like the reboot, just wish they did better writing on the characters and made original demons better.
That franchise has always been high on my "things that I am so indifferent toward, that I cannot even PRETEND to give a fuck about them" list, but even I have to admit the fans did NOT deserve that colossal "fuck you" the game forced in.

That would be like EA putting Boba Fett into the Battlefront bastardizati-errrr, "reboot", but not letting him be playable and having him fly around singing ":music:Fuckin' deal with it, Assholes!" off the top of his lungs in D-Minor...with JANGO'S voice! 
I'm probably one of the few fans who didn't take offense to that scene. Something must be wrong with me. :P
Something about Sonic and "edgy evil emo twin clones" would seem more fitting to me.
Eh :iconsherberttcat: already said it. But "Shadowing the Hedgehog" sounds good.
Fuck the whole franchise, now that I think about it.

NOT literally!  Sorry to get the furrverts excited there for a sec.