Worst Video Games Based Off Movies/TV/etc

So, what do you think are some of the worst video games based off movies or TV shows. Any sort of movie or TV show whether it's animation or live action. You can also include video games based off comics or books or anything, just as long as it was never a video game from the start.

For Me:

:bulletblack: Okay even if I never played them any of those games you see on Angry Video Game Nerd on the NES. Yes I never grew up with that console and didn't even know of its existence, but watching AVGN playing those crappy looking games on the NES based off a movie or a TV show looks painful. Not criticising the graphics but just the idea that games would like that exist.

So, what about you then?
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I remember not being sad at all when my brother sat on that Rocket Power game disc for our PS1 and broke it. Imagine a rushed clone of a Tony Hawk's game that looked awful and played...awfuller :dummy: I liked the cartoon at the time, but that game could suck it :boo:
Rambo: The Video Game
I'll try to list only the games I've actually played:
  • E.T. Yes, we all know how terrible this one is, but to explain - when you start the game you immediately have no clue as to what you're supposed to do. You keep falling into pits unintentionally, the map is completely random in terms of areas, and there are two creepy guys who keep trying to kidnap you. :O
  • Back To The Future (NES). This one is actually as bad as the AVGN says it is. It barely has anything to do with the movie, Marty doesn't even look like himself from the film and it's surprisingly tough in some stages for the wrong reasons.
  • Superman 64. I shouldn't have to explain this one either, but the controls are bloody awful and the graphics make my eyes bleed.
  • Mickey's Magical Mirror(?) (Gamecube). This one's a personal disappointment from my childhood. It's a point and click adventure, but it was such a boring one that it put me off the genre permanently. Plus, it's too easy, even though it was intended for kids.
I can't really say much about E.T. since I haven't witnessed it myself. But the idea that it was coded in six weeks and rushed for Chrimstas baffles my mind. Would you rather take your time with a game and release it when it's finished, or try and make a quick buck out of the Christmas rush? I hate how they do this I mean who is not gonna buy a game during the year
Rather then make a list a mile long, you should watch the Angry Joe Show.  He can tell you in great detail just exactly how bad Movie Licensed Games can be. 
This is a stupidly long list. So for the sake of convenience, I'll stick to the most current one I've played... which I guess would've been the TMNT game (based on the 2006 movie) it was SO dull. Literally all you did was some subpar platforming for like a minute until you dropped into an arena of thugs you mindlessly beat up. Repeat like a hundred times or so.
This is a hard one, since I lucked out big time, as most of the movie/TV based games I played, were actually downright awesome, and very few were actually bad.

007 Goldeneye wii(The N64 game was downright godly, but this joke they called a remake, was a utter POS)

"most of" the games on AVGN. The AVGN is overly harsh on some games(both TMNT, and Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom for the NES, are pretty damn awesome games, especially for the times. Also the Indiana Jones game is a arcade game classic in the truest sense of the word). Also to add to that, Silver Surfer is not in any way a bad game(the controls, and hit detection is pretty much perfect, so usually when you die, It's your fault, however It's hard as hell, but hard shouldn't=bad, unless difficulty comes from bad controls/poor hit detection. Oh yea, btw Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout is by no means a bad game, It's just not a good game. Oh yea, another game he underrates, is the NES Godzilla game, that's a pretty dgood game, at very least is way better then the generic Godzilla fighting, and beat em ups he praises.

Talespin on the NES. The control/gameplay is really screwy, and the hit detection or was it collision detection Isn't the best.

Star Wars Rebel Assault on the SCD(omfg, this game has the worst collision detection in the history of video games. You'll be clearly far away from the walls, yet the game will claim you're hitting the walls)

I'm sure I know more, but these are the ones that I can remember off the top of my head.