Pokemon 7th Generation?

I know gen 6 has only been released a little over a year ago but I think to imagine the future of the franchise!

Do you reckon there will be a 7th generation of Pokemon? What would it be like?

I'd say that it's likely, with the commercial popularity of the franchise. But at the same time, they have been focusing on remakes a lot in recent years. 
Also, mega-evolutions seem to be more dominant in the franchise and I can imagine with each game release, they will focus on expanding the roster of megas rather than designing whole new 'Mons.

But Nintendo has surprised me before lol.

Thoughts?
Comments109
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The seventh gen may as well be representing a continent next, or at least a large enough area spanning multiple countries would be nice, and the main villains could be something similar to a corrupt government/a group trying to seize control. Though I hope it doesn't come out till 2018/19.
I just really want Gen 4 re-makes, which if they happen will be Gen 7 at the earliest. They were by far my favorite games, I have so much grades school nostalgia from them and so many good memories. 
I am personally waiting what the new Pikaclone will be like...

I truly hate and despise you

I think we need more evolutions and pre-evolutions. I mean, a Farfetch'd evolution is way overdue.

I also think some Pokemon with bad stats, such as Tangrowth, need a Mega Evolution.
I'd love to see a region based on Spain :)
That would be interesting! They've done France, so why not :D
I would like to have a region based around Indonesia...
idk but im looking for a gen 4 remake
like Temporal Diamond and Spacial Pearl
That would be cool, probably will sometime in the future
yeah
but it will be kinda weird for me i think bc Pearl was my very first video game and to see it in 3D or something else even... :O
Yah pearl and diamond were the first main pokemon games on the DS system, so it was the first time implementing 3D elements. It would be pretty nice to see it in full, HD 3D!
ya :OOO id love to see mega garchomp, mega luxray, and maybe even mega staraptor
There's already a mega Garchomp xD

But yeh Luxray needs a boost to its stats haha
but mega luxray. with cool new designs
and part dark type.
and good stats
and its designs
and REMAKE OF PEARL AND DIAMOND
supposedly if Gen VII does come out on a next gen console i can expect to see a Diamond/Pearl remake. However since Gen V didn't have ORAS I can imagine that if Gen VII is on 3DS with a similar engine as XY then I can imagine there won't be a remake. As for for whats to expect perhaps they'll go further into the lore. I mean so far there has been talk about a War that supposedly happened between Unova and Kalos. Furthermore there is the traveler in XY who give you what looks like a tiki doll saying something along the lines of "My region? You'll just have to check it yourself" ;)
I would love to see a London themed region. :3 that would be cool. Like the large major city have a large Big Ben like clock and maybe the atmosphere of the region could be kind of foggy and full of mystery. Where the evil team dresses up like wolves or something. O_O A werewolf Pokémon! Now that would be cool.  Most definitely they are going to probably make another gen. If they've done six they'll do more. I doubt they'll stop.

I honestly would like to see a Moose Pokémon. :3 Maybe as the water starter or something. xD Unless they're saving that for a Canada Region. I liked how they mixed the starters up in X/Y. I got tired of the Fire Starter being fighting.

As for new 'Mons I'm not sure. I would love to see a living statue one. Since they've got a Sword. :3 Maybe like some long lost evolve forms. Like Spearow/Fearow getting a third form, or baby one.  I dunno, whenever they make it and it comes out I'll get it. xD lol
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a seventh gen.

The next new game will probably be the third XY (continuing with the tradition), then a year after that will be the seventh gen.

Then POSSIBLY a DPP remake.

But I suspect that the seventh gen will be similar to X and Y in the way that there will be less completely new Pokémon, but more megas.

Some things I'd want for the seventh gen:
*difficulty setting from the start
*trainer customization back
*mega evolutions for all starters (to make it fair)
*another two-region game. I loved GSC because of the longer gameplay.
*a dark-type gym. Come on already XD
*Pokémon to follow you again
I'd like those too! I'd also like a couple new games for Pokemon-Amie.

And also a Pokemon Snap sequel for 3DS...
I didn't think of that, I agree. Maybe even a way to compete with other people for scores to get special items or whatever (like clothing or rare berries maybe), kind of like the Pokémon Jump and stuff in FrLg. I would go nuts with that XD. Pokémon Amie is addicting.

I've never played Pokémon Snap, but I've heard it's good. I might try it out if they remake it.
That would be really fun.  I like that idea of getting clothing, or maybe even toys, for your Pokemon through Amie.

Snap was my favorite game when I was younger.  If they do a remake and sequel of it for the 3DS (both old and new), I'll just be over the moon for it.  Especially if it's by Grezzo (the same company that remade Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 3D).  
If they do remake Pokémon Snap, I probably will get it.