Final Fantasy XV

Have you guys seen the new footage of this game that came out recently? All I've got to say is that, from what I've heard and seen these far, it looks pretty dang amazing! It has so much going for it; the higher priority put on adventure instead of strictly linear storytelling, a dynamic combat system, not to mention GORGEOUS graphics...in short, I have pretty high hopes!

If you haven't seen it, give this vid a look...www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/0…

This vid is also worth a look...www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK3HNm…

What do you think? Do you think the 10 years spent waiting so far will be worth it in the end? Do you think square enix can make a comeback? How do you think this game will compare to squares older titles?

Let me know your opinion in the comments (just don't be rude, 'kay? :3)!

Chocobo Knight Chocobo Knight Chocobo Knight Chocobo Knight Chocobo Knight Chocobo Knight Chocobo Knight Chocobo KnightChocobo Knight 
Comments42
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't plan on getting a PS4 anytime soon. But when I do, I want Final Fantas XV to by my first game for it. :D
This game does look promising. I haven't been this excited for a game since Kingdom Hearts 2.

My only qualm is that the English voice actor for Noctis is not good enough. Especially when compared to the Jap voice.
I will play in japanese voice and english sub, so it wouldn't matter I am a dummy! 
There's such an edition? :O
I'm not sure yet, but they did in Type-0, i hope square add multi audio option on XV as well.
I personally like Noctis's voice actor :) The one that does bother me a bit is Prompto's voice actor. It sounds a bit obnoxious at times.
Which one was Prompto again?

Well regardless, this is just the first XV. Imagine its sequels Ultra Excitement 
The blond guy.

I know! wode pls 
I kinda like it, actually, i didn't have much expectation for this. The graphic and battle looks fun, but the characters doesn't look interesting, and being unable to switch or control another party member is just disappointing.

But at least FF is going back to it's line, with world map and vehicle, i hope there will be airship too!
FF needs to be turn based to really go back to it's roots IMO 
Most people think that turn based is outdated, it won't appeal much customer. Of course square don't want that.
yeah but it should be about making a good game and more people should appreciate  turnbased 
XIII, and it didn't work very well.
Oh god no. We have enough FF classics for that. And XIII!
Yeah, the designs aren't the most flashy or "interesting", but they did make them a bit more detailed over time. These were the designs then...static.giantbomb.com/uploads/o… compared to now...img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20…

As long as they have good personalities, that'll be good enough for me :)
Is it confirmed you are only controlling Noctis? So much info is so old and I have no idea how accurate it is anymore, but it was mentioned that playing other characters was a thing, Noctis just can't be removed from the party (something about the other characters needing him for magic, but that too could be outdated info). There was even supposed to be a third person shooter aspect when switched to Prompto.
Aww, oh well. :/
Won't be getting a ps4 for some time, but this is one of the games I wanted to get one for.
I've been following every single update of this game :giggle:
Yep I'm one of those FF fans who is genuinely impressed with everything in the game so far.
The common complaint I see around is why they decided to shrug off the turn-based gameplay;
I honestly miss that too but just look at the quality of FFXV so far. Can't bash the whole franchise with that kind of skill!
Agreed!
Though I do prefer real time combat, turn based combat can be enjoyable too, as long as things don't become too complicated. FFXIII had some sort of turn based kind of thing going for its battle system, but there was something really awkward about it. I've only played the demo of XIII-2 and it was a pain. I prefer the simpler turn based system from the old days like in ff4 or ff7 :)
I hope nobody kills me for this, but I really enjoyed FFXIII's combat system, or at least the potential it could have but they didn't do. XD
It's like a mixture of turn-based and real time; it's an active battle but at the same time makes you feel relaxed.
I only wished they polished it more, like being able to switch between characters (they did this in XIII-2 but you only had a choice between
Noel and Serah which still sucks lol) or improving the AI of the characters you're not controlling.

I'm glad turn-based system isn't completely gone in the industry, and I'm looking forward to Persona 5 (assuming it's the same system) and Bravely Second. :D
so parts look good others not so much Cindy is trying to hard to show clevege and the action based game play thing bothers me