Any Fans Of The Deception Series?

With the expansion version of Deception IV being announced, I was wondering if there are anyone else who are fans of the franchise, especially the long-time ones who played the first game back in 1997.

The Deception series is about defeating invaders almost exclusively using traps that spring out of the floor, walls and ceiling.
If you can line up your traps perfectly, you could repeatedly hit the intruder with multiple traps, bouncing them all over the room in the form of a sadistic Rube Goldberg combo.

You can find a lot of games imitating one another but the Deception series is something I feel is the only one of its kind.
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I wish I still had the deception games especially the 1997 one
While the trap mechanics of that title left a lot to be desired, I kinda missed the option of renovating the castle, as well as capturing invaders alive, imprisoning them and turning them into monsters.
those were the best parts of the games
I really wish the Zemekian Prince would make a comeback one of these days.

Nightmare Princess boasts "returning heroines" but no love for the original protagonist of the series.

Even that one time villain Ardebaran from the first game returns in trap form a few times!
Which was the one with... geez, what's it, it was a young dark haired girl? She wore a shirt with an open back and she had some wicked tattoo on it? It was for the Playstation? I remember playing a demo of that and having a bit of fun with it. Never got around to playing the rest, so I checked out a couple LP's on it.
The girl with black hair and wicked tattoo was from Deception II for the PlayStation 1.

You know how RE4 changed the RE series' gameplay mechanics?
Deception II is the RE4 of the Deception series, since it ditched the RPG elements and the first person view from the original game, while focusing more on trap combos (which are nonexistent back then).

All Deception games today are based off Deception II's formula.
That's neat. I would definitely try those if they made it to PSN's classics section.
The PS1 games are all in Japanese on PSN.

But the 4th game (not numbered IV) called Trapt is available in English in PSN.

That game is for the PS2.
Trapt? I vaguely recall this... why was it not called Deception?
I have no fucking clue...

But it's more or less a game from the Deception series, since its Japanese version calls it "Kagero".