Best Video Games Based Off Movies/TV/etc

So, what do you think are some of the best video games based off movies or TV shows Whether it be animation or live action. You can also include video games based off comics or books or anything, just as long as it never was a video game from the start.

For Me:

:bulletblack: The Simpsons: Hit And Run. I think this game was pretty fun as it had a very GTA feeling to it. I never really played the scenarios or missions as I liked to just go fuck shit up. You can also tell the writers from the actual TV series were behind this, as the diologue is fantastic. All the lines are exactly what they would say in the TV series.

:bulletblack: South Park: The Stick Of Truth. I haven't actually played it myself but I would watch my brother play it. This just like the previous entry the actual writers were behind this, so it doesn't come out as a steaming pile of shit. The lines all sound just like what they would in the show and the graphics are spot on.

So, what about you then?
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I thought Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue was a pretty enjoyable platformer for a movie-based game. South Park Let's Go Tower Defense and Star Wars Episode III weren't too bad either.
South Park: The Stick of Truth is beautifly made. It feels like playing the show.
Many people say that some Riddick game was really awesome, but I haven't played it and I haven't seen the movies.

The old Disney games were pretty great. Lion King, Aladin, Duck Tales.

The Witcher games are based on books, and they all rock.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 are pretty awesome, and so is South Park: Stick of Truth.

The Wolf Among Us "game" is pretty good, althuogh it's more on the visual novel side than an actual game. And it's based on a comic book, of course.

The first Spiderman game for the first Play Station was amazing.

The Legend of Korra game is not amazing, but for the low price it is a fairly reasonable chunk of alright entertainment.
Star Wars Episode 3 is a very fun game, even though in comparison to the games I play now, its very limited.  But still, it is great.  The two Star Wars battlefront games are also superbly made.  Eragon, though a crummy game in graphics, is better than the movie and is a good "screw around" game.
I remember Simpsons Hit & Run :D I was enjoying it despite it being a GTA clone (GTA of which I've never had even the slightest interest in) but I guess that's because Simpsonizing something always makes it a lot more fun :giggle: But I could never finish it since some of the missions got too hard, and I couldn't find and destroy all of those wasp-camera things too (something which bothered my perfectionist side, and we didn't have the internet then to help us out either) The game still felt a little unfinished in some aspects though, but I got a kick out of all the references to the show itself (lol, Cletus asking you to collect cardboard tubes because he needs to do some indoor plumbing).

Asides from that, every other licensed game I've seen just looked too unappealing for me to even bother with. Though I regret passing on Spongebob Squarepants - Battle for Bikini Bottom, which everyone says was great (as I'm a Spongebob fan too, well, fan of the earlier seasons anyway)
I never really played the missions as I just liked to fuck around. There was one wasp camera that I couldn't even destroy.

There was one SpongeBob game I played on the X Box at our friends place and I thought it was awesome.
The reverse of this (movies based on video games) is easy, being the Silent Hill franchise.  

Hmmm, games based on movies, gotta say... Well actually, hate to say it and not sure if it counts, but certain parts of the Kingdom Hearts games, for example the Beast's Castle.  The world was very well done in reference to the Disney movies.  And the same is true of many other disney based worlds.  The main problem is that KH itself is not based on a movie, just some of the worlds are.  Sorry for the kinda cop-out answer, but I don't play many movie based video games, lol.
I guess you could count Kingdom Hearts and yes it can characters from the Disney movies.
I agree with The Stick of Truth. There's also quite a lot of Star Wars games I liked, mostly Jedi Outcast, Knights of the Old Republic and Battlefront II.  The Telltale Back to the Future game was pretty good as well. 
Peter Jackson's King Kong the Official Game of the Movie.
GI JOE 1(NES)
GI JOE 2(NES)
Duck Tales 1(NES)
Duck Tales 2(NES)
Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures(SNES)
Batman(NES)
TMNT Turtles in Time(SNES)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atantic(PC a old CD rom game, based off of a Dark Horse comic line... Holy crap, It's on the wii now, you can't get that CD to run anymore,  I'm so going to have to pick that up)
Willow(NES)
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 1(NES, and yes the first game is byfar the best in the franchise)
Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage(SNES)
Retro Game Challenge(DS This is actually based off of a game show they have in Japan)
RE 2(PS1)
DBZ(PS2)
Aladdin(SNES)

I'm sure I know more, but these are the ones that come to mind atm.
Batman Arkham Asylum, Sam & Max, and the Indiana Jones point-and-click games.
The Simpsons: Hit & Run is definitely one of my favourite licensed games! It was a fun GTA clone, even though it suddenly became difficult in the very last missions. :x
Yeah. I watched OfficialNerdCubed play it and he just gave up on it. xD
I gave up on it the first time I tried to play it. A few years later, however, I managed to beat it. :dummy:
I don't play a lot of cross media games if any but I really liked Transforms: War for Cybertron. It was a really decent game.
Gonna hafta go with Stick of Truth.

A lot of people say Goldeneye, but I say that game has aged horrifically.