help me choose some games for the 3ds! :D

hello friends!! my SO's birthday is coming up and i'd like to buy him some games for the 3ds. it would be amazing to get some suggestions from you guys! he said he wants all types of games, but i'd like to know what's "hot" at the moment and what games are enjoyable for absolutely anyone. i only play pokemon on my 3ds so my knowledge is limited. thank you so much and have a good day! c:
Comments20
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Off the top of my head:

Super Smash Bros.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarian of Time 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Star Fox 64 3D
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Smash Bros is supposedly good (I want but can't afford haha).
Professor Layton is great if you don't mind buying old games.
Rhythm Thief is a highly underrated 3DS game which is fun if he likes Layton type things.

And if you can't decide you can't go wrong with an E-Shop card C:
kid icarus uprising
As everyone is saying, Smash Bros is a must since there is just so much value from it. Online play is great!

My other personal favorites are:
-Fire Emblem: Awakening (imo, the best game on the platform as of now)
-Pokemon X/Y (ORAS is good too, but if your SO has played the originals then X/Y will be a lot more fun since it has a lot of innovations and you can still play with ORAS trainers)
-Animal Crossing - always relaxing
-Persona Q
-Monster Hunter 3U, though 4U is coming out in a few weeks

If he's an artist, I highly suggest the 3D Colors! app from the eShop. I think it's pretty good for an art app, I've seen some incredible stuff done with it
Yeah, the 3D Colours! app is pretty great :U  I have it on my 3DSXL and it's like a built-in sketchbook and simple digital program.  I dunno how well one can do with a normal-size 3DS though :paranoid:
It's not the newest game but if he's okay with rts games then I would strongly suggest Fire Emblem: Awakening.
I highly recommend you Bravely Default and The Legend of Zelda: A Link between worlds !
Super Smash Bros is fun too!
thank you!! c: ♥♥♥
It's my pleasure!!
Did you choose which games you're willing to buy?
yeah! c: i planned on buying super smash bros, ocarina of time and pokemon oras.
hopefully i have enough money in my wallet, bahaha. xD
It's a really good idea!! But as for Pokémon, which one will you buy? xD
At worst, open commissions! c:
If he really likes the Nintendo classics or is curious about them I would recommend Ultimate NES Remix
If all else fails, get him an eShop card and let him chose what to buy. They have some neat games for download there as well. :nod:
Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 7, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Link Between Worlds, and Bravely Default are all top, top games. I also recommend the Ace Attorney games and SMT4, but those are more niche.

If he doesn't have a Wii U, Mario 3D Land, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart 7 are pretty good, too.
Super smash bros
Super Mario 3D land
Zelda: ocarina of time

(I would go for Super smash bros if I were you)
thanks for the suggestions! :D