Call of Duty: A Lost Cause? - Good Games?

Hello!

As a college student, I have little to no time. I'm continually working with a charitable organization I'm apart of, having to travel hours once in awhile to run various errands, and college alone has my day packed. I have five courses which take up most of my day. Besides this, I always work out (though I've been lazy here lately... :-( ).

With that said, it seems that there's a new Call of Duty out. The last game I played was the one before "Black Ops". It was the same thing as the rest except for a different location. It seemed like it was a waste of money.

My questions:

1) Is the newest Call of Duty worth the money?
2) If not, what game for the Xbox One would you recommend? I've been considering Assassins Creed: Unity, though I need to finish Black Flags first.
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I remember when CoD was just WW2 games, hehehe eue
Same with Medal of Honor. I fucking owned BRO and Rising Sun :dummy:
Old school bby~
I lost interest in new CODs after playing Blops 2. It got too big.
These days I'm playing the ones for the DS, which are amazingly good.
I didn't know that they had a COD game for the DS. What makes them good? :-)
Very solid controls, and an impressive graphics engine. Black Ops for the DS, even has a full fledged zombie mode.
You really should've got a Wii U, PS3 or 3DS, definitely not a XBOX One of all things.

Well if Past CoD games didn't impress you, I doubt this one will either. The problem is, pretty much the entire XBOX brand in general, is based on FPS, and very little else(the original XBOX is the one that had the most variety out of the 3 XBOX consoles), keeping in mind, that most FPS are just CoD clones anyway these days, so yea not looking good, for someone who wants variety.
I have to agree with you when it comes to the FPS games. They're all the same. I tried playing "Watch Dogs" and was severely disappointed with it. The whole control of the game was horrible. To be fair regarding the Xbox One, though, Skyrim was an excellent open world game that had a decently good storyline with loads of side quests and possibilities.

I do have a 3DS, though I'm not entirely sure which games would be good for it. I'm not into Pokémon to be honest, though I can tolerate it. The best thing about the DS handhelds is that they have more RPG games than the Xbox and PlayStation consoles combined, in my opinion. At least, they have better RPG's.
COD isn't awful.. it's just they're meh.

The gameplay is good , I know i've had fun playing online every once in a while.

Just wish there were less sequel spamming and more "new" elements added to the games.
Since I've found the very first game to be more enjoyable than the later entries I've tried to various extents, I can't really give a good opinion on that. :V
I'd get away from the dudebro stuff and go for Witcher 3.  At least with that game, you KNOW you'll be getting your money's worth and won't have a mindless mess on your hands. 

Never trust the annual rehashes.  They pretty much prey on peoples' stupidity and inability to learn from past experiences.  Especially when it comes to money-grubbing business models, like Destiny, so avoid that one as well. 
I've heard a lot of excellent things about Witcher 3. I've never played any of the games in that series. Would someone have to play the games in order to understand the current game?
The 3rd game may actually be the best starting point for new players.

Any bit of lore regarding previous games (or even the books the games are based on) can pretty much be summed up in the character bios the game gives. 
Truer words were never spoken.
If you weren't impressed with Call of Duty: Black Ops, you won't find anything better with newer ones so just move on. If you want a shooter, you'll probably have better luck with Destiny (though be ready to pay a pretty penny for new content and I think the latest one has the base game, maybe) and Fallout 4 when it comes out later this year. Preordering a digital copy of Fallout 4 should at least get you Fallout 3 for the 360.

Assassin's Creed: Unity apparently got better now that they have patched it up, though I wouldn't jump on that till after Black Flags.
No, Carp of Duty nor ACU is NOT worth the money.

As for what is, I wouldn't know. I have a computer with a GOG.com account and just bought Fallout.
Sucker!  I got all their Fallout games for free when they were giving them away back when the games were leaving GOG.

Still, the "welcome back" discount you got is still a shit-ton better than what they offer for the Xbox (KI excluded; that one actually has an exceptionally good business model). 
Well, sure. I claimed them too, but apparently the new version of Fallout is differentish.
I think you should focus on your study despite the game worth money or not.