Favorite Horror Game

What's your favorite horror game? Mine is the Dead Space series, since it has such a haunting atmosphere, and also the mutated children are just scary as hell. Lol
Comments40
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Amnesia the Dark Descent. I'm sorry, but I loved the original story, rather than all of the dlc's. I loved the story; it was dark and intriguing, which easily catches my attention.
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
This is hard!!!

1. BioShock
2. Dead Space 2
3. The Last of Us
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Dead Space
6. Condemned: Criminal Origins 
Definately the old school Resident Evils, especially 1 and 2. The monsters and atmosphere were terrifying, especially in REmake for Gamecube ^^
slender the arrival and dead space 2
But also the most scary game I ever play was silent hill pt,I know is not a game is a demo but I couldn't sleep for one week XD
Does Binding of Issac count?
Bioshock and Deadspace but Outlast takes the cake.
Dead Space is pretty scary, especially if you get trapped in a room with a monster that's already intimidating. Lol
Indeed! That game makes it even scary to go near vents now of any kind.
Try being trapped in a dark room with a monster that can regenerate, and you have to try to complete a block puzzle while he's putting himself back together after you destroyed him. Lol
Ah man, in the third one theres a optional mission where theres a dark room full of them and theres puzzles too of course!
I'm definitely gonna get it then! Lol
I'm definitely gonna get it in then! Lol
System Shock 2
Silent Hill 3
Resident Evil 2
System Shock 2, Dead Space series, Silent Hill series, Resident Evil series.
My favourites are silent Hill (the first 3) and probably the Last of Us...though I'm not sure you can qualify it as horror. It wasn't as scary as it was just a really good game XD
Silent hill games and Resident Evil games xD
Resident Evil 4, unless you consider Bioshock a horror game.
Bioshock started out as a horror game, but it immediately became an action game the moment you started getting powerful weapons & super powers that can be upgraded. Lol
Neither of those games are scary though...
In terms of how scary a game gets, Amnesia Dark Descent is my main man. But I feel that both Bioshock and RE4 are better games, even if they aren't as bone chilling.
Yeah, they're good games no doubt, but neither Bioshock nor RE4 are even remotely scary, at least in my opinion. Even Ocarina of Time is scarier than RE4, and that's not even a horror game.

Never heard of Amnesia Dark Descent. I'm guessing it's an indy game...?
I'd say Bioshock and RE4 are more on the "creepy" factor than "fear-inducing".

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is an indie game that quickly earned wide acclaim for being well designed in terms of technology, narrative and atmosphere, but also being nerve shreddingly scary. One of the elements of the game that sticks out for me in particular is the way sound is used throughout the game.

Don't let the abundance of Youtuber's Let's Playing the game repel you. I assure you it isn't some Five Nights at Freddy's deal.
I'm going to look into this game. My curiosity is officially aroused.