Types Of Games You Hate

So, what are some types of games that you hate? Like what types of games you don't like or maybe you're bad at, or maybe these are just the types of games you hate. It can be a genre or something like that.

For Me:

:bulletblack: Games that have basically no gameplay whatsoever at all. How can you even call it a game if there's no real gameplay. Like something like Five Nights At Freddy's All you do is just stare at a camera. Even if it's supposed to be a simulation of being a night guard, I just can't accept that. Or something like Night Trap. That's not even a game. And especially if you're going to cheat and use live action. Mortal Kombat gets away with it because at least that was a real game. 

:bulletblack: Sport games. As much as I hate sports in real life sports game are just as bad to me. Well they actually make me actually want to go play the actual game. I don't really have anything against sport games but they just come off as boring to me. Unless you put some style or something into it, like I guess Mario could get away with it. But even then I played Mario and Sonic At The Winter Olympics 2014 and it sucked. Again, if it has some sort of funk in it, like say Rocket League that came out a while ago, then it could be fun. But overall sport games are not my cup of tea.

:bulletblack: 

So, what about you then?
Comments141
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Games that make it so if you do one simple thing for a lady, she'll have awkward polygon sex with you. I'm looking at you, Read Dead Redemption. 
"Dudebro" games.  Halo, GTA, Call of Duty, Monster Hunter, anything with way too much focus on online multiplayer. :|
I dislike games that have slightly interactive cutscenes - where your dude moves on his own, and you can control the camera, or some nonsense like that.  That really pisses me off, because it would be better off as a cutscene, and not waste my time with that crap!  
Poorly done RPG's. Games like Grinsia, or the early Dragon Warrior's, where the combat is totally bland and lifeless. Or, conversely, games like Tales of and Last Story, where they tried to make it interesting, but it ends up being incredibly boring.

All those shit 2-bit games on Steam Greenlght. Y'know, the ones Jim Fucking Sterling Son covers.

Sports. Why do something in a game I could just do in real life?

Any game that tries to APPEAL TO A WIDER AUDIENCE. And I don't mean wider as in more races and genders, but wider as in "Hey look we turned our game into Call of Duty."

Konami. Fuck Konami.

Anything made by King. I shouldn't have to explain why.
Look on for the next 5 years and instead of making games look like Call of Duty, it'll be Splatoon getting that copycat treatment.
I don't like sports games (or most sports in general) either... but it wouldn't be the first example to come to mind. I really don't like fighting games. I used to play Street Fighter (and even enjoy it) as a kid, but I find any fighting game boring nowadays. I can't understand my brother who plays Marvel Vs. Capcom daily--and has for years.

The same with MMORPG's. MMORPG's are too mundane to me. If I'm going to waste time doing pain-staking stuff to gain experience in something, I'd rather do it in real life and gain a real skill.

The weird one for me is platforms. They can drive me crazy and frustrate the hell out of me, but I still count some of them among my favorite games (Tomb Raider, Daxter, Spyro.) But in general, I could say I hate platform games as well...
Sports games, racing games (especially hyper-realistic racing games like Forza and Gran Turismo), retro stylized indie games (I categorize them all under the title "retro shit"), MMORPGs, hyper-realistic military FPS games (they make me feel downright depressed), and stealth games.
Yeah more realistic racing games aren't my thing but I prefer kart games.
Ehh, even kart racing games aren't really my thing. I've enjoyed one or two (namely Double Dash on GC), but I usually give them a pass, especially if they haven't aged well like Mario Kart 64.
Ah, okay. Well I only really care for Mario Kart series. 
Which MK games are your favorite?
Mario Kart 8 and Mario Kart 7 so far.
Games that has good gameplay, but has nothing to offer in terms of the experience. Unfortunately, a lot of modern overhyped games tend to fall into this category as well as many overrated old games.
I can't stand basically all iPhone games. I think the original PvZ is the only good one I ever played. The controls, the awkwardness of holding just a screen, the pay to play models of virtually all of the games...
Fuck that. 

But sports games... I hate sports, too but old (retro) sports game are often a lot of fun if you like multiplayer games and have someone fun to play with. I love Arch Rivals, that's probably my favorite. 
I hate FPS, I hate games with no gameplay, I hate worthless simulators and e-books marketed as "Games".
Me too I ca't stand games that have no gameplay. Like that is the whole point to a game right
I dont like sports games like NHL or Madden or something. I dont like cookie/cow/purplebuybutton-clicker games. or in short: sports and 95% of mobile games.

I also noticed that i don't like most jrpgs anymore. The way their story is told and other character stuff and such hurts my brain. Hell even FF14, while good MMO has very stupid random story supporting quests.

Survival Horrors. I know minecraft falls to this genre too but i.e build a shelter to avoid getting eaten and if you play online get killed by a "friendly player" ..Thats just not my thing.
I don't like most Rogue style games (With the exception of Don't Starve Together) because I can't stand the idea of losing all my progress.
Shooters. I hate them damn shooters. 
I wouldn't say I hate sports games, I just have no interest in them.
Bejeweled/Candy Crush style puzzle games. Good time killers, but I'd rather play something else.
Yea, they're really good games for what they are, but I'm sure any gamer worth a damn, could easily find games more worth their time(even in the puzzle genre, such as the Lolo games for example).
Agreed.

Ugh, having a fight with someone who I saw responding to you, too. 
Sigh yea not surprising(I think he just fights with people for no other reason, then he likes fighting with people), I had to block him because it just kept going back, and forth, in which he was incapable of forming any kind of coherent thought at that point(he was even downright contradicting him self, it became a big mess, that I felt there was no longer a reason for debating a subject with someone). When they start contradicting them selves, and trying to defend their contradiction, debating anything with such a person, becomes pointless.
I was having a fight with them because yes if you saw my post, I said a game that doesn't have a lot of gameplay in it doesn't come off as a game to me. I don't know if you'll agree with me on that but yeah, the argument I'm having with him is becoming annoying.