If I can't play video games anymore am I still a gamer?

I used to play all the time as a child and well into my teenage years. Then I developed a medical disorder and gradually over the years it's been harder and harder to pick up a controller, so I kind of stopped. I still miss gaming and wish I could, and I guess I could still give it a shot, but I think more than anything it would make me feel bad for many reasons.

Anyway am I still a gamer? I mean I still adore to pieces Kingdom Hearts (my first video game addiction after Spyro) even though I haven't played anything released after 2 sadly, and won't be able to play KH3. :( 
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You're still a gamer at heart :)

I won't be playing new games (PS3, PS4 etc.)  anytime soon; because of some reasons....but I still consider myself a gamer.
Well, you do seem to a passion for gaming, so maybe. Or at the very least a fan of gaming, which is the next best thing.
I remember experimenting once with using voice control to play a turn-based video game. I used a talk-to-type program and simply spoke the words that corresponded to the keyboard keys I needed to press. If you can find the right games, it might be an option.
I have similar issues, though my inability to play games comes from having work and art to balance. I don't have time to play as many games like I used to. That being said, I keep gaming a huge part of my life. When I'm working on a project I turn on a let's play or a reviewer. I do what I can to keep up to date with gaming news, new releases, and the indie space. I could tell you entire plots, mechanic systems, and even devloper info on games I've never picked up myself. I wish I could have time to play them, I really do. In your case, the answer isn't as simple as mine. But with all that goes into gaming and the community around it, there's always another way to keep involved. 

I hope this helps
get skyrim type "`" "tgm" you're welcome
There are other types of games besides video games.
We'll have to run a DNA test.

If it comes up negative, we'll have to confiscate your membership card until you do the forgiveness dance.
Do you feel it in your blood?
There are other types of games :) maybe get some board games 

out of curiosity, what's the trouble with a controller?
I have PD (Parkinson's Disease). It makes things like gaming hard. Even typing is difficult, but at least with typing I can take my time. With most games you have a set amount of time left to respond and sometimes it takes me very long to do things due to shaking.