Do you pirate the game you alredy have?

Like the title says,also don't put any link to...well you know what.
I don't think DA would like that.
Comments103
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I do that only when the dear developers forget to patch their junks, or when the game support is stopped by some reason. Some program works better with crack than the original release, i.e. Crysis 1, what I have for Origin, but it doesn't work on a 64bit OP system at all. Steam Edition detto. But the cracked Crysis does work without any problem as the crack guys was capable to do what the developers couldn't, make it 64bit compatible. Same applies for Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, which Steam edition is a junk, freezes about five minutes after you start the game, and if you have luck, and it doesn't freezes, it randomly crashes to the desktop. But again, the cracked version works fine as it has fixed most bugs. And there is Vampire: The Masqureade - Bloodlines which developer went bankrupt and the support has stopped shortly after it was released, but the cracked edition has fixed all the glitches, all the bugs and such.
Only one game. GTA: SA for the sole reason that I could not use my official copy for a private server my friends made.
In my case it was a few games I used to have when I was younger. Ye olde Doom and a few other Doom-engine games. So at first I no longer had them, but now that I have Doom, Heretic, Hexen, and others on Steam I still use the pirated stuff because I know that ZDoom is a thing, yet Valve doesn't. o3o
Well, there are some Pirate websites, but I don1t recommend using them,
if your place in your current country (mostly Australia) is unstable, as pirating
is illegal and you can get kicked out of the country.
You should try Steam, they have awesome sales.
yea..what the hell is going on in Australia?
Kangaroos...
Saxton Hale
and Deserts

Just kidding, it's nothing special XD
yea....
also you forget there 99% deadly environmental system from air to water.
I have a pretty big library of PS3 games, so when I then got a PC I pirated some of the games I already had on PS3. Then I discovered how ridiculously low some of the steam sales could get and I bought them anyway.
most of the time I buy games from steam when they are on special or when they are very special games.
Sometimes I do, to see if I want to buy it.
It is sad the concept of "demo" is dead and gone at this point in time. But even back then, "demo" suffered from game devs. making the demo look better than the real game, timed you & force quit before you could make an impression of it, or too heavily scripted you can barely explore anything. Since I was bored, I bought Sims 3 & pirated lots of Sims 3 items since most of them are ripoffs or something modders do better & for free. Unless stuff like Dragon Valley, I check if I will like dragons, then I delete the pirated 1 & bought the real 1. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd EA is so terrible at scripting games (I know Maxis didn't make Sims 3 & 4) there are leftovers in the code so the legit Dragon Valley refused to work!

For old stuff, why would I want to pay for something I already have but the big companies refused to support their old customers who are responsible for building them the reputation & allowing them to swim in money? This is what I hate about gaming industry. They think their customers are stupid & the customers themselves these days are too willing to prove them right. So I ran to the pirates because they are willing to do what the game devs should do FOR FREE.

As for GOG, I was exiled there by a forum moderator from Total War Center. So if LesTaT is reading this, fuck you!
But I don't mind, recent Total War games are big disappointments anyway.
You know when a kid is standing in front of a toy store or a candy store wanting to buy everything but realize the kid doesn't have any money at all so all the kid can do is just staring inside seeing everybody in there being so happy, wishing 1 day the kid could be like the people inside? That kid was me back in the NES days. Since GOG existed now, I just buy all the games I wanted to play when I was a kid. I still search the internet to get the ones I can't find on GOG, though.
when I was a kid I stole soo many candy's from the store It was nutz.
best way is to put them in your boxers XD
Yeah towards the end the demos got worse and more and more cheap on giving a good feel for the game. No you gotta 'pirate' the game first to try it out to make sure you don't waste your money on garbage. Sadly there are many idiot gamers out there that strangely embrace the company's anyway. There are sooo many games out there that are just trash yet they have no demos and for a few the trailers look better the the game its self. However the company just hopes you'll sucker in and hand the cash over then screw you if you dislike or grow bored of it in less then 20 min. 

And oh man old games..... 'pirates' are the angles here, when say EA cuts servers for games like Mass effect, who will gamers turn to when the game refuses to work because EA did not patch the game to not look for a thumbs up from the servers to prove every single time you paid for the game? If your internet goes out, that DRM will frustrate you to no end. Yet if you have a 'pirated' copy and your internet goes out (say a storm struck your area) who cares? You can still make use of what you paid for. With the added bonus of the game not telling you that you stole it if it can't cry to mommy server before you open it every single freaking time. 
Its pithetic when modders and pirates will do the freaking devs jobs for free and more times then not, do a better job at it. 

I say 'pirate' with ' because its used in the effect that company's that make the item don't get money for you to own it. Yet you can buy the game from a thrift store or Ebay and its perfectly legal. Company still did not get any money from you getting that game. Matter of fact another company got the funds....... could have sworn pirating was selling something you did not buy..... hmm, then again, its a grey line these days. 
My personal opinion towards gamers embracing the company's way are the new kids & the old schoolers never bother to make them understand how ridiculous things had become. I don't want to talk to gamers these days because most of them are so brainwashed, they think you are unskilled or criminals for pirating games. Yeah right, why would I want to pay 5 dollars for a virtual chair? I see modders making better chairs than this for free. No thanks, I'll use that 5 dollar for my food or going to work & I'll pirate that virtual chair. Unless that chair could turn into a cyborg with jetpack, EA ain't getting any penny from me.

I use the term "pirates" because it seems to be the most common terms now. I don't see all of them as evil, but rather the preservers.  It is the people who use what they have done in a bad way, doesn't mean they are necessarily bad. And like you said about EA pulling plugs on games. I remembered when GameSpy was dead, it was an ass just to play those games on multiplayer, scouring the internet looking for people who might've managed to crack GameSpy & host a server of their own. Now we have Steam, but people doesn't seem to think what would happen if Steam is dead. Big game devs. now want to copy Steam & do their Uplay & Origin. They spend too much time dissing on the other 2 because they love Steam. But in my experience, the DRM that is the least annoying is Origin. because when you don't have the internet, there is only an orange bar saying "You are offline". While Steam will have their nonsense saying you need the internet or something will not work properly. I remembered back when I bought Dawn of War 2, I can't even open Steam without the internet. Even in offline mode, I need internet connection to do so. Internet connection for offline game is stupid, if I want people to watch me while I play video games, I would've play games at the arcade. I appreciate GOG, they have the Galaxy but you don't even need to install it to play the game. If game devs. doesn't like pirates for doing the job for them, they should've not refuse to help their customers in the first place, I don't understand why people don't get that.
I'm not a big fan of any of the main things there, Steam, uplay, orgine, I only got all 3 because, steam, cheap prices, Orgine, needed it to make use of a C&C pack I got a EB games, and uplay cause 2 games I own on steam refuse to work otherwise....... even though its already on steam.... and I agree on all accounts. 

The ironic thing is with all this anti piracy the company's spew. They forget one critical thing. The harder you squeeze a handful of sand, the more that escapes. The more you clamp down, the more evade your methods. DRM might of presented the pirates with a road block, but you can easily get games like mass effect and many others, the DRM was edited out and allow you to enjoy the game. People and gamers embrace the company's thinking of that just because we live in a day and age of it, does not mean every has internet 24/7. I my self have internet almost 24/7, but half the time it likes to drop out, sometimes up wards of 2 hours at random. Its very frustrating when I want to play a game and get told I can't play it because the nets not up yet. 

"Get with the times. Not all change is bad." I've had a few tell me, Not all change is good either. 

And I completely agree with the chair thing. Why the hell would anyone buy the virtual chair when modders who do it for free can make one that can turn into a cyborg with rocket jets? Did I mention modders doing it for free? 

Don't get me started on DLC crap. Buying your game in pieces, full price for the whole thing then in bite sized pieces that can push the game, when totaled up, well over 100$ for a single game. I remember when you could get the full game, like everything for the game in the main package for 60$. But now, we got shiny graphics, and the game play watered down more times then not for your average idiot, and the content chopped up. Resulting a what would be 60$ game turning into 

60$ for the base game. 

20$ for some DLC

40$ for more 'important' characters of your game DLC

Several 10$ of reskins

Oh and a 90$ collectors with a season pass. Maybe with the current DLC included. 

Honestly, I'm more likely to pirate the game, I'll buy the base game. Then pirate a version with all the DLC, because I paid for my game, its advertised as the full game, I want what I paid for. I paid for the full game, not the base game with everything chopped out so all of EA's employ's can go and eat at a 5 star restaurant 3 meals a day. 

Company's want your cash, and they are getting more and more lazy, and hide it behind more shiny graphics. 

I hate Seasons Pass the most, I steer clear on all games with that label on it. I just discovered like 4 months ago what it actually does. Wow, they can trick their customers to pay like 500 bucks by merely promise something that may or may not happen. DLC is bad, but Season Pass is just atrocious. At least you know you'll get something by buying a DLC, you don't really know what you'll get in a Season Pass. You might not even get anything at all from a Season Pass! Man, once I met a modern gamer trying to be smart by using Expansion Packs as an excuse for DLCs. It's obvious that kid doesn't know a damn thing about Expansion packs. At least in Expansions, it's like a huge-ass world mod with new functional features while DLCs are mostly the same assets with a couple of gimmicks. Also the reason I stick to the old games, at least they are finished. Even if it isn't, there will be the "complete edition" sold in a normal price.

I might appreciate pirates more if they could stop hiding viruses.
Yeah an expansion pack is..... almost but not quite, a whole different version of the first game. Example C&C 3, and C&C kanes wrath. Same game for both, ones an expansion back, and has 6 more factions each with there own quirks, a entire new campaign and entire new game mode. Now if DLC had that kind of content all the time then I may not mind it so much, however, like you said, DLC a few more things here and there, largely a new gimmik here and there, maybe reskins. 

And I like older games as well, you get the full game for the first full price. Back in the day it was clear, game company's made the games for the game far more often then they do now, now its for how much can they boost the spread sheet numbers and how much they can pry out of their fans pockets. 

And ditto, small price to pay, easy to avoid/clean up with the proper protection on the computer though. Pros and cons. 
I don't pirate games. Mostly I would feel like an arse if I did it (unless we're talking a companies like EA or Activision) because many developers and staff work hard for it.
wait,I don't get it, you would steal from ea and activison but not from other company  or is it the reverse?
last time I remember activison reuses the same engine for most of there cod to the same cinematic,so how is it hard work?
I have not stolen from any company and I never will.
But theoretically speaking, if somehow I found myself in a situation where I pirated EA/Activision's games, it would be difficult for me to feel remorse.

I don't think hard work necessarily equates to a good deserving game; either way, I'm indifferent to the amount of effort Treyarch and Infinity Ward put into making the COD games.
I only do it for ROM hacks or games never released outside of America. However, I also do for games I plan on buying.
I don't know if it's legal to download rom for old consoles because there not supported anymore and most websites that let you download old roms are runing from a while now which mean they weren't attack by copyright claims.
The only game I pirate illegitimately are NES/GB and Genesis (DOES) ROMs. Since it's been 20 years and they won't re-release their titles on steam. Greedy corporations can fuck off!
That would be cool for Nintendo to do. However, I don't think they would release it on steam. I believe they might make their own service or something.