Beyond Two Souls

I don't know if I should buy it

Some people say it is a shitty game, others are so hyper about it and love it
So what do you think about it?
I played it a few days ago at my friend, seems a bit confusing, but also interested, so...what do you say about it?
(Unfortunately my friend already spoilered me a lot to this game xD)
Comments20
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If you see the ending you will know why it's such a convoluted story.
It has a really weird way of telling the story out of place, but in a way that doesn't add to the game's charm, at least in my opinion. David Cage has one of those distinctive "styles" where it's overblown and tries to deliver some clever plot devices but I wouldn't call them successful, it's usually a miss. The experience is of that as an interactive movie where you can choose options of dialogue and decision making while occasionally having control over your character. Look it up on Youtube maybe first to get an idea of how it plays. I wouldn't spend a lot on it personally, wait for a good sale.
To be honest this game is like a movie. I dont think that i will miss something by just watching a stream on YouTube of this game. I played with friends in 2 souls for a couple hours then went home i fnished that game on YouTube ah because the story is very cool. Just couldnt wait to see what will happen next :) And i didnt regret about not playing it myself at all somehow, maybe because as i said it more like a movie rather than a game.
Its interesting... If you like weird ghost bs it might pique your interest.
The best suggestion I can give is to first play a Indigo prophecy, which you could probably find for pretty cheap. Depending on how you feel about that game, you may love or hate Beyond.
i'm still stuck in the library on indigo prophecy...
I liked it. :shrug: Give it a shot and judge for yourself. :thumbsup:
It's utterly awful, but enjoyable in the same way a really terrible movie is. David Cage has a reputation for these types of things, so if you're ready for what seems at first to be an interesting little ghost-familiar story that goes COMPLETELY off the rails all over the place, you might have some fun. Honestly, if you're interested in this type of game, I'd recommend Heavy Rain, which is still pretty nonsensical but holds together better than his other games.
I think you should try. I really like this game and the main character is pretty bad ass.
Although sometimes I got stuck like don't know what to do.
But you know we have google now so everything is fine XD
Hey (^_^)/

I pesonally didn't particularly like the game. ^_^''' There are several reasons for that.
As you mentioned before, it is rather confusing. And that for absolutely no reason! The game would be more enjoyable if the "time transitions" were in chronological ordrer, not being all over the place! Throughout the game I had difficulties figuring out how Jodie went from being/looking "that way" to being/looking "this way", what happaned between "here" and "there"...? It was pretty annoying. You surely get the "whole picture" in the end, but you also realise that the time transitions didn't have any legitimate reason to be that chaotic/confusing in the first place.

Another thing was that most charaters were unlikable (for me at least) . I didn't like Jodie and I didn't like Ryan (for obvious reasons).
And the actual plot/ending...? was also rather predictable. (I don't know how much your friend spoiled you so far....but I wasn't "surprised" by it.) Than again it is strictly my personal opinion ^^'''
I don't think it's a bad game. Becuase it's not. It just wasn't THAT good and quite inferior to Heavy Rain in my opinion....
But as you already mentioned there are alot of people who iked it and a lot of them who didn't. So in the end you have to decide for yourself...=)
Didn't the game have multiple endings?
It does....it basically has two major endings with some minor branches if you will.
But I was more referring to the certain "twist". I don't want to spoil here, because the Asker might want to play the game still....^_^''''
No. . .there were at least four different major endings. You sure you finished it?
I think I know which twist you mean.
Yeah, I finished it.
I think I know, what you mean with four endings. (But for me it were merely branches of the one ending...)
I started playing it with my girlfriend almost a year back, put it down, and haven't come back to it.

The way the story is told is just ridiculously messy. It jumps ALL over the place and after a dozen chapters or so, you cannot keep in mind what happened when.

I mean, regardless, it isn't as bad a game as most people will lead you to believe. If you can pick it up cheap now, go for it.
I highly recommend the game. It's very incredible, cinematic/story wise. Even the combat showdown in Africa was pretty good. My favourite stage was the Navajo chapter. I was wide eyed during that one.

The story might come of as confusing to some even if they start at the beginning. That's probably because the story telling format is kinda like putting down random pieces of the puzzle until the overall picture starts to get clear. My advice, just go with the flow.
Beyond Two Souls is one of the best games I've ever played
The storyline is simply beautiful
The graphics are pretty damn awesome too
But it's so confusing, right?
It does get confusing, yes. But- As the storyline progresses, things do start to be put in place. It's like trying to piece the storyline together bit by bit, and I think it's awesome.