So Smash Bros lets us vote for any gaming character to appear…

In case you haven’t heard from Nintendo Direct Smash 4 is now taking votes to consider any video game character to be put in:

cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

The ballot’s going to be on for a while (deadline’s 10/3 as of this post) and I can imagine thousands upon THOUSANDS of (highly debatable) suggestions since I think there would be just one character being made. I don’t want to spam the ballots since I really want to only pick one and I don’t want to be saying “he/she’s awesome!” or "(character) should be in because I say so!" on why someone should appear.

We have to think how a character would behave with Smash Bros physics. Not only that, ideally a character should have enough attacks/moves to make an entire move set and also represent a character without copying from existing fighters. I’m getting the feeling that third party characters, although awesome to have in Smash, aren’t really going to be considered unless a character has a history with Nintendo. Since we can already make Mii fighters to look like any human character we have some options as far as new “characters".

I'll also point out that characters that are existing Assist Trophies, Pokeballs and boss fights are likely never going to be playable officially (although it happened to Charizard and Palutena before but those were between games).

We finally have a chance to decide with Smash who should join the fight. Don’t blow it. It would be quite disappointing if a single character chosen by gamers turns out to be a clone of another fighter.

Any ideas so far? I would like to discuss this before casting votes.

Comments105
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'd like Shantae, but whatevs
I picked Lara Croft, come on her role is gaming history should be enough!
Or Klonoa!
Well, when this whole thing came up, I didn't really know who to pick. So, what I did was look up who people were voting for because I might as well pick some one who a lot of people want.

Long story short, I chose Quote from Cave Story. Listen, Shovel Knight is a cool indie character and all, but I thought Quote deserves the spot more than him or any other indie character because his game's success really made a huge impact on the indie game scene. But hey, if we do get Shovel Knight, or whoever else, I'm not going to be butt-hurt over it. Though, from what I can gather, he's going to need a big push to get up there, so *ahem* vote for Quote. :D
*insert vote for Goku/Shrek/whatever the fuck here*

But seriously, Bayonetta. Need I say any more?
I voted for her too. She'd be PERFECT.
I haven't put my vote in yet. I'm torn between Shantae and Karate Joe.
I voted for Wolf and Isaac from Golden Sun, myself.
I know we could have anyone but why vote for somebody who's already been in we could get someone totally great and new but some people just want the same thing as before...
I'm personally going for Blaziken.
mynintendonews.com/2015/04/05/…

They say that any charrie are eligible, plus I heard somewhere the the Microsoft CEO, the Phil guy, says it would be nice if Banjo Kazooie appears in Smash.
I voted for Sora (Kingdom Hearts) because I found the voting news on April Fools Day and thought it was a prank, would've voted for Jade (Tales of the Abyss) or Shantae (Shantae series) if I knew this was legit.
Well well, this changes things. It's a good thing I didn't vote yet. Though it's ideal to look at official news feeds it's good to wait until things are cleared up since the form itself is vaguely described.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo Direct wouldn't prank its own viewers because it was simply released on April Fool's and it wouldn't be any different if it were released another day.
I know they wouldn't prank us, but I know that some sites are celebrating April Fool's Day...It just makes it a bit trickier for me to wade through news seeking if they're celebrating or acting as though it's a normal day.
Dixie Kong, Captain K Rool
Zero-(Mega man)
Farmer (harvest moon)
Banjo and Kazooie (LOL NEVER GON' HAPPEN)
Tom Nook (animal crossing)
Child Link (based on Majora's Mask)
Midna
Kid Ying and/or Doctor Yang (legend of the mystical ninja)
Crystal (starfox assault)
Birdo
Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow (sonic)
Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
I was going to say "Inkling" but I don't know why this character should be in there.
ah never mind, I got one.
UPDATE 4/4

I've just found out on Smash's FB page that they might only take Nintendo characters. I only wish Smash would have worded the ballot form differently on the official site. I'm getting the feeling that no third party characters outside of Nintendo would make it in (although we have some good ideas here if Smash allowed them).

Now that I know about this early on I hope our votes are more focused on Nintendo characters over the next 6 months so ours don't go to waste.

After all, this is Nintendo's crossover.
Whaaaat? That kinda ruined the hyped for me. I was going to vote for Havik from MK because I want to see a character that breaks his own bones (for healing and attacks) in a Nintendo game.
Although I already cast my vote, I want the Ice Climber back in.

No, not Ice Climbers, just one with the option to switch between Nana and Popo (alternate skins)
Since Lucas was just announced to return Popo/Nana might become DLC and it's best not to use the ballot to return veterans. It's likely if either came back they would be together like before but if they were to go solo Popo or Nana need a new Up special and most attacks would need to be buffed.

I'll admit this, the Ice Climbers were one of my main fighters in Melee and Brawl.
I voted for Tingle
I voted for Commander Andy and Commander Sturm from Advance Wars.
My brother voted for the moon from Majora's Mask. :iconhappymoonplz:
I voted for Simon Belmont. The Castlevania series has been on Nintendo consoles since the NES and he was the first protagonist introduced. And with Megaman & Pit It'll complete the Captain N lineup XD.