What is your Preferred Fighting Game?

people have preferences. people like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Tekken, tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Mine is Skull Girls. What's yours GO!
Comments56
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I like Mortal Kombat. The fatalities have come a long way since the first game... now we can see the life leave their faces, unless there isn't a face left.
I'm quite partial to 3D fighters over 2D ones. For franchises as a whole, Tekken is by far the best for me. Soul Calibur was okay but I feel it went downhill after 3.  Don't get me wrong, 4 & 5 were okay but the previous games were just more... Addicting for me. Dead or Alive, despite the constant pandering it has is pretty decent and fun every once in awhile. More games...

:bulletblack:Bloody Roar Primal Fury & Bloody Roar 3 I'm sad that the series didn't get brought to the PS3 generation because even though 4 sucked, the franchise was pretty good. Unfortunately, with furries having a bad stigma on them, it was pretty inevitable that the series wouldn't be popular. But the game for the most part was fun and different to say the least. :nod:

:bulletblack:Virtua Fighter 5 The game is definitely challenging from a technical standpoint. I wish I got into the games earlier but for the most part, I only own 5 & played the first game way back in the past. I plan on getting the PS2 titles. :nod:

:bulletblack:Super Smash Bros: I don't consider it a "fighter fighter" but yeah, the series is very fun.
Lol the only fighting games I'm remotely good at are Smash bros and Soul calibur
Tekken (so far the BEST fighter with REAL 3D style - you can actually MISS based on your opponent's current action, not just distance).
MK is good but too bland with timing (you can't MISS, once you HIT - that's DUMB).
Budakais are very good as well, of course, but have the same problem like MK, I think (haven't played one for a long time).
Smash Bros, because I'm a filthy casual whenever it comes to fighting games, haha.
Project M is my favorite version, I'm pretty decent at it? The costume are nice too.
Darkstalkers! DBZTB3 (really long name)! Virtua Fighter 5! I like them both because I can easily string together attacks (even if they're not proper combos) without having to time my moves down to the single frame. I just don't have to get good enough at other games, even though they're also really good! 
I always mix up all those Budokais, but yeah, those were great.
Xenoverse is utter SHIT in comparison.

But my all-times favorite fighter is Tekken.
I used to love Mortal Kombat 4 as my first GOOD fighter game, but Tekken 3 overwhelmed it in no time.
Sadly, that's the LATEST Tekken I have played, since I don't have any consoles (nor plan to buy any either).
T3 is for PS1, as in PSX, which goes perfectly fine on my PC, but anything PS2 is already above my capabilities of NORMAL game play.
I am considering downloading MKX, but as far as I can see - it still sucks compared to the Tekken series.
Bloody Roar 3 & 4
Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers
J-Stars Victory Vs.
Dragonball Z: Budokai 3
Tekken by excellence
street fighter, the original and still the best, cant play fighting games anymore because of repetitive strain on my thumb.
My Top 3 Franchises

1. Tekken

2. Super Smash Bros.

3. Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
I like SF X Tekken, Tekken Tag2, SCV. I'm waiting for all the new games of these.
I grew up on KoF, so it will always have a place in my heart. If there's one in the series I'd definetly like to play again if KoF'96. Alongside with Street Fighter Alpha 3 they're the fighting games I miss the most.
Holy crap! There are other people who like Skullgirls! We should all play sometime!

Other than that, I really like Smash Bros (though I haven't played much of 4 yet), Killer Instinct on the N64, Street Fighter Third Strike, and Melty Blood
Crap, almost forgot about Dissidia!
Mortal Kombat! Still play em on my SNES.  Fatalities, babalities, animalities and knocking each other to different levels was great.
Final Fantasy Dissidia012

- where movement is not just limited to up,down,left,right
I just love it :D Haven't versed anyone before though :(

- and the dashing is awesome

Although I do have a feeling that Smash Bros is a lot fun multiplayer (especially since Dissidia 012 is only 1 on 1)

Smash Bros is my second fav
Mortal Kombat.
It doesn't need finesse! Its clunky, blunt, brutal and in most cases, doesn't take itself very seriously! In many ways it's like a good 80s action movie, where someone gets shot and no less than three pints of blood goes rocketing out of the wound.
Street Fighter, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Super Smash Bros.
Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Eternal Champions, Smash Bros., Darkstalkers and the Marvel vs. Capcom series :).
Pretty much any fighting game that DOESN'T have the Tekken or Soul Caliber fighting mechanics or any similar. I feel they're slow and clunky. I prefer the line of games made by Capcom and SNK.
Tekken only seems slow to you because it doesn't promote button mashing like the capcom games do. I still enjoy both but if you played the people I have in Tekken you wouldn't be calling it slow.