Leonna

Anyone want to help me make my game ?
I will note the details.

But , to put it simply , its the first title.

And I apologize if I did this wrong. I've never used forums before.
Comments16
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'd be interested in helping if I had the skill.
I'd be interested in voice acting though, I have a bit of an impediment but I'm going through the means of fixing that since I intend to be an actress. I'm decent enough at it, unlike anything like 3D modelling I do have ability in the field, but yeah...my speech is in my way...
Thank you. :)
Sure , you could do some voice acting , once I get the script forward.
I don't have any characters currently with an Australian accent. :P
But I might add one. It's my favorite.
I probably sound more British than Australian though...I have the odd remains of a twinccent.
I would help you. Even though I'm still involed in my own game. ^^
Thank you. :)
Any specific role / roles you want ?
I'd say I could do 3D modeling (More likely the scenery. Characters are not my favourites, but I'd do that, too), A bit Of Programming and probably voice acting. Something like that, whatever is needed the most of it. ^^

One question, in which engine do you plan to program your game? Because if it's unity I could definitely help with programming and stuff, as I use Unity a lot. If it's another Engine I would have to learn it and some engines take about half a year to get going. ^^" 
Ah. :)
You'll help with the scenery then.
Programming will be a big help as well.
Hehe , and I will consider the voice acting.
I don't have exact scripts just yet.

Unreal Engine.
It seems to be fairly easy - ish.
I am inexperienced with that though , so I can't confirm.
Does this help at all ?
Ok! We'll see. ^^

As its Unreal, I might need some time to get into that. I've got the Engine and I already did some things in it. The landscapes and scenes you can create are just wow.
And it isn't actually that hard to learn. I worked with the previous versions of Unreal before and they were incredible hard to use. UE4 is better with that.
The only Engine I found more easy to use is the Unity Engine. Maybe It's just because that's where I came from and I'm more familiar with it. ^^
But to me you can create your own game ideas into playable demos in just hours.
My Only problem I had was that the Unreal Engine needs a lot power and even though I've got a good pc I had frame issues. It will be a hard time to make it all performant I guess. But when It works, the Unrealengine looks just amazing. :D
What's the expected development time? What sort of people are you actually looking for - concept artists, programmers, 3D modelers? How much are you paying them? Do you have any proof of concept, like a demo? What is your role in this project, anyway?
[ DeviantART is reading this as spam due to length , this will be in two parts. ]

Paying - At the moment , I can only get artists who are passionate about whatever they do.
            Paying is at the end. The amount is figured out at the end.

Proof of Concept - I don't understand what the means.
                          But , if you're asking if I have some sort of demo of what it is , no.
                          I however will tell , in a large description , the entire concept of the game ( along with the main character's story ) to the people who want to help.

Role - Lead Designer.
         3D Modeler.
Proof of concept is something that shows your commitment to the project, like demos or preview videos of the game. Anyone can say "Hey I wanna make a video game, here's my idea." But it's a different story entirely when you're like "I have this entire game programmed, I just need some people to do the art assets."

It's important to have a proof of concept because it shows you have a personal investment in the project. If you just change your mind later and cancel it, everyone else on the team will have wasted their time.

Also, for your first game you want to do something on the scale of the Arkham series, within a year, with a team of people you randomly pulled off the Internet, and you want them all to work for no guaranteed reward? I don't know what engine you're using, but you haven't mentioned it so I assume you were planning to code the whole thing from scratch? In a year? That's... that's just not feasible. It's not gonna work - you're going too big.
Ah. I see.
.  . . Your tone seems a bit angry . . . :shrug: rvmp 

Well , I am committed to this.
I didn't just pull this idea out of my ass , I've been working on this game's concept
from I was four years old. Of course , the story has evolved a bit from that time until now , hehe.

I will not abandoned the thing I've dedicated my life to.
It can't be considered wasting their time if they are doing it for fun.

That's why I said " Probably ".
It's going to take more. I don't know exactly how long. However long this takes . . .
I'm not going too big here. Calm down. :P
And , I read that the game took about two years to make.
Unreal Engine , by the way. Not going by scratch. I don't know how going by scratch would even work.
If I sound angry, I don't mean to be. It's just, there are a lot of people on the internet who are like "I want to make a game," but A) don't really understand how much work actually goes into the process, and B) want other people to do pretty much all the hard stuff for them, often for free. I have no way of knowing if you're one of those people, but that's how this thread came off to me. If you're gonna get any serious offers, I think you'll need to have more to show. (And have some way of compensating people for their work!)

And yeah, that game took two years to make... with a development team of like hundreds of people!
Aah. Haha. Yeah , I see that alot too.
But , I am not.

I'm working with someone else on their game. For free.
So , I have somewhat of a clue.
And I will not leave the work to other people.
It's my game , I have to and want to work on it.
And I do have a compensation for their work ,
but they'll have to note me for full details.

This was my only way to ask a larger group of people. It was an option.
I apologize if it seemed like I just did this out of random , with no knowledge.
I did not.
I'm going to go ahead and delete this thread.
It didn't do anything.

Hehe. That's true . . .
I plan on making multiple games , but the biggest one ( the title ) is the one I want to do first.

Development Time - About a year. Its a big game.
                           . . . Think of the Batman Arkham games . . .

What Sort of People Am I Actually Looking For -
3D Modelers : The Main Characters ( 3 ) | The Side Characters ( 2 Currently ) | Villians ( 2 Currently ) | Scenery
                   All are completely human except two. ( Again , the title. ) And the scenery is obviously not human.
Programmers : For the actual game of course.
Concept Artists : I don't really need concept artists. I know exactly what I want for this.
                        . . . Though , I believe I need them for others to understand what I am thinking here . . .
                        Hmm . . .
Sound / Soundtrack : For the action filled music and lovely ambiance.
                              And sounds like guns and such.
Voice Acting : Oh. This is going to be a tough one to find . . .
                    But , I'll find a way. Hehe.
Level Designer : I might need this one. For the " levels " of course.
                      I need to do some searching on this one.

[ DeviantART is reading this as spam due to length , this will have to be in two parts. ]